Obama as President

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Tim H

Re: Obama as President

Post by Tim H »

So you've read all 680 pages already and determined it to be good. Great, we'll all sleep better knowing that you put your stamp of approval on it. I don't chose to see all the bad, I only look at what is there. That is the difference between you and me.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Tim H wrote:So you've read all 680 pages already and determined it to be good. Great, we'll all sleep better knowing that you put your stamp of approval on it. I don't chose to see all the bad, I only look at what is there. That is the difference between you and me.
LOL No, I have not read all of it, but in what I have read I believe that there is more good than bad, and I have to trust in the individuals that I voted for, and I have voted for some Republicans but mostly Democrats. I feel they put the "common" person first, not their financial future first. But I guess we all should take it into consideration that you have read all 680 pages and have determinded that it is all bad.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Spoken as a typical democrat. If you don't like what you hear, exaggerate the other persons position to try to make it sound extreme. I never said everything in the bill was bad. As a matter of fact if you will look at some of my previous posts you would see that I suggested the best solution would include parts of this bill. However, as a whole this bill is bad for the country. There is not just over the top spending but there are regulations that are put in place by this bill that are bad for this country as well. They won't come out in the CNN reports because they would even make some liberals cringe. The shift of power that this bill will bring infringes on the rights of the people of this country and that includes this precious "middle class" that you are all so fond of parading around.

Read the bill. I didn't tell you what to think of it, I just made it available to you so when it comes to pass you are without excuse. It will also point you in the right direction when other things come to pass and you want to blame the republicans who did not vote to pass this bill. The final bill will be going to committee and when it comes out, you will be able to see the pork (President Obama said publicly is not in this bill) has risen substantially and who added it.

By the way, I started reading this bill last week and I am indeed almost completely through it. I am hoping the bill that comes out has the changes highlighted in some way so I don't have to read another 600 plus pages. Why do you suppose a spending bill that is the LARGEST IN HISTORY took so many pages to write? Could be they didn't want most people to read it.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"