Happy Run Calico Clem

Canadian beagling activites, Canadian Beagle on Fox Trial Association, LP on Hare, and other news.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Panther Creek

Happy Run Calico Clem

Post by Panther Creek »

Whay can you all tell me about Happy Run Calico Clem ??
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Rcoff

Re: Happy Run Calico Clem

Post by Rcoff »

Canadian HOF with limited breeding, I believe he was only bred like 10 times to make HOF. Contact Jim Lane, can tell u a lot more about him, heck of a dog, heck of a producer.
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

The story I heard about Clem on how he came to the United States is that they were running dogs in Canada when a storm blew in, being separated from the dogs, they had to leave them. They couldn't get back out for 3 days and when they did the first 2 dogs they found were frozen to death. When they found Clem he was still running rabbits, his pads torn completely off from freezing in the below zero temps and freezing on the ice, he was literally running on Stubbs. He came to a kennel in the states, not sure who's but was kenneled for I think 2 years when Jim was contacted to see if he wanted him. He was told Clem's pads had grown back, but didn't know if he could ever run again. Jim said he took him out and ran him with some of his dogs and Clem blew them away first time out after being in the kennel for 2 years. I have a male directly off of Clem which is a beast. Hope I remembered all details correctly.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

That's a cool story. there's 3 of us on here in Missouri that have dogs out of Clem. Thanksfor the reply!
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10