Obama as President

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rabbithoundjb

Re: Obama as President

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Pine mt. just last week Obama used his executive power to reverse Bushes ban on tax payer funding for a number of abortion iniatives. I was so dissapointed I haven't even read it. I just know it make us tax payers fund abortion.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Pine Mt, I wouldn't have got you thinking if I hadn't needed to research so much myself to address things you brought up, so it's not a one way street. Those who are open minded and intellectually honest find answers when their way of thinking is challenged. I like when people challenge my way of thinking, when it's done honestly and not just to make a point but to persuade me to see another side. You have demonstrated your open mindedness by your posts and it is not just an empty claim.

In reading your posts on dogs, I would say we are very close on our positions. I believe on days when we are not trying to solve the country's problems we could drop our dogs down together and not have a single disagreement. We would probably even enjoy it.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

:angel:
Last edited by Pine Mt Beagles on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

I believe any bans on hand guns or hunting guns would be met with great resistance with both parties,,,,,and a strong message would be sent to Washington....I don't believe anyone would want to pay for abortions either... and I don't believe, the republicans would think that is what the democrats believe in,,,you can call us liberal, scum democruds or any of the other slang you want, but it just shows your immurtuity,,,,if you would only own up to it GW was the most liberal president Ever.....And he borrowed heavily from China, Japan and the arab world...and the coruption that went on under his administration, bilking large sums of money from inocent people....and you want to call him a hero....

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Beaglechase it is apparent you don't know the party platforms. democrat platform on abortion:pro choice means they support abortion. republican platform: pro life means there against it. democratic party favors gun control the republicans are against it. dems are against capital punishment the repubs are for it and so on.

I have already admitted Bush was a liberal spender , old news. When are you guys going to admit Clintons pin stroke is the cause of jobs being exported and the loan fiasco that has crippled the entire countries cash flow.

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:Beaglechase it is apparent you don't know the party platforms. democrat platform on abortion:pro choice means they support abortion. republican platform: pro life means there against it. democratic party favors gun control the republicans are against it. dems are against capital punishment the repubs are for it and so on.

I have already admitted Bush was a liberal spender , old news. When are you guys going to admit Clintons pin stroke is the cause of jobs being exported and the loan fiasco that has crippled the entire countries cash flow.
What you do not understand is the fact that some democrats, do not follow party platforms, I don't like abortions either, but some women feel they have no choice other than to abort, and what I have told you it all lye with us as an individual, how many of us would adopt. or set up organizations who could house and help these women get on their feet, so they could work and take care of their own offspring, were so upset if taxes would rise, that we don't have the necessary thought to prevent abortion, until we get to that point where we say enough is enough, all we do is point the blame on party instead of the individual.....I do not favor gun control either, and if it ever comes up whereby, the government would do away with the 2nd Admendment, I would be on the bandwagon with those who oppose. I am not against capital punishment either, certain violations of the law require it.....your party has its conservatitives and liberal republicans, you have some that are pro-choice...political platforms doesn't make all think alike,,,but when I think of republicam, I think rich and powerful, who only think of themselves until they become in need, and I never knew a one would turn down all the freebies they could get legal or not...I beilieve some democrats would feel right at home on the so-called repubican platforms,,,,,

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

So beaglechase it is safe to assume the dems are not rich and powerful HMMM. I noted you support the repub. platform at least on the listed items, yet you are enamered with Obama. I vote my principles its like the song says you have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. I am aware that not all politicians follow the platform on every issue but YOU have to sort through that and decide what's important to you.

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

what my platform is along with what I stated before, is getting the country moving again, I believe that this country defiantly needs a stinulus package not only for the short term but for the long term, but where we differ is the policies of the republicans don't always add up for the good of the country as a whole but to the small percentage of the elite...we need to start from the bottom up promoting jobs that require a living wage for everyone....to close the gap and promote the middle class that is becoming extinct in america, the trickle down theory doesn't work, but it is hard for the republican party to grasp that...maybe if you would stop being arrogorant and listen to people that are trying to shoo up the economy and not put it in deeper. you blame the democrats for sitting on their hands for two years, you probably have a point there, but are you not doing the same thing in your party and your beliefs....

