New Blood

Canadian beagling activites, Canadian Beagle on Fox Trial Association, LP on Hare, and other news.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Dog

New Blood

Post by Big Dog »

I am looking for some new blood for my kennel. I am looking for a pup with the potential to be high end of medium fast to fast in speed, it must come out of a sire and a dam that can just drive a track. Parents should both have good hunt and not be over 15 inches. Let me know if anyone has any hot crosses coming. Dog will be trialed in AKC Midwest SPO, UKC and ARHA and will have plenty of hours in the field put on it.

big dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

Thunder

New blood

Post by Thunder »

I know of a Top dog X Branko cross the will be made in the near future.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

Big dog,Take a look into a dog called IFC Harecharmers Ringo.I have heard alot of good things about this dog.Plus its a little different breading than were used to.I know he must be something pretty nice because Branko has him at his kennel breeding females to him.Im just waiting to see him bread to something other than Branko stuff before I get A pup.

Big Dog

new blood

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks Lamar, I am looking for something new and non Branko, don't have anything against Branko, just trying to see what else is out there that isn't common in the states yet.

Big Dog

steve

new blood

Post by steve »

Want some new blood,I got new blood.I have 1m born oct 17 getting ready to start.This is my own line that I've been breeding here.This is a 5th gen pup,I'm keeping 1m 1f from this cross.These dogs are only UKC and I do not trial my dogs,but I do hunt and test my dogs myself.This weekend it will be maybe -10 for highs and I will be out seeing what these dogs can do.These dogs are on the faster side as I hunt mostly hare.If you are interested I can email a pic of pup/parents.Or I can give referances with phone #'s.Steve

Big Dog

new blood

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks for the reply Steve, I run some UKC and all of my dogs are AKC, UKC and NKC registered. I don't want to limit myself as to what format I can run my dog in, so any new blood that I bring in must be at a minimum CKC or AKC registered. Thanks again for responding though.

Big Dog

VABEAGLER

Post by VABEAGLER »

Steve,

I'm always interested in dogs that can run snow. We hunt hare also but i doubt we have near the pupluation you do. Do your dogs cold trail on the tough days like us hare hunters want.

Please send me the information

finwing@msn.com

VABEAGLER

steve

Post by steve »

Vabeagler sent you an email let me know if you got it thanks Steve

steve g

new blood

Post by steve g »

hey Big Dog, i think i have some new blood for you. sire has some branko and elm's english bobby, the dam is out of ranger dan. this pup is going to be 15in, i run only 13 in. i kept the whole litter of 6 pups, and the they are 5 months old and ready to start. if you are interested you can e-mail me at stevesbeagles@hotmail.com. i live in new york. the price on the pup is 300.00 yours in sport, steve

Farwest

Post by Farwest »

Steve you can't give a hound away. LOL Send it west! :P

BossHog

Post by BossHog »

Last edited by BossHog on Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Dog

new blood

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks for the tip Boss Hogg, Right now I am really leaning toward some of the stuff that I see coming out of Canada. I have a little of this and a little of that in my kennel right now, but I want something that is not real popular or fadish here in the states that has some power. I will try to narrow down what I am looking for. A hard hunting, track pounding, not wild as a buck in the check and not ugly as sin( no short ears, crooked legs must be houndy) rabbit daaaaaawwwwg. It must be Non-Branko, nothing against Branko, I already have just a little of it in my kennel. As I said I am looking for something different that not everyone else here in the states has. It must first and foremost come out of two"proven" dogs(no brood bitches with good pedigrees that have never been ran) Both Parents should be high medium fast to fast in speed, but line controlling type hounds not dogs that are rough as a cob. I would prefer them to be black and tan, but not dead set on that(LOL). They must at least be a tri-color or something with a blanket back though. I don't normally keep any completely open marked hounds, just a personal thing.(LOL) It's a tall bill but someone somewhere in canada has got some pups coming out of something close to what I am looking for. Looking for a dog 8 months or less. No cold trailing, but plenty of nose.

Big Dog

BossHog

Post by BossHog »

OK..BigDog..Joe Parrino of Ny or Steve Corey of Maine..both have knowledge of the Candian hounds and bloodlines and both as honest as can be..my opinion..Steve Corey may have a little more knowledge of the Far North hounds sinse he use to trial an extra lot in large pack..but i would give each guy a jingle and pick their brains and i bet you would find the type hound you would enjoy running..i have some pups from Joe at present and have had some from Steve and hope to have more in the futrure...and than i think Farwest is a Canadian and may have some suggestions.......worth the effort..my opinion..

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

What was boss hogs first reply?

Chris Spall

new blood

Post by Chris Spall »

you need to get ahold of terry perry in canada or Nathan Sullivan in Nova Scotia
Once upon a time, a man asked a girl " Will you marry me?" The girl said " NO." and the guy lived happily ever after and ran his dogs as much as he wanted to.