Ahh, the French

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Emery

Ahh, the French

Post by Emery »

An elderly American gentleman arrived in Paris by plane. At French customs he fumbled for his passport. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.

The old gent admitted that he had been to France before.

"Then, you should know enough to have your passport ready for inspection," snapped the irate official.

The American said, "The last time I came to France, I didn't have to show my passport."

"Impossible, old man. You Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The old American gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then, with the feel of acid on his words, calmly said, "I assure you, young man, that when I came ashore on Juno Beach in Normandy on D-Day in 1944, there wasn't a Frenchman anywhere on that beach."

The customs officer was silent.
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32