Liberals desire total freedom....from responsibility.

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Liberals desire total freedom....from responsibility.

Post by Newt »

How is it even possible for these Democrats to say this with a straight face? Has the American spirit of achievement disappeared completely?

Job Lock

quote:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says the CBO report vindicates Obamacare, because "this was one of the goals. To give people life, a healthy life, liberty to pursue their happiness. And that liberty is to not be job-locked, but to follow their passion." Pelosi is particularly invested in this view. She's been mocked for years now for her repeated claims that Obamacare is an entrepreneurial bill because it would let Americans quit their jobs to, among other things, "write poetry."

I know I'm not alone in thinking that it was totally worth seizing a seventh of the U.S. economy, polarizing Washington, throwing millions of Americans' lives into turmoil and forcing millions of others to pay more in premiums and deductibles, while spending $1.2 trillion just so we could liberate the Job-Locked Poets! (Whoever seizes that as the name of your new band: You're welcome.)

Now everyone is taking a bow for freeing Americans from the shackles of employment. "People shouldn't have job-lock," Harry Reid declared this week. "We live in a country where there should be free agency. People can do what they want."

And the sad part is, an ever growing sector of the population will ignorantly celebrate this as a good thing. I think we're doomed man. The downward spiral just grabbed another gear.

the problem with their argument is that "job lock" is a function of government policies. if "job lock" is an issue, then they should have addressed the policies that lead to "job lock" and not create more government to create more perverse incentives..... more government trying to fix the failures of government.

Yep.
The concern used to be for folks trapped in poverty.
Now it's for the unfortunate Americans trapped in jobs.

I guess we should quit work and do like PM. He doesn't spend his days writing poetry, he just copies and pastes Pelosi, Reid, and Obama propaganda.

Her personal stance of being a Catholic and supporting abortion "rights" will earn her status besides Hitler and a few other notables. The judgement of sheep and goats is going to be an eye opener when it happens.

TC

Re: Liberals desire total freedom....from responsibility.

Post by TC »

Finally Nancy and Harry have found how to not work for a living and can get out of their "Job Lock" situation
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Pine Lakes

Re: Liberals desire total freedom....from responsibility.

Post by Pine Lakes »

You mean up until recently I haven't had the freedom to quit my job if I so desire? Thanks President Obama and the rest of the communist gang.