Storm Clouds for Obama

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tommyg

Storm Clouds for Obama

Post by tommyg »

Ohio’s Ominous Political Storm Clouds
Peter Wehner - 07.08.2009 - 2:35 PM

If there is one set of polling data that must be sending chills down the spine of President Obama and his political aides, this is it:

President Barack Obama gets a lackluster 49 - 44 percent approval rating in Ohio, considered by many to be the most important swing state in a presidential election, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. This is President Obama’s lowest approval rating in any national or statewide Quinnipiac University poll since he was inaugurated and is down from 62 - 31 percent in a May 6 survey.

By a small 48 - 46 percent margin, voters disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy… This is down from a 57 - 36 percent approval May 6…. “Now, by a 48 - 46 percent margin, Ohio independent voters give the President a failing grade on the economy. These numbers indicate that he may be losing, at least for now, some of those who voted for him in November and should be an indication to the White House that his honeymoon with the voters may be ending,” [according to Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute].

Among independents, only one in three people in Ohio approve of Obama’s handling of the economy — and his overall job approval rating among independents is only 38 percent.

These findings are significant in several respects. First, Ohio is not Mississippi. It is arguably the most important state in American politics today and usually a pretty good indicator of what the nation is thinking. For Obama’s approval ratings to drop below 50 percent there is a troubling, and potentially quite damaging, development. And his loss among independents is simply startling.

One should quickly insert the caveat that the results of the Quinnipiac Poll come from a single survey. At the same time, the results correspond with other national trends we are seeing.

Obama’s overall job approval-rating is now under 60 percent in the RealClearPolitics poll averages. The President tends to be weakest on the issue most important to the American public right now: the economy. In addition, Obama is viewed as more and more liberal in a nation that is becoming somewhat more conservative. The effects of Obama’s spending on the deficit and debt are increasingly turning into a source of public concern. And if/when Obama breaks his pledge not to raise taxes on families earning less than $250,000 per year, public opposition and anger toward him will rise even more. His credibility, already damaged because of his assurance that the stimulus package would keep unemployment from exceeding 8 percent this year (it is likely to top 10 percent), will absorb a much more powerful blow.

The storm clouds that have been amassing on the horizon are beginning to move overhead. The second most worrisome consideration for the President is that things may well get worse before they get better, particularly when it comes to unemployment. Such a development would not, by itself, be debilitating. After all, Ronald Reagan had to endure a very bad year in 1982 as he and Paul Volcker wrung stagflation out of the economy.

No, the most worrisome consideration for Obama is that his policies, rather than making things better, make things a good deal worse. The most harmful results of Obamaism are only now beginning to be felt. Once more times passes and Obama’s mistakes become more evident, we will see, I suspect, more and more trends similar to what we are seeing in Ohio. And concern among Congressional Democrats, which right now is fairly muted, will become vocal.

As the months pass, President Obama’s words and demeanor, which are his most formidable weapons, will be viewed as increasingly hollow and peripheral as the public judges him by the results of his actions.

This day was bound to come; it’s just coming a lot earlier than many people imagined.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

Pine Mt Beagles

Re: Storm Clouds for Obama

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

POLL'S---------- :lol:
I THINK OBAMA GET'S MORE DONE AND IS THE MOST HARD WORKING PRESIDENT IN HISTORY,,,IN JUST -6-SHORT MONTHS ,HE HAS SHUT DOWN THE BANKS ,BANKRUPT THE AUTO INDUSTRY,DESTROYED THE ECONOMY,GREW THE GOVERNMENT,SHIPPED ALL THE JOBS OVER SEA'S RAISED THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATES,BROKE MOST OF UNIONS THAT WERE LEFT AFTER REGAN, GOT THROUH WITH THEM,TOOK ALL OF THE GUN'S, HAS GOVERNMENT PAYING FOR ABORTION,GAVE GAY PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO GET MARRIED,,,,,,,,,,,SINCE NONE OF THIS WAS AROUND BEFORE HIM HE MUST BE GOOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT'S NEXT WORLD PEACE,,,,,,,,,,

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

You know Rufus, before the election and shortly after it you were vocal in touting the amount of spending that the Bush administration had engaged in, and perhaps rightly so since I also had a HUGE problem with the rate government was growing...BUT since your guy Obambi got in and SPENT MORE THAN EVERY PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION COMBINED, FROM WASHINGTON TO BUSH, its alright huh....its OK if a liberal spends and grows government...you obviously have no problem with that...

HYPOCRISY at its ugliest.

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

BIG difference between working hard than working smart, no need to comment on the rest of that mumbo jumbo, Its against the law to make whiskey in a car radiator.

Pine Mt Beagles

by bluegrass on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:37 am

You know Rufus, before the election and shortly after it you were vocal in touting the amount of spending that the Bush administration had engaged in, and perhaps rightly so since I also had a HUGE problem with the rate government was growing...BUT since your guy Obambi got in and SPENT MORE THAN EVERY PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION COMBINED, FROM WASHINGTON TO BUSH, its alright huh....its OK if a liberal spends and grows government...you obviously have no problem with that...

HYPOCRISY at its ugliest.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I DON'T THINK IT IS ALRIGHT FOR A DEMOCRAT OR INDEPEMDENT TO SPEND EITHER ---------BUT THE POINT ABOUT BUSH, SPENDING I TALKED ABOUT IS WHERE HE SPENT IT,,NO JOBS, NO HEALTH CARE,JUST WAR,,,,HYPOCRISY at its ugliest.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CORRECT TERM WRONG PLACE ------------

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

And this adminisration has spent in the right place, LOL.

