Them thar Norveegans

Everyone can use a little humor. Good-natured jokes and stories can brighten a day and go well with that first cup of coffee. (Let's keep'em clean)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Emery

Them thar Norveegans

Post by Emery »

Ole, Sven and Lars had been going down to the Sons of Norway meetin hall for as long as there had been a place to meet. Every month there was a drawing. And every month, wouldn't ya know it, they never did win anything in the prize drawing, that is until last week when all three won in the same night.
Sven was the first to get his name drawn. He won two quarts of spaghetti sauce, 4 boxes of egg noodles and three pounds of Norweegan meatballs.
Ole had his name drawn next. He got himself two round-trip tickets to Duluth, a night's stay at Motel 6 and a pair of tickets to see the Inger Triplets Polka Ensemble. Ole thought he had died and gone to heaven.
Lars' name was the last to be drawn. He won a red handled toilet brush.
Well, at the next monthly meeting they sat down together to check out how their prizes had worked out for them.

Sven said "Uff-da I had dat pasghetti for tree days. It was so good. Helga didn't even have to buy no food for dem dare tree days."

Ole said "Lena was so happy vhen I brought home dem tickets. The trip up to Duluth vas nice, ve got to ride da Greyhound bus and ya know what, dey got a built-in outhouse on dat dere bus. And dose Inger Triplets - if I didn't know better, I vud swear day vas sisters."

Then Ole turned to Lars and asked him how his prize worked out. Old Lars, he looked back at them both and said "Vel, dat dere toilet brush, it's real nice don't ya know, but I tink I'll go back to using paper."
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32