G.O.P. RELEGIOUS HIPPOCRACY

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

G.O.P. RELEGIOUS HIPPOCRACY

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Republicans are anti-religion, according to their own logic

Why do Republicans hate the Pope and Catholics?
Latest GOP stupidity:
The campaign committee for Senate Republicans on Wednesday denounced President Obama's policies as “anti-religion” following a decision to relocate the U.S. Embassy to the Vatican [...]
Conservative critics, however, see it as another attack on religion following the healthcare reform law's mandate that insurers cover birth control.

The embassy is being moved for budgetary and security reasons, inside the protected compound housing the U.S. embassy to Italy. But saving money and diplomatic security don't really mean much to Republicans, despite all the bleatings about Benghazi. And in any case, the Vatican is cool with the move.

But since Republicans now decree that any disagreement with the Vatican is "anti-religion," then I look forward to them embracing liberal economic policy:

"In this context, some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world," he said. "This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naïve trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacralized workings of the prevailing economic system. Meanwhile, the excluded are still waiting."
While, Republicans aren't about to surrender their grip on their discredited "trickle down economics" theories? Republicans refuse to follow along with the Pope's plea to focus less on hard-line social issues like opposition to abortion and gay marriage? SATANIC! And there's even more shocking religion-hate below the fold!
The Pope declares in his Evangelii Gaudium:

Just as the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say "thou shalt not" to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills. How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?

While the earnings of a minority are growing exponentially, so too is the gap separating the majority from the prosperity enjoyed by those happy few. This imbalance is the result of ideologies which defend the absolute autonomy of the marketplace and financial speculation.

The thirst for power and possessions knows no limits. In this system, which tends to devour everything which stands in the way of increased profits, whatever is fragile, like the environment, is defenseless before the interests of a deified market, which become the only rule.

Republicans must now agree with those proclamations or they hate Baby Jesus and are slapping the face of Catholics everywhere.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Pine Lakes

Re: G.O.P. RELEGIOUS HIPPOCRACY

Post by Pine Lakes »

Once again Rufus is a liar and taking a liberal talk point and trying to run the distance. Here's a more clear picture and Rufus you are a communist.

Before the release of Thursday’s interview, Bishop Thomas Tobin of Rhode Island said he was “disappointed” that Francis had not spoken much about abortion. On Friday, Tobin welcomed the pope’s comments, but said it won’t change his focus.

“I have spoken out clearly about the dignity of all human life and the nature of holy matrimony as designed by God and will continue to do so whenever the situation warrants,” Tobin said. “It is a demand of the Gospel.”

The bishop also said, however, that he appreciates the new pope’s “balanced and inclusive” approach.

Other conservative Catholics said the media and liberals had misconstrued the pope’s remarks, made in a 12,000-word interview published Thursday in 16 Jesuit journals around the world.

“The pope is a reformer, but not a revolutionary,” Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Civil and Religious Rights, told CNN’s Chris Cuomo.

“This is the problem with the left," Dohonue continued, "they are trying to take what the pope said and then run with it.”

Donohue, a caustic and sometimes controversial critic of people he perceives as anti-Catholic, said the pope’s remarks won’t silence him.

“There’s nothing the pope said that should give relief to people who say all of a sudden now that conservatives should shut up,” Donahue said. “We’re not going to shut up because we’re in consonant compliance with what the pope said. “

After all, conservatives say, it’s not like the pope changed Catholic doctrine in Thursday’s interview.

To underscore that point, the conservative blog Rorate Caeli posted a lengthy quote from the pope’s meeting with Catholic gynecologists on Friday in which he strongly denounced abortion.

“Each child who is unborn, but is unjustly condemned to be aborted, bears the face of Jesus Christ, bears the face of the Lord,” the pope said, according to Rorate Caeli’s translation. “They cannot be discarded, as the `culture of waste’ proposes.”

Father John Zuhlsdorf, a conservative Catholic blogger, said the pope urged Catholics to find a “new balance” between their moral and political missions. He didn’t say they should surrender the culture wars.

“I think that Francis thinks that constant correction and condemnation does more harm than good,” Zuhlsdorf wrote on his blog.

“Francis said `all the time," Zuhlsdorf said."He did not say `we should not talk about these things.’"

Pine Mt Beagles

Mr Chip
Being the bigot ,atheist, you are ,your feeble attempt at showing any knowledge about Religion,or,Compassion,for your fellow man ,,is only interesting to ,your like minded TEA PARTY TERRORIST,,Who only use their fake concerns about Abortion as a Political talking point,Much like pretending to have some interest in the bible or any kind of Relegion.

Because,,when you support starving Children,and ,Women,taking food and clothing from Homeless Veterans,killing Bills that would help Veterans get jobs.

Spending Billions to keep Women from getting health care,that would prevent unwanted Pregnancies - That would lower the Abortion Rate drastically.

