Hare Hunt

Canadian beagling activites, Canadian Beagle on Fox Trial Association, LP on Hare, and other news.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hare Hunt

Post by Guest »

Hi fellow Canadian Beaglers. I would like to take a good Hare hunting trip in Canada I live in the eastern part of USA,where would be the closest good Hare hunting to me? I live in West Virginia. Thanks Tom Gunter

coyote hunter

Post by coyote hunter »

Hi Guest ,I live in northern Alberta it is a ways from you I am sure but hare hunting is as good as it gets here your more then welcome.Take care.

Thunder

Hare hunt

Post by Thunder »

I had a buddy from Maine down for a run before Christmas we bagged a few hare a had a good time. I also went up to Maine for a run and plan on going up in the new year for a run.

Thunder :gunguy:
Keep them running

Steve Corey

Post by Steve Corey »

Gee Thunder; I thought I was your buddy from Maine!!!

Thunder

Hare Hunt

Post by Thunder »

Steve, I got a couple buddies :lol: , but now that you mention it I think I would like to try to make a trip your way. I would like try out the snow nose on some of this blue stuff. I have had a pretty good season so far, I gunned over my young bluetick female for the first time and she didn`t mind it at all she is very aggresive on the hare. My big male has been hammering all season and my little bitch Maggie does not miss a beat. I think I may head up to see Bruce towards the end of Jan. maybe we could plan something.

keep them running
Thunder :whip:
http://www.rockyridgebeagles.com

Steve Corey

Post by Steve Corey »

Thunder, by all means look me up. We hadn't had much snow but now have some good cover and lots of hare. Been working with some young hounds but need a few of the veterans to keep the youngsters on scent. Rabbits seem to be running like it was March- long chases and they don't want to circle. Maybe your 15" hounds could put a little more heat on them than my little 13's! We've got some great places to hunt and I've got a lot of vacation time saved up for hunting this winter. Give me a call.

Thunderbelly

Post by Thunderbelly »

Any of this Hare hunting happening in Ontario??