News that you will only get Here

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

News that you will only get Here

Post by Newt »

Former Gov of Mass. Deval Patrick Under Investigation for Embezzlement of 27 Mil

quote:
Former Gov. Deval Patrick’s administration secretly diverted nearly $27 million in public money to off-budget accounts that paid for a $1.35 million trade junket tab, bloated advertising contracts, and a deal with a federally subsidized tourism venture backed by U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, a Herald investigation has found.

The maneuver to fatten the hidden “trust” ??accounts with millions from state quasi-public agencies allowed Patrick to skirt the state Legislature and evade state budget cutbacks during the recession, the Herald found.

PDF: Tracking ex-gov.'s money stash

State lawmakers never approved the funding plan, and it’s not clear who even knew about it, but it is clear who orchestrated the end-around the budget and got state agencies to contribute.

“The (Patrick) administration asked us to,” said Katie Hauser, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, which kicked in the largest amount to the trusts, $23.5 million.

One of the trusts was run by a close Patrick loyalist, Betsy Wall, a former top campaign aide later appointed as the $134,000 head of travel and tourism
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinio ... d_millions

I saw this article. I did a search for it and only the Boston Herald is reporting it locally. You will currently not find it in MSM news. Now, I do wonder if Deval Patrick owned a speed boat, horse or had a racist rock on his hunting camp if it would be widely reported. lol.

I also wonder if Obama will be making a statement about if Deval were his son, as they are tight as thieves.

Maybe it was a fluke that Deval got caught? I mean. Obama man is having a bad year. First his muslim brotherhood buddy Morsi gets busted and sentenced to death and now this.