When you support taking Food from the homeless by,killing funding for soup kitchens ,

When you support defunding Head start program's for poor children ,,,,,Then comment on how Dumb,,People are who work at McDonald's are,,,Like ,Bluemouse,

When you do all this,,it proves you have nothing but,contempt ,For Religion,,And The Bible,absolutely no compassion for your fellow man,, ,,And with out Compassion,,You simply cannot Know God,,,,,Who said ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL..

It's not Just you,, But all the TEA PARTY TERRORIST HERE,

WHO PRETEND TO BE AGAINST ABORTION ,, BUT,,ACTUALLY DEMAND IT,,WHO PRETEND TO SUPPORT RELIGION BUT ,,SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO SET ASIDE ALL IT'S TEACHINGS.

So call me a liar ,or what ever you want ,

I believe in the Bible, all of it not just the parts ,that people use for political gain ,or ,to prove other people are evil while they are committing horrible acts against their ,,Family,,Friends and Neighbors.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

This coming from an individual that for decades has taken tax payer funds that could have went to the very people he just ranted about while hunting, fishing and so his merry way, LMAO!!! Talk about a hippocrit, look in the mirror.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:Mr Chip
Being the bigot ,atheist, you are ,your feeble attempt at showing any knowledge about Religion,or,Compassion,for your fellow man ,,is only interesting to ,your like minded TEA PARTY TERRORIST,,Who only use their fake concerns about Abortion as a Political talking point,Much like pretending to have some interest in the bible or any kind of Relegion.

You cannot twist this onto me. You are the one that consistantly uses it as a political talking point. You or anyone else can get an abortion if you choose, but the public should not have to fund it.

Because,,when you support starving Children,and ,Women,taking food and clothing from Homeless Veterans,killing Bills that would help Veterans get jobs.

You're an idiot for even attempting to suggest such nonsense. You have done more to steal from the needy than anyone I know.

Spending Billions to keep Women from getting health care,that would prevent unwanted Pregnancies - That would lower the Abortion Rate drastically.

More proof that you're a communist

When you support taking Food from the homeless by,killing funding for soup kitchens ,

You're not capable of stating anything that makes sense. A true lunatic phanatic.

When you support defunding Head start program's for poor children ,,,,,Then comment on how Dumb,,People are who work at McDonald's are,,,Like ,Bluemouse,

What do you know about Headstart from Pineville freakin Kentucky? My sister-in-law was a headstart teacher and she could explain it's poorly run, inefficient, tax payer robbing ways better than me.

When you do all this,,it proves you have nothing but,contempt ,For Religion,,And The Bible,absolutely no compassion for your fellow man,, ,,And with out Compassion,,You simply cannot Know God,,,,,Who said ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL..

It's not Just you,, But all the TEA PARTY TERRORIST HERE,

WHO PRETEND TO BE AGAINST ABORTION ,, BUT,,ACTUALLY DEMAND IT,,WHO PRETEND TO SUPPORT RELIGION BUT ,,SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO SET ASIDE ALL IT'S TEACHINGS.

So call me a liar ,or what ever you want ,

I believe in the Bible, all of it not just the parts ,that people use for political gain ,or ,to prove other people are evil while they are committing horrible acts against their ,,Family,,Friends and Neighbors.
Another inaccurate, nonfactual, lunitic rant from the communist Rufus, and yes you are a liar.

Pine Mt Beagles

So basically you could not find anything inaccurate in my post so you just resorted to name calling..

Are you denying that.

Republicans just took billions of dollars worth of food from women and children..IT'S A FACT

are you denying that Republicans,also ,

Have fought to take health care from women,,ITS A FACT.

ARE YOU DENYING, THAT ABORTION WILL GO UP ,WHEN REPUBLICANS ,,TAKE BIRTH CONTROL ,,FROM WOMEN,,IN POINT OF FACT REPUBLICANS ARE FORCING ABORTION BY DENYING BIRTH CONTROL.,,,,,,EMPLOYER FUNDED HEALTH CARE,,,,,IS,, ,,NOT,,,, PUBLIC ,,,, FUNDED ,,,,,ABORTION,,,,,,,MANY EMPLOYERS PROVIDE THEIR EMPLOYEES HEALTH CARE IT'S PART OF THEIR SALARY OR PAY PACKAGE,,,,FOR EMPLOYEES TO TRY TO CUT BIRTH CONTROL OUT SHOULD BE A CONCERN FOR EVERY ONE,,WHAT WILL THEY TAKE OUT NEXT.

YOU SAY I AM A COMMUNIST BECAUSE THAT I SAID YOU REPUBLICANS ARE SPENDING BILLIONS TO KEEP WOMEN FROM GETTING BIRTH CONTROL,,,WELL THAT IS A FACT,,,,SO SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT.

SO YOU ARE SAYING REPUBLICANS ARE NOT TAKING FUNDING FROM SOUP KITCHEN AND OTHER SOURCES OF FOOD FOR THE POOF,,,,,,WELL YOU ARE JUST OT FACING FACTS.