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I dont see where I was being arrogant, oh I didn't agree with you and as I have previously stated Bushes spending philosophy was bad.I was against his 800 billion dollar package and I'm against this 850 billion dollar package. So you honestly believe an economy can be built from the bottom up. So when the large buisnesses/small buisnesses and the wealthier individuals that Obama and obviously you believe can be taxed heavier pull their money out of economy and send it offshore, lets see how many homeless,on welfare,on food stamps people start creating jobs. The government can only spend so much, remember their spending your money. Unlike buisnesses and individual developers their not producing anything to make money except taxes.

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:I dont see where I was being arrogant, oh I didn't agree with you and as I have previously stated Bushes spending philosophy was bad.I was against his 800 billion dollar package and I'm against this 850 billion dollar package. So you honestly believe an economy can be built from the bottom up. So when the large buisnesses/small buisnesses and the wealthier individuals that Obama and obviously you believe can be taxed heavier pull their money out of economy and send it offshore, lets see how many homeless,on welfare,on food stamps people start creating jobs. The government can only spend so much, remember their spending your money. Unlike buisnesses and individual developers their not producing anything to make money except taxes.
I realize there are things in this stimulus package that are not what is really necessary, I believe that the senate and the house, both parties involved, could sucessfuly get this problem resolved...the republican party has a chance to redem itself...come up with something that will work for the least amount of money...the republican party could have the best ideas, or may not, but millions of people are added to the unemployed each month so shouldn't any tax cuts be connected to job creation? Green energy resources be given money to come up with an alternate energy source... Yes I believe an economy can be raised by the bottom up...without the little man you would have no use for american made goods which is real relevent now....help these people, and welfare can cure itself just like Clintons policies were doing back then, anybody wanted a job could get one, but some will never work, no matter what you do....

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Beaglechase we will agree to disagree. I'm not prevy to these policies that were about to cure welfare since Clinton took more taxes from me to give them more handouts and deregulated legislature to allow those who couldn't afford a house to get a loan they couldn't pay which caused the financial institutions to collapse and got us into these bailouts. Research the community reinvestment act and while your at it go see which politicians were getting the bulk of the financial support from Fannie and freddie and ask yourself (for what).You say the parties need to move forward and get along and I say all elected officials should be held accountable for their actions by their peers and the people, nobody gets a free pass.

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

I understand and I agree, and I have several republicans friends whom we can disagree but still remain friends...God Bless you

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

It looks like President Obama is going to have his bill passed. Now he owns this economy so the blame it on Bush stuff can stop. President Obama got exactly what he wanted and said would fix this economy. Let's just see how good he's done. The democrats are right there with him so it is in their hands as well.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Rather than listening to anyones spin. Here is a link to the PDF of the bill that passed the house. This is the same bill they are trying to pass in the senate.

http://www.portstoplains.com/advocacy/H ... Passed.pdf

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Tim H wrote:Rather than listening to anyones spin. Here is a link to the PDF of the bill that passed the house. This is the same bill they are trying to pass in the senate.

http://www.portstoplains.com/advocacy/H ... Passed.pdf
Thanks for posting it, I like it and I am for it. There are things that I would like to leave out and things I would like to add. But I will take this in a heart beat. It is better then our leaders in Washington sitting around and living high on the hog while the rest of America is going down the tubes, as the last decade has been. When the river is rising, I respect the man that try’s to make a boat out of concrete more than the man that sits there waiting to drown, especially if its his own family that’s going to go under, and he still does nothing. I am happy about the plan and I am happy concerning all the changes taking place. You choose to see all the bad in the plan, I choose to see all the good in the plan. Those in powers in Washington has shown how much they really care about the common man. Now let those that are there now have there chance. You said it, not me. The Democrats and Obama get all the blame. Well it works both ways. When it works and in 4 years things are improved and going well, the Democrats and Obama will get the Credit. Remember in 4 years that the Republicans were totally against it.