Darryl Martins Beagles

Canadian beagling activites, Canadian Beagle on Fox Trial Association, LP on Hare, and other news.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dan Kane

Darryl Martins Beagles

Post by Dan Kane »

Wait until you see these dogs Alabama John....these are used to both hunt hare and run in Beagle on Fox Trials in Canada.....hope you can get up our way some day and enjoy our chases.
Dan Kane

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Dan, here are some pics of Darryl's dogs that were forwarded to me. They certainly are fine-looking and I will see you all up there for your Dec 3 and 4, 2005 trial on Fox. Can't wait!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Dan
Good looking dogs. What kind of rabbits are those?
I especially like the open marked one in the third picture and in the middle in the other picture. Straight legged as a goat. Chest and back built to run. They all are good looking, racy looking. Bet they would do good on a big 'ol Canecutter.
Thanks for the post.

Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Those are Snowshoe Hare from the UP The breeding of the hound you mentioned is Moneysunk Mountain Man X Haunted Hill Squealer And the smaller hound is Moneysunk Mountain man X Dog barkin Babe came from awful bawlin Kennels . Very Similar to the pups Monkman sent you . Yours should grow a little taller though. Some nice looking pups you got . Hope you post and tell us how they make out .
Thanks for the comments
Darryl Martin

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Darryl
Who got the pups?

Dan Kane

Post by Dan Kane »

Hello John,
Darryl has those dogs in great shape. Something tells me theyare going to be something to reckon with at our Dec 3rd/4th/05 Beagle Fox trial.
I like the look of the 3rd pictured dog best but they all are lookers. I don't know the Larson bred dog but it is for sure Mountain Man puts scoot in his get.
Dog Barkin Babe, the dam of one of those Mountain Man dogs is a litter sister to Dog Barkin Bidi, the dam of my GBFC Happyrun Calico Clem, BFC Happyrun Duggie and BFW Happpyrun Foxylady.
I am certainly glad to see young guys like Darryl stepping up in the sport.Old guys like me sure need the young guns to keep this part of Beagling on the go.
Dan Kane

Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Sorry John my mistake , the other fellow that was posting has some Awful Bawlin Pups ..Nate Johnson.
Thanks again

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Should have known!
Nate is always ahead of me and shows up first with the best.

BJK

Post by BJK »

Come on John,

I told you when you started the post that I was wayyyy ahead of you. I also have a couple of 3 year olds. Same breeding as the male in the third picture. They look exactly alike.

Nate

bullboy

Post by bullboy »

i also have a male named repeater that is the same cross as the 3rd dog and looks just like him and he can get the job done, hard hitting hunts hard great nose and for a little dog 14 in can run with and ahead of the big dogs.has plenty of foot but what make him what he is is between his front legs the dogs all heart and leaves it out there every time he runs i'd like to thank john monkman for sending me him and giving me the opportunity to own such a fine hound thank you bullboy

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Nate
I have some good looking pups out of Skyview Cliff almost ready to start out of three different bitches. Fast, quick acting, smart as they come. Might try crossing one of them with these Monk dogs. What kind of mouths do they have? Hard to break to running just rabbits?

BJK

Post by BJK »

John,

These dogs are very intelligent. Which makes them easy to clean up. They have loud distinctive voices. You can tell when they're in the chase.

bullboy

Post by bullboy »

repeater took 1 deer right when i got him i corrected him and have not had a problem since as for the mouth he has a big squall chop kind of sounds like you kicked him in the OO 'S big mouth i can pick him out of 20 plus dogs

Darryl

Post by Darryl »

I am just entering my deer problem with Dandy...He was gone on a deer from tuesday morning to friday night .. Just bought a shock collar and will give him a lesson. You boys are lucky about the voice ...lets just say i know why they called the Dam squealer....haha i can pick him out of a pack though

BJK

Post by BJK »

Darryl,

Funny you mentioned that. I discovered that Bud has 3 voices. They all depend on the scenting conditions. During bad conditions he seems to have a squall. When conditions are better he has a bawl/squall. But when scenting is good he has a powerful bawl mouth.

Nate