what got us here

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beaglechase

what got us here

Post by beaglechase »

what are the events, that took place prior to the election, that led us in the predictment we are in...?

tommyg

Re: what got us here

Post by tommyg »

I belive the Market droped when Obama was elected. Before that Barny Frank the innocent one forced Freddie and Fannie to give loans to people who couldn't pay them. If you are truely objective and want the truth watch the Market,it drops every time Obama opens his mouth,people are tired of hearing all the scare tactics going on to get the people to side with the Democrats spending spree,they want to hear a little Optimism for a change.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

TC

Post by TC »

Actually the market had been eroding before 1998 the base was crumbling at that time. At that time they were stating that the market was over inflated so this has been going on for quite some time. Every thing has a cause and effect. One of the things since the 70's I believe had started us down a spiral was when they decided that taxing the income from savings was a good idea. Prior to that people tried to save money to make their purchases, then the credit card companies loosened their lending and offered anyone a credit card, people not used to this jumped in and started purchasing stuff that they couldn't afford normally but could on time payments, then they got to spending more on credit and got caught in the credit trap. Soon the mortgage companies loosened up and started making home equity line of credit loans with the deception pay off your credit cards on our low interest mortgage, people then paid off credit cards with home equity lines of credit so over mortgaged their homes. Once their cards were paid off went back to their over spending on stuff they couldn't afford now they are in between a rock and a hard place trying to meet the demands of the credit card company and the mortgage departments. Then file bankruptcy or default on their home payments the banks then squeal cause they have all those defaults when they knew that the rates are adjustable and that people would go out and charge up their credit cards that they just paid off. The credit card companies are setting in fat city cause every time one of those people charge something or are 1 day late they increase their interest rate to 24% and know that people are less likely to default on a credit card as they would on their house. That to me is incomprehensible but that is the vicious cycle I see.

In the government it is the stupid spending, (paying for stupid stuff that don't benefit any one but their pocket books) I can see passing a straight forward bill, but when those bills are lined with all kinds of things that have not one thing to do with the original bill it should be killed immediately in the house. Just like the Sex offender bill that has a dog law attached to it. Now what does owning a dog have to do with a sex offender? Not a thing, it was a way for HESUS to get a bill passed is to have it written into another bill that they knew no one would kill because the sex offenders are so socially disgusting that the congress and house didn't even dissect what else was in that bill nor did they bother crossing it out even though it did not belong in that bill. The bill I am talking about is HR 45... This is what needs to be stopped is the piggy back bill passing. If it has nothing to do with the original then it should not be passed with it. This is also how so much pork bills get through...

Our elected officials don't believe they owe us an honest days work and they have no loyalty to their state or the people of their state their loyalties lie with in their pocket.
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Subject: The definition of insanity!

Einstein once said,

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poverty in the Cities:

City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI
32.5%

2. Buffalo , NY
29.9%

3. Cincinnati , OH
27.8%

4. Cleveland , OH
27.0%

5. Miami , FL
26.9%

5. St. Louis , MO
26.8%

7. El Paso , TX
26.4%

8. Milwaukee , WI
26.2%

9. Philadelphia , PA
25.1%

10. Newark , NJ
24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007

What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;
Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;
Cincinnati , OH (3rd)..since 1984;
Cleveland , OH (4th)..since 1989;
Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;
St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;
El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;
Milwaukee , WI (8th)..since 1908;
Philadelphia , PA (9th)..since 1952;
Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still poor...

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

Abraham Lincoln

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

I hear that! blame it on the democrats, thats all you guys know to do, doesn't the republicans do anything wrong? I guess their all saints? I know better than that...
Last edited by beaglechase on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

2500 YOU HIT A HOME RUN SON.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

TC, I think you have dug down right to the root. Too bad most people want to keep adding fertilizer (tax money) and then just trim some branches (pretending to cut the budget when actually it's just not growing it at the same pace) and then wonder why their house is being covered in branches and the foundation is crumbling.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

If the green card immigrant ((non-citizen) is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get
more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004.
She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's
a 'catch 22'.

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee
with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an

additional $580 in social assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month.

This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to

the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years, can only

receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and

Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be

ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1,012 and the

pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were

forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.

TC

Post by TC »

2500 HD wrote:If the green card immigrant ((non-citizen) is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get
more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004.
She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's
a 'catch 22'.

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee
with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an

additional $580 in social assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month.

This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to

the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years, can only

receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and

Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be

ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1,012 and the

pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were

forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.
The immigration laws are a joke in this country! Legal and Non Legal alike are treated with more respect then the American Citizens

They are given government housing, medical care, child care, dental care, and pre-school education. In many states it is illegal to make them prove legal status as well before providing them the above.

One agency in Oregon makes 33 million a year doing just this for the migrant farm workers.
They get all this and send their income to Mexico and drive 35K trucks and live in Mansions when they go back to Mexico, only have to live out of the US for 6 weeks to be considered a Migrant, to get the above. Well for US citizens that would sure be a nice vacation.... Before every one starts saying they do jobs normal US citizens will do, not true, how many farm kids and ranchers kids drive tractors and work in fields from day light to dark and does the US aford them any of these benefits? NO they do not and they pay taxes where the immigrants do not where is the balance here? I see the scale is tipped very heavy in the NON citizen's favor and they for some reason have a heavy vote power as well...
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

The immigration laws are a joke in this country! Legal and Non Legal alike are treated with more respect then the American Citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS SO TRUE ,THAT BURNS MY HIDE TO THE BONE ,I REALLY DON'T APPRECIATE THE GOVERNMENT GIVING ILLEGAL'S MORE AND BETTER RIGHT'S THAN THE PEOPLE' WHO BUILT THIS COUNTRY,AND THE PEOPLE THAT HIRE THEM' ARE EVEN WORSE ,I HAD A GARAGE' BUILT, AND SENT THREE' CREWS BACK BEFORE THEY GOT THE MESSAGE,WORK AMERICAN AND BUY AMERICAN,AS MUCH AS POSSABLE IF WE DON'T THERE WON'T BE AN AMERICA,,,,!!!!!!!!!
RUFUS

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Yeah, but WHO is going to stop them from coming in?? The ONLY ones talking about this are TRUE CONSERVATIVES...Obama is against any kind of border fence or increasing border patrols, we throw our border guards in jail for doing their jobs (Ramos and Compean)...liberals dont want ANY restrictions on illegal immigration and notice I didnt say Democrats, Im talking about LIBERALS, RINO's and Demo's...Mexico City is the KIDNAPPING CAPITOL of the WORLD and Mexican gangs are bringing that mentality here to the US...think OBAMBI will have the stones to do anything about it??? I bet my truck against your truck he doesnt. BTW, before you say it, neither did BUSH...and I was just as pissed off at him for it too.

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:I REALLY DON'T APPRECIATE THE GOVERNMENT GIVING ILLEGAL'S MORE AND BETTER RIGHT'S THAN THE PEOPLE' WHO BUILT THIS COUNTRY
How do you feel about Obama releasing terrorists so they can come right across that same border? Released 60% of the prisoners before he or his attorney general even visited Guantánamo. Then his own attorney generals report shows that it was in compliance with the Geneva convention. Might as well add a revolving door there as well and just capture the enemy and then turn them right around and send them back to the battlefield. Of course now we'll be fighting them in Afghanistan instead of Iraq so it will be a better war now.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"