Beagle On Fox Results

Canadian beagling activites, Canadian Beagle on Fox Trial Association, LP on Hare, and other news.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Wayne Brierley

Beagle On Fox Results

Post by Wayne Brierley »

The results from our weekend trial are now posted on http://www.beaglescanada.com. It was a great weekend of running, with the fresh snow overnite on Saturday and throughout the day on Sunday the second day turned into a snow trial. Thanks to Bev Saunders for attending, she took a pile of pictures, hopefully they'll all show up on our beagle sites. We fed her supper on Sat. night at a deer camp and we put her up in the " Presidential" suite. Laughed so hard our stomachs ached. Colleen and I sure hope you make the trip again,you're welcome anytime

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Wayne, you can be sure I'll be back. Got a ton of pics. My face hurt from laughing so hard at Roy's hunt camp *dies* You and Colleen are the best of hosts. (Don't tell Dan I said that, lmao). Everyone was a lot of fun, and it was some of the most relaxed beagling I've ever gotten to see. Here's a link to the thread going on at BeaglesCanada. There's a link on that thread for a short video, but I'll post the video here, too.

http://beaglescanada.ipbhost.com/index. ... wtopic=834

Video:
http://www.espomagazine.com/bev/cbfta1205.wmv

Thanks again to CBFTA members for everything!

run'em ragged

Post by run'em ragged »

Are those beagles specially trained to run just fox? or do they run rabbit also?
Get 'em up

show dog

Post by show dog »

That's an excellent video. Isn't technology great! Love to hear those beagles work! Carolyn

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Carolyn, thanks for the kind words. Watch it again. I did a little tweeking on it this morning. :biggrin:

Show dog, many of them run and finish in hare trials also. I can't speak from personal experience, but it's as if when they get into the fox pen, they know which game they are running that day, and it's a beautiful thing to see and hear. 4 hours of non-stop honking, no problem seeing the fox when he comes thru.

show dog

Post by show dog »

My old beagle that went to heaven one year ago Monday, was a fox runner. She had her last big fling 4 weeks before she was sent on her way (with lymphoma and a broken back) and she picked a fox to do it on. I was so excited to see the fox, in the wild, and my old hound pounding lol the trail. She also got lost along the Humber River chasing a fox and crossed Lake Ontario at foot of Park Lawn Rd. chasing a fox in her very early years (Toronto). She came home cut up after the Lake Ontario stint. My parents were in charge and having a fit both times. I never trialed her but have great memories of her abilities. My current dogs only run rabbits, just fine with me with all the deer and traffic we have around us.

Carolyn