Rand Paul is the Man

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Rand Paul is the Man

Post by Newt »

This is how Republicans should always answer gotcha questions

quote:
MILFORD, N.H.—On his first full day as a presidential candidate, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul sat for an interview that Democrats thought they can use against him. Associated Press reporter Philip Elliott prodded Paul on abortion, and whether a candidate who once sponsored a personhood amendment would allow some exemptions.

“The thing is about abortion—and about a lot of things—is that I think people get tied up in all these details of, sort of, you’re this or this or that, or you’re hard and fast (on) one thing or the other,” Paul told Elliott. “I’ve supported both bills with and without (exceptions), you know. In general, I am pro-life. So I will support legislation that advances and shows that life is special and deserves protection.”

The Democratic National Committee pushed that interview out to reporters, with no commentary, at 1 p.m. Minutes later, Paul happened to be taking questions after his speech to hundreds of people in Milford’s town hall.

quote:
“Here’s the deal—we always seen to have the debate waaaaay over here on what are the exact details of exemptions, or when it starts,” said Paul, waving his hands to the left. “Why don’t we ask the DNC: Is it okay to kill a seven-pound baby in the uterus? You go back and you ask Debbie Wasserman Schultz if she’s OK with killing a seven-pound baby that is not born yet. Ask her when life begins, and you ask Debbie when it’s okay to protect life. When you get an answer from Debbie, get back to me.”

Debbie Replies:

"Here’s an answer," said Schultz. "I support letting women and their doctors make this decision without government getting involved. Period. End of story. Now your turn, Senator Paul. We know you want to allow government officials like yourself to make this decision for women — but do you stand by your opposition to any exceptions, even when it comes to rape, incest, or life of the mother? Or do we just have different definitions of ‘personal liberty’? And I’d appreciate it if you could respond without ’shushing’ me."

n other words, she and the democrats are perfectly fine with killing a 7 lb baby as long as the mother and Dr agree on it.

NCSportsman

Re: Rand Paul is the Man

Post by NCSportsman »

Rand is a breath of fresh air IMO.

Democrats will fight to keep murderers from being executed, but kill hundreds of thousands of unborn children without blinking an eye...

bluemouse

Re: Rand Paul is the Man

Post by bluemouse »

Debbie would also tell you while your getting that abortion its ok for your husband to have a affair with another man while smoking dope in the welfare line after you picked up your food stamps chanting hope and change.