GUN'S OR JOB'S

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

GUN'S OR JOB'S

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

WE HAVE NOT HAD A GOOD HEATED DISCUSSION IN SOME TIME,----------------
SO HERE IS THE QUESTION.IT IS, BLACK AND WHITE, NO MIDDLE AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAY'S,IT IS ABSOLUTE,IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ONE, AND ONLY ONE, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE,YOUR GUN'S OR YOUR JOB..I KNOW EVERYONE HERE IS HUNTERS ,I HAVE OWNED GUN'S, AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER, AND I DON'T KNOW ANYONE' WHO DOES NOT OWN A GUN,I WILL SAY RIGHT OFF THIS, WILL BE HARD TO ANSWER,IF YOU GIVE A TRUE ANSWER,AND THINK OF YOUR FAMILY,CAN YOU DO WITHOUT A GUN OR DO WITHOUT A GUN ,I WAS ASKED THIS STUPID QUESTION YESTERDAY AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR THOUGHTS.
RUFUS

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

beaglechase

Re: GUN'S OR JOB'S

Post by beaglechase »

are you saying, you believe it will come down to this? or is this hypothetical?

Pine Mt Beagles

OF COURSE NOT IT'S,,,,,,, A HYPOTHETICAL,,,QUESTION,, BUT I THINK MOST THAT HAVE READ IT , BUT NOT POSTED SEE ,THAT IT IS LOADED.--!!!!!!!!!
RUFUS

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

mtneerbp

Post by mtneerbp »

I WAS ASKED THIS STUPID QUESTION YESTERDAY AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR THOUGHTS.

you got that right it is a stupid question :argue: :bash: :bash: one that I will not choose :lol: :lol:
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

zambron

Post by zambron »

we have a right to bear arms so if thet took them something would have to change in our socity in that case i would want my guns.it seems the only thing people care about in the constitution any more is abortion rights.
If Elmer fudd was my friend buggs would be dead

Newt

Post by Newt »

That is a dumb question. We are not guaranteed jobs by the constitution but we are guaranteed the right to find work. Taking a job is up to the individual. I know the constitution is of no importance to the left. The big teat is always there if you choose not to work, as long as you vote for the right party or should I say, left party.

TC

Post by TC »

It is my opinion that no matter how good you are or how long you have been with a company they have no loyalty... If you have a gun at least you can still feed your family if you don't have the job....

Besides if they took the guns away from law abiding citizens the criminals would still have guns....
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Pine Mt Beagles

... If you have a gun at least you can still feed your family if you don't have the job....

A VERY GOOD POINT,
NEWT---LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE CONSTITUTION,THE LAST FEW YEARS,
RUFUS

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

TC wrote:It is my opinion that no matter how good you are or how long you have been with a company they have no loyalty... If you have a gun at least you can still feed your family if you don't have the job....

Besides if they took the guns away from law abiding citizens the criminals would still have guns....
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

thats a no brainer imho if it came right down to guns or job guess my guns would be gone my family or myself cant live very long on gun soup bet the broth would be mitey thin jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Gang

Post by Gang »

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated ------------------------------ Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ---- ------------- ------------- Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------ Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ----------------------------- Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million. ------------------------------ It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns! While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it. You won't see this datum on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson. With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'. During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED! If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. As John Steinbeck once said: 1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. 2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck. 3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy. 4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. 5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.' 6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity. 7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.' 8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!! But wait, there's more! I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank. I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

unarmed americans would face the same fate, that is the reason when you see this coming something is not right. citicens of america that bear arms is like having a second militia.

TC

Post by TC »

wvduece wrote:thats a no brainer imho if it came right down to guns or job guess my guns would be gone my family or myself cant live very long on gun soup bet the broth would be mitey thin jb
That is where you are wrong wrong wrong! Like said before jobs are temporary, no guarantee they will be there and when they have used you up you are gone gone gone... With a gun and a box of shells you can feed your family.... I would rather rely on my skills then on my job being there because the work force is fickle and you get where the employees are plentiful and jobs are scarce, you screw up one time even a little bit and they have a mile of applicants to replace you with. Right now in the workforce EVERY ONE is replaceable.... There is not a person out there that cannot be replaced in the work force and companies are starting to let their employees know just that...
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

I don't need several pages to anwser that. It's simple....... I'll keep my guns and let the government take care of paying my bills. It seems my taxes are already doing that! Why not get a piece of the pie! I'm tired of taking care of people that are just too darn lazy to work and I've done it for 35 years. If I had all the tax money that I've paid in, I could retire today. Instead, somebody's getting fat from me. :angryfire:
There you go, one paragraph.

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Truth is the liberals just want to know which one they should take away first. They want to take both away, it's just a matter of priorities. My guess, based on their actions, is they want the jobs first so you will have to work for them and then the guns so you won't be able to rise up when you finally figure out they snookered you.

Think about this. What jobs were they trying to create with the stimulus package? Government jobs.
Obama wants to tax ammunition so at anytime he can raise it to the point where you can't afford it with your government paycheck.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"