Green Bay Sako and Others...@ STUD in WV.

Studs Dogs, Starting Pens or Services, Dog Transportation, New Business or Kennel Announcements. This is also a good forum to make travel arrangements for pups and dogs.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Green Bay Sako and Others...@ STUD in WV.

Post by BCBeagles » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:57 pm

**Green Bay Sako...by FCLP Shooters Page 2 and FC Whitney Creek Lola(I owned them both, still own Lola BOTH GOOD HOUNDS). Sako is a nice dog, fast course chop mouth, about 13 3/4 inches tall. Built extremely nice, thick, and straight, perfect bite, GREAT kennel manners and overall just a nice dog. He is Ranger Dan bred on top and bottom, with NLPFC Sir Donald Butch on his bottom side as well.

Sako has good hunt, upper medium to fast foot, super accurate mouth. He will not open until the rabbit is running and has a lock on running style much like his sire. He will run the front or turn the pack. He has a good nose and really stays in the track to run it hard or slow down when he has to. I like his abilities and love his overall package to add to the dogs I have in the future. He has enough competitiveness in him to not let dogs run out front of him too long. He likes to move quickly and drives to catch when he can.

**I would like to approve the females by viewing them in the field. If this is an issue please don't PM or call...I am NOT in this for stud fees or any notoriety of these dogs. I am fortunate to have him to hopefully continue the style of dog we like here.**

If you are interested in breeding to Sako please come see him run. I will show him however you like to see. Stud fee and other details are by private treaty. PLEASE PM me with interest and I will send you my number.

Thanks for looking and good running to all!
Last edited by BCBeagles on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BREEDING HOUNDS FOR FIELD PERFORMANCE
GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

bear128

Re: Green Bay Sako & Green Bay Jimmy....at STUD in WV.

Post by bear128 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Good seeing you again Jim thanks again for meeting me and taking my girl home to visit with Sako . Hopefully she will have a good healthy litter and Sako throws good pups like his daddy

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 am

You are quite welcome Bear. The potential for some really nice pups is there. Reba is good in the kennel and has a great personality...I like her.

I ran Sako and Jimmy a few hours this am. They both are really nice dogs. Clean running and stay in the track. They had several sight chases today by staying tight on the line and moving the track for what it was...it was a fun day of hunting!! They gear up and down and run a real nice rabbit. The handle and hunt with you and love the gun....we like them real well. Blue collar style that gets it done....
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

bear128

Post by bear128 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 am

she don't like being left home when you go hunting

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Sako was able to successfully breed the female here 4 times. He was an aggressive breeder for never have been being bred until now.

I was able to run Reba on a hunt a couple days back. She is a nice dog, honest mouth, good hunt, and handled great. Should be some nice pups. Reba is double Blue Jasper bred and is a pretty Redtick female.

Both of these young males may see a couple Midwest trials when I slow down with my son's basketball in March, April, and May.....if you are interested in talking about these hounds please PM for my number....thanks and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Bear I am glad you got to see Sako and Jimmy run. I assure you they ARE NOT perfect, as you saw, but can do a few good things.....some dumb things too....lol.

I don't always have internet running....we have $5 dollar days on occasion...Where we would have to pay someone $5 dollars to TAKE our dogs off our hands...but we tend to keep it real and not embellish the stories..... :lol:

They are fair young hounds that suit us and if others would like to see the good and bad in them...please call and come by for a hunt. WE WILL RUN every hound we have....we won't make excuses....you evaluate them yourself.

Good running and take care!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:26 am

Side note on Sako.

Congrats to Butch Saari for placing Sako's sister 2nd up north in a trial on hare, Sheeba. This cross has been made 3 times. Two of them are doing very wellThe first cross and the Second cross). There are nice ones from both litters, the third litter I own the only pup, a female. She is about to start running soon. She is just 5 months old today and is coming along nicely.

Thanks and good running to all!
Last edited by BCBeagles on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

bear128

Post by bear128 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:50 pm

seen both these hounds run in some tuff conditions the other day . They had good mouths used them right close check and gears that let them walk or run as needed

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:10 am

Thanks Bear. I am glad you got to stay and see the good and bad...lol.

They aren't perfect...they are just dogs, but they give good effort and are pretty good at moving as the scent allows and working a check very close and clean to keep a rabbit moving.

Anyone interested in seeing them go, they are here...we will run them anytime you would like and if I am available.

Take care and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Green Bay Jimmy will be up in PA a while with Gary and Russ Penrose for there evaluation of him. Anyone wanting to see him look them up. They are great friends and analyze a dog from field to kennel, sparing no scrutiny...they honestly look the dog.

Sako is here for inspection. I do have a few guys lined up in March and April to come to run so please call if you are interested in running please call me and/or pm.

Sako is in the process of having his tailed docked a second time...we did not go short enough initially....lol....it happens.... I HATE A BLOODY STUB!!

As always thanks for the interest and take care!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

gpen08

Post by gpen08 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:13 pm

We hunted Jimmy yesterday and put over 11 miles on him. He is exactly as Jim described. He immediately goes back to the point of loss and works the check inside out. He handles well and will run the front when he can but not swing or cut to get there. He has an excellent nose like his mom and can smell a rabbit where others can't. Just an overall solid gundog. We will see how he reproduces in the future.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Can text pics of either of these hounds. They both have perfect scissor bites, straight legs, and are put up nice.

Thanks for the words Gary...I am not one to tell anything but what they do....I prefer folks see them in the brush where it matters most.
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Placed this same information on Walker's ad...I haven't nor will I ever charge to breed to the hounds I have here....I don't do it for that....I enjoy good hounds.....

If you are serious about evaluating one of these hounds please PM and we can go run dogs....ANY and everything in the kennel if you like....

Thanks to those that have come and bred females...you all know I consider you friends when you leave here...

Take care and good running!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

bear128

Post by bear128 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Hey Jim Reba is starting to show pretty good now Sako did his job can't wait to get these pups out of her and Sako . Should be some real good pups out of these two. I'll keep you posted on her looks like she probably took on their later breeding so I'm thinking the 5th through the 11th. I ran her yesterday for two hours with my two pups I just got started , she is in good health so I'm praying for a smooth and healthy delivery . Thanks alot Jim

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:13 pm

Bear I hope it goes well. They have the blood behind them to be nice. Reba is a very nice compliment to Sako.

Sako is continuing to progress. I will say he is the best young hound that has ever been at my place. He isn't perfect, but he really does a lot of things well.

Thanks and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS