New Blood

Canadian beagling activites, Canadian Beagle on Fox Trial Association, LP on Hare, and other news.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Steve C.

Post by Steve C. »

Chris, those two beaglers could sure help a fellow out but unfortunately Terry passed away in 2000 and Nathan may be out of beagling now. I used to talk to him often but can no longer reach him. I have an outstanding male here that is 11 years old and producing that you could breed to at no charge. He's a combination of Otterbrook Top Dog x Round Pond Mr T but the pedigree includes some other great hounds as well. Wish he would get used more while he's still able but he's been forgotten over the years despite his 16 wins in Canadian Large Pack trials. He's now just a shadow of what he was a few years ago, but he was a dominating hound in his day, finishing in both the 13" and 15" classes as he measures right at 13". He's sired some great hounds such as FTC Cowbay Striker and another of his offspring won the 15" bitch class at the CKC Nationals this year.

BossHog

Post by BossHog »

Steve,This male stud you have,is he the best in your kennel?and what bitch do you consider the best in your kennel?and do you plan a present or future beeding of the two?or do you have pups on the ground out of these two?Sorry for so many questions.Thank You

Steve C.

Post by Steve C. »

Boss, Mac is the best stud I have by far. He is fading fast in his ability in the woods but is still producing litters. He no longer impresses people to see him run due to arthritis in the hips and back but he still brings game to the gun. Few dogs could keep up with him in his prime but he had the nose to support his speed. He uses his mouth perfectly in my opinion and had endless bottom. His downside was he would never quit even after a couple of days of running and was the devil to catch. More desire than most people are used to seeing. What has impressed me the most was his ability to drive a hare on bad conditions in snow and extreme cold. He had 16 CKC wins by the end of his trial career. My best bitch is Stella, off a Round Pond Mr T bitch by IFC Melanson Ranger Dan. She is a true pleasure to run. Jump dog supreme and almost never loses a hare under any conditions. Her downside is she's tiny- just 11 1/2". Enough heart to make up for it but a disadvantage just the same. A special little dog that is as close to automatic as they come. Unfortunately there's a big drop-off in talent between these two and the rest of my biscuit-eaters! I have a pup from these two that's now about 9 months old but too soon to make any judgements on her. I plan to make this cross again and have two spoken for at this time. I don't attend many trials anymore so finishing a dog in the trials is not likely for me but these dogs get tested in the real world and I'm very critical of my hounds.

Big Dog

new blood

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks guys, I think I got what I was looking for, I will let you know in about a year.(LOL) I booked a pup out of the Harecharmer Ringo dog.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

what female kim?might want one myself.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

big dog,,,,,,i have a super tough female , she is a grandaughter of fc smokes creek syris mcgee and mikermas super dog,,,im gonna breed her this fall possibly maybe spring to my male that is out of fc stines time chase and a female out of fc larsens jackson,,,,,,now these pups will have fc great grand dads.......they will be, fc smokes creek syris mcgee, fc larsens jackson, fc mikermas superdog, fc ranger dan,,,,,now i know you probably will have a pup by then but if your interested in a cross of this i will give you one to put one out there,,,,,,,,,,lonewolf,,,,,,,
you can take a kid out of the country, but you cant take the country out of a kid

Big Dog

new blood

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks for the offer lonewolf. I have a bitch directly out of Syris McGee, I was looking for something that is new or not popular in the U.S.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

Pine Mt Beagles

NEW BLOOD

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

:shock:

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Big Dog, HareCharmer Ringo is not a Branko dog, although Branko did breed to him. He goes back to IFC Ables East Coast Trimmer. I didn't see the run, but Judges I highly respect Judged him here in Michigan when he won. They said it was a one dog race, the rest of the pack couldn't even stay with him, and he did it with speed, line control and close check work, all at I believe 6 or 7 years old. I think alot of people are missing the boat on this little dog. For the little he's been bred he's producing.