NRA backs Ohio Gov. Strickland

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TOUCHSTONE

NRA backs Ohio Gov. Strickland

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

It is a tight race for Gov. in Ohio. Will Gov. Strickland's NRA backing and his history for supporting Ohio sportsmen have an impact on the election?
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

RABBITHUNTER22

Re: NRA backs Ohio Gov. Strickland

Post by RABBITHUNTER22 »

It might help but I don't think very many state workers will vote for him after the last
couple contracts they were given
LPRCH LPBCH Brown's Ice Cold Butcher
LPRCH Timber Ridge Boomer

Brown's Beagles

TOUCHSTONE

Re: NRA backs Ohio Gov. Strickland

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

State workers have definetely taken a hit. So many unemployed gives the state less $$ to pay employees. Those who still have a job are fortunate. All part of cutting the cost of government. Kasich claims he will do even better at cutting the cost of government. What will that do to State workers?

I have voted republican far more than Democrat. I support Gov. Strickland over Kasich for numerous reasons.

Kasich calls for more responsability for the right to own firearms. I believe it is a constitutional right. To ban guns from all Ohio residents who have ever had a drug or alcohol charge (DUI) frightens me even though I have no such charge. Not that I condone any of the above. Sounds like one more way to take guns from Americans.

Gov. Srickland is working hard to bring new business to Ohio. Several contracts for new Green technology are in the works. Means employment for many Ohioans. Kasich will likely not support those venues for new business. Gov Strickland received the Governor's cup 6 times. Impressive!

Kasich voted for NAFTA which lost many jobs. Strickland was against NAFTA.

Kasich has said things in the debates that simply do not add up to his voting record. His website simply offers no resources to documint the things he is saying to get elected. Strictland's website offers his stand and states specific resources to document and verify his stand on issues that will definetely effect us.
Honesty must count. The wall street executive believes he can misconstrue the truth and play on the difficult times we are experiencing to get elected. Fact is Ohio is much better off than most states. Most of the people I know are allready back working with new business coming in to Ohio. The fact checkers can easily show who is being truthful and who has the documentation to prove it.

I will be voting away from my Republican party in order to do what is best for the State and especially for Ohio sportsmen and women. Hope you join me!
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!