AND CUTTING EDUCATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN A REPUBLICAN PRIORITY.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

PMB your ignorance is limitless. Do you know how many trillions of dollars the tax payers have poured into the poor communities, into the poor households, into the government managing these programs and yet the problem is larger and even more costly today than ever before. I shouldn't have to explain in detail the real problem, the root causes of these problems because if you choose to ignore what's right in front of you or deny the obvious your ignorance to reality is beyond explanation. In other words you can't fix blind stupidity.

Newt

Post by Newt »

"AND CUTTING EDUCATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN A REPUBLICAN PRIORITY." Cutting money, hiring poor teachers?
PM what does that statement mean?

I'm sure that you are aware that Obama said that his was going to be the education administration. After five years, have you noticed where the US stands vs the world in education.

October 8, 2013
By
Megan Rogers

Eight years ago, a national survey on adult literacy offered data on the extent to which Americans -- even those with college credentials -- were declining in their proficiency to do the basic kinds of reading people use in everyday life. The finding, published just as President Bush and his education secretary, Margaret Spellings, were cranking up a national commission on the state of higher education, was often cited as evidence of the failings of colleges and universities.

A study released today could have a similar effect, because it not only questions Americans' literacy, but also taps into concerns in some quarters about the country's declining standing in the world.

The Survey of Adult Skills by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development shows that despite having higher than average levels of educational attainment, adults in the United States have below-average basic literacy and numeracy skills.

The U.S. ranked 16th out of 23 countries in literacy proficiency, 21st in numeracy proficiency, and 14th in problem solving in technology-rich environments, according to the OECD survey.

Read more: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013 ... z2mqo0ODtA
Inside Higher Ed

US teens lag in global education rankings
Students in the United States made scant headway on recent global achievement exams and slipped deeper in the international rankings amid fast-growing competition abroad, according to test results released Tuesday.

American teens scored below the international average in math and roughly average in science and reading, compared against dozens of other countries that participated in the 2012 Program for International Student Assessment (PISA), which was administered last fall."

Why would you think that a President who doesn't know the correct number of states in the union could promote education.
He doesn't know that South Carolina does not border the Gulf of Mexico.

If a populace is so stupid that they would elect a lying buffoon, then praise him, we didn't need global testing to know that we are lagging behind in intellect. Those Asian countries that are testing highest, still have discipline in schools. They are concerned about students achievement rather than worry about a cookie that looks like a handgun, or a kid pretending to shoot a bow and arrow. In China they cane a drug addict, here we elect them President. Neither Clinton nor Obama will make their medical records available to the public.

Emma's Beagles

Post by Emma's Beagles »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:This coming from an individual that for decades has taken tax payer funds that could have went to the very people he just ranted about while hunting, fishing and so his merry way, LMAO!!! Talk about a hippocrit, look in the mirror.

Pmb worked and retired correct? How is that taking from someone starving? Would you like to donate your retirement?

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Liberals sticking together! Collecting disability although able to hunt and do whatever he wants is taking from the truly needy! Disability isn't retirement when it's not legit!

Newt

Post by Newt »

Emma's Beagles wrote: Pmb worked and retired correct? How is that taking from someone starving? Would you like to donate your retirement?

Its a strange world. I've got a brother in law that is six months older than I. Until last year, he could out work me anytime. He has been drawing disability for twenty years. He is a carpenter, mechanic, and welder, and does any of those trades when he wants.
His dad, my father in law, was injured in WW II, but refused to take a pension. Shortly before he died in 2007 he was told that if he would fill out the paperwork, he could get back pay, back to the time he had surgery that removed part of one lung in 1959. He refused.

Emma's Beagles

Post by Emma's Beagles »

So if I work for 30 years pay it all in get hurt or retire and I take back what I payed in I am taking from the starving? Come on man. If I can't retire off what I payed in then what am I suppose to do? You think anybody here believes that bs you are saying.

Emma's Beagles

Post by Emma's Beagles »

Chuck Prather wrote:Liberals sticking together! Collecting disability although able to hunt and do whatever he wants is taking from the truly needy! Disability isn't retirement when it's not legit!

Mr Prather have u ever crawled a mile back under a Mtn, for 12 hours on your knees in about 42 inches of coal, just so u and others can turn a switch on and have electricity? If you haven't then you have no clue what 20 years in the mines will do to you. I'd love to jerk your ass back in a blue gem mines for 12 hours a day and see then if disability is retirement or not. You are ignorant.

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Losers! Emma you are ignorant. Well just plain stupid! Emma do you actually read the garbage PMB posts?

Newt

Post by Newt »

Emma, its a free country. If a person chooses to work in the mines, they must think the reward is worth the risk. PM said he was in the Marines. If so, he had the GI Bill to help him get an education and get out of the mines. Maybe he thought his union would protect him for injury???
He is a Troll and S**T stirrer IMO. If he truly is handicapped, he probably uses this board to entertain himself. If that is not his game then he truly must be sick.