Weird dream, have to share it.

Everyone can use a little humor. Good-natured jokes and stories can brighten a day and go well with that first cup of coffee. (Let's keep'em clean)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bob Graves

Weird dream, have to share it.

Post by Bob Graves »

Well folks, I'm not one to go public with the things in my life, but this just needs to be told. Last night I had a dream that I was at a trial with my most worthless beagle, and he took second place in a field of 9. That's not the weird part, that's just wishful thinking :D . The weird part was the type of trial, it was nothing like you have ever thought of I'm sure. The best I can describe it is like this. It was a trial for "INNER CITY BEAGLES" :shock: . The trial took place indoors, some sort of huge garage I think, because the rabbit was running from car to car, behind dumpsters, around garbage cans, under trucks and stuff like that. I don't recall it lasting long, but I remember getting second place with my house hound. :???:

I've gotta stop eating right before bed! ;)

swing

Post by swing »

And they try to tell me I aint right!!!!!!!
Trent

Emery

Post by Emery »

I would think that they would call those trials URBAN Trials instead of Field Trials. :lol: I probably would have woken up in sweats and had to taken a shower...

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

harvhounds

Post by harvhounds »

Hey Bob
Where did they pick up the checks?Around the cars ?would going in a trash can be considered holing up?Thank goodness I usually dream about women!
Sean :lol:

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

I don't know guys, it's probably my subconcience (sp?) telling me I need to move out of the city, Lord know's I'm trying. Sean, what do you mean "USUALLY" dream about woman? :twisted:

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Bob,
That is CREEPY!!!! :shock: What were you running.....junk yard dogs? :lol: If you need to escape the city that bad we'll hook up some time and do some rabbit chasing. I'm not that far from you. But if you keep talking like Steven King I may have to withdraw the offer! ;)
Peace (of mind)
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

Thanks for the offer Hillbilly, and don't worry, if it happens again I'm signing myself in to be evaluated! :dopey: I don't know though, the last time I ran out your way, some loser ended up with my dog. He took his collar with my name and phone number off the dog, and tossed him outside. He also took his tracking collar off and threw it in the garbage! I tracked the collar to his house, and found my dog running around his trailer with no collars on. It took all I had to keep from letting the hammer down on that SOB. I wish I could say that incident was a dream, but it was reality.

New York Hillbilly

Bob,
Offer still stands! Sorry about the stolen hound, I'll talk to my brother!!! :shock: :lol: Seriously if you can remember where the trailer is located maybe I can figure a way to recapture your hound. I knew 15 years ago when I moved out this way the people could be tough. But at the time I thought the only thing that would need to worry out here was the sheep. Ask me if I think that way now and the answer is "NAAAAAAHHHHH" or should I say "BAAAAAHHHHH" ! ;)
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

Well Hillbilly, don't worry, I got my hound back... :D Come to think of it, it was the same worthless hound that took second place in the dream/nightmare that I had. :roll: Boy, does your brother have lousy taste in stolen hounds, ;) but looking at his yard, he had enough cars and junk piles to start one of those inner city trials right there. :shock: He could have held one in his trailer if he wanted to!

New York Hillbilly

Bob,
Speaking of trailers! When I first moved down here I used to travel all over the place checking out all the new rabbit spots. I was like a kid in the candy shop. One Saturday morning I grabbed the two hounds I had at the time and headed out before the sun was hardly even up. The first place I wanted to try was this old trailer I had seen up on the Skyline Drive. This place was buried in heaps of junk, black berry bushes and straw bales so old and wet that mushrooms or some kind of fungi were growing on them. This place was on a lot about 2 or 3 acres and looked like rabbit heaven! :D It was also about the right size for the hounds I had at the time who were mediocre at best and down right useless at worst. I figured even they could pull this one off. :roll: As I unloaded the hounds I planned our attack. We would circle around back and I would start by kicking on the back of the trailer and then jump up and down on the numerous junk piles. For sure I could bust loose a bunny from this mess! I never did get to the junk piles though. As we got around the back of the place and I commenced to kick that old trailer all hell broke loose! After about the first 3 or 4 kicks to the back side of that trailer I heard the old tin front door slam open and a bunch of little kids came running out into the yard/tangle screaming. They ran around to the back of the place and yelled at me "hey mister what the heck you doing" and "we're gonna go wake up our mother", and "she's gonna call the cops"! :shock: Let me tell you I was never so happy to have such a pair of fat, slow hounds in my life. As those kids scooted back into the rubble pile to wake up mommy me and the slow dogs made a break for the truck. The hounds never even made it to the box. They were riding first class front seat. For the sake of a quick get away they were riding shot gun so to speak in case mom had a shot gun of her own. :shock: I never looked back as we drove off and it was along time before I drove down Skyline Drive again. Matter of fact I never did till I sold that truck! :lol: I learned my lesson that day and so long as I live and run hounds I will never kick no more trailers. No matter how many rabbits it looks like it might hold!! :lol: :lol: NYH