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:by bluegrass on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:37 am

HYPOCRISY at its ugliest.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I DON'T THINK IT IS ALRIGHT FOR A DEMOCRAT OR INDEPEMDENT TO SPEND EITHER ---------BUT THE POINT ABOUT BUSH, SPENDING I TALKED ABOUT IS WHERE HE SPENT IT,,NO JOBS, NO HEALTH CARE,JUST WAR,,,,HYPOCRISY at its ugliest.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CORRECT TERM WRONG PLACE ------------
DUFUS WERE YOU EVER IN A WAR?????????? WHY SO POWTY??????? I THINK GOING AFTER BIN LADIN WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE HUNT :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: DON'T YOU???????????????? :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Pine Mt Beagles

BY 2500HD--------DUFUS WERE YOU EVER IN A WAR?????????? WHY SO POWTY??????? I THINK GOING AFTER BIN LADIN WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE HUNT DON'T YOU????????????????

I'AM GLAD YOU BROUGHT UP BUSH'S OLE BUDDY BIN LADIN,,,HE GOT BUSH TO THE POINT WHERE HE COULD STEAL, THE ELECTION FOR A SECOND,I NEVER HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY HE AND DICK NEVER WANTED TO GET BINLADIN,NOW LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE EVIDENCE, THAT BUSH, PUT HIS OWN PARAGRAPH IN THE C.I.A.INTEL.MORE THAN ONCE AND OVER STATED THE IRAQ URGENCY MANY TIMES,AND DICK NEVER TOLD THE TRUTH EVER,OF COURSE RUMMY ONLY DID WHAT HE WAS TOLD ,,LOOK'S LIKE BUSH,CHANEY AND RUMMY MIGHT BE IN A PROBLEM,BUT WE ALREADY NEW HE HAD LIED US INTO HIS WAR ,TOOK A LONG TIME TO PROVE IT,,,BETTER LATE THAN NEVER,,,,,,,,,,,

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I'd like to see that proof Pine mt. I am sure you will provide it for us. More diversion from the current administration.

Pine Mt Beagles

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WATCH YOUR FOX COMEDY SHOW EVEN THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWING IT ,BUT HEY THERE IS NOTHING NEW ABOUT THIS, I DON'T SEE WHY YOU GUY'S KEEP SAYING I TRY TO DIVERT ATTENTION IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION DON'T READ IT.I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO DIVERT ANYTHING EVER JUST STATE MY OPINION AS I SEE IT,DIVERSION IS POLITICAL TACTIC I'AM JUST A CITIZEN WHO VOTES ,I ONLY HAVE MY OPINION,I DON'T CONTROL ANYTHING,,I SEE THING'S DIFFERENT FROM MOST WHO VISIT THIS BOARD AND I KNOW I 'AM A VERY LOW MINIORITY,BUT JUST ON THIS REPUBLICAN BOARD ,

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

obama is in st. louis for the all start game today...........lol
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Look at the title to this topic, that is why you are accused of diverting the topic away from Obama. You continue without any support for your position to to try an draw the discussion to Bush and away from Obama. I know what carter did, Reagan did, what H. Bush did, what Clinton did and what W. did so lets talk about the topic.

Next I dont take whats said on TV as FACTS.

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:Look at the title to this topic, that is why you are accused of diverting the topic away from Obama. You continue without any support for your position to to try an draw the discussion to Bush and away from Obama. I know what carter did, Reagan did, what H. Bush did, what Clinton did and what W. did so lets talk about the topic.

Next I dont take whats said on TV as FACTS.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

Pine Mt Beagles

NOW LET ME GET THIS RIGHT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE, THE PRESS THAT THE REPUBLICANS HAVE OWNED, EVER SINCE REAGAN,BOUHT AND PAID FOR BY REPUBLICANS,YET YOU BELIEVE RUSH LIMBAUGH,,,WELL I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE ,,IF OBAMA WOULD JUST PUSH,, A LITTLE OR JUST ACT LIKE BUSH,(GO CRAZY ACCUSE EVRYONE,SEND SQUADS OUT TO KILL PEOPLE,) I GUESS IT'S JUST NOT IN HIS NATURE TOTRY TO FIND REASON'S TO KILL, KILL, KILL, WAR, WAR, WAR,BUSH-- DICK AND RUMMY AND CARL WOULD BE UP ON CHARGES,OF WAR CRIMES ,LIEING ABOUT AND EVEN CHANGING CIA INTEL REPORTS,,MURDERING ABOUT A MILLION IRAQ'I PEOPLE IN THEIR OWN,COUNTRY,DICK CHANEY IS STILL LIEING ABOUT HALLIBURTON,OUSTING AN ACTIVE CIA OPERATIVE BECAUSE HER HUSBAND WOULD NOT AGREE TO LIE ABOUT THE REPORT,,I'AM REALLING LOOKING FORWARD TO READING ALL THESE BOOKS,COMMING OUT,,---I GOT A LITTLE CARRED AWAY BUT IT IS SUCH A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO,,,,,,,,,,,

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Weel Dufus if what your saying has some value...... SHOW US PROOF OF YOUR opinion,,,, WAIT YOU NEVER HAVE ANYTING TO BACK UP YOUR opinion......
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: