Green Bay Sako and Others...@ STUD in WV.

Studs Dogs, Starting Pens or Services, Dog Transportation, New Business or Kennel Announcements. This is also a good forum to make travel arrangements for pups and dogs.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Re: Green Bay Sako....at STUD in WV.

Post by BCBeagles » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:52 pm

I have been getting some recent interest in Sako. If you are serious about breeding your female please reach out to me.

I AM NOT IN THIS FOR STUD FEES!!! My hounds are a great hobby and stress reliever for me from the Hustle and Bustle of life....lol.

It WILL NOT COST YOU TO breed to him........just bring your female.

If you are looking to ad FOCUS on a check area...aka Point of loss work....TRACKING the RABBIT....not horse racing there pack mates....NOSE...to run as fast as possible on high scent and walk on less.....then this line of dogs has many representatives of that. Sako does a real nice job of representing his ancestry with the same style. You are WELCOME to bring your females or any dogs for that matter and RUN WITH HIM....not just sit and talk about it.....

We will be using him on our females in the future. We have one spring cross planned as of now possibly two.

Thanks and good running to ALL!! Happy and Safe Holidays as well!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BREEDING HOUNDS FOR FIELD PERFORMANCE
GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:17 am

A nice female lined up to come breed to Sako. He was observed in the field to make the decision to use him, not by hear say or pedigree alone.

Should be a nice cross on a quality female. Thanks for the interest in him. I truly believe he will throw some really nice hounds. His ancestry is full of rabbit dogs that reproduced...not just one or two, but many....I believe that gives you a much better shot at it.

Happy Holidays and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

Bobby Angel

Post by Bobby Angel » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 am

BTT

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 pm

It was pleasure to talk with you Bobby. I truly hope we can get together soon and run some dogs!

I have been running Sako alot lately...he is a pretty good dog and he keeps improving in all the vital areas that they need to be a complete hound.
We ran 7 today.....not going to sugar coat it...they struggled at times....it was not always internet running...lol.

But the last rabbit they ran for 2 hours...a true pleasure to see a group of hounds work that well on a rabbit that did everything a rabbit could do to lose the hounds. He ran big, then little, then ran the same area for nearly an hour in dense cover to open woods and the hounds did there part to keep him moving...finally driving him to refuge in a junk pile....it was a nice day.

Sako contributed his share....he has no quit and an unending desire to run a rabbit like it's his next meal.....He has special characteristics passed along from truly special parents...I look forward to the future and his use here.

ALL welcome to come run ANYTIME!! Good running and take care!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Have a couple quality females coming to Sako as soon as they are in heat.

After much deliberation, I will be breeding Green Bay Hail Mary to Sako as well. He has the qualities to compliment her and the foot to compliment her as well. He has matured into a pretty nice hound and his ancestors were producers of their likeness.

I believe he will reproduce as well. I spoke with a gentleman who bought a young male off of me out of Sako, from his first litter,this past Saturday. He says the pup has some nice skills. Alot of drive and is going to have good foot as well. Machine gun chop mouth like Sako has. They are about 8 months old and naturally go with the old dogs and don't stand at your feet. They show intelligence and good kennel manners...that is a HUGE part of what makes a pup fun to work with in my opinion. The field skills come from what is bred in them....generations of pretty good dogs.

Please PM me with any interest in talking dogs. We will set up a time to take them to the brush not just type or talk about them. I believe if you like what you have you show it them to people and let them decide for themselves if it's the road they choose.....thanks and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks Bobby for coming over to run. I hope you saw some things from the hounds that made it worth your while.

Sako is a decent dog and comes from a family of good dogs.

I am confident your cross can bring the things you want in...great meeting you and I am sure this won't be the last time we run!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

Bobby Angel

Post by Bobby Angel » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Jim

I had an awesome time this morning. I was really impressed with the quality of hounds that you have.
The long runs with minimal breakdowns was well worth the trip.

In my opinion,Sako is something special, and Walker can still get it done also.
I can't wait for my two females to come in season, as they'll both be headed back to Farmington.

Thanks Jim for showing you're hounds.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Thank you Bobby...I believe the best way to let the dogs show you there worth is in the brush behind a rabbit.

Not all internet running...lol....but some decent chases.

I also have two of Sako's sisters here...I will run them for anyone as well. They both hunt harder than he does, but he hunts decent himself...he jumps his share of rabbits.
Both of his sisters will be used for our reproducing needs here as well. Again...this is a good family of dogs....not just a couple decent dogs...more than a few good ones.

Should be able to pass along some quality traits for the hunter or trialer....come and go run!!! ALL WELCOME and bring whatever you like to run with them!!

Take care and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am

We have had an extreme amount of interest in dogs and pups at this time.

We don't have anything in the hound(adult dogs) for sale and I don't see that changing in the future. We are fortunate to have our next generation and will breeding some of them for our own use and will sell pups in excess....these are out of hunting stock...not pedigrees that look good on paper.

I DON'T do this to sell dogs or pups...we are hunters and pleasure runners....we use all our dogs in the field first!

We will be breeding two of our own females to Sako this spring if all works out. One Line bred cross, one a complete outcross on him.

We have at least 3 other outside females coming in to breed to him if things work out. I will post information as any pups become available. Thank you all as always and take care!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 pm

I have had multiple calls as of late looking for hounds for sale.

I again, respectfully say, we don't have any for sale nor will we have any finished dogs for sale. We will have a few litters this spring, lord willing, more than one litter off of Sako if all works out well.

I have also had more calls about breeding to Sako, he is here for your inspection. Get your female here we will get her bred...ideally if we can go run in the field so you can evaluate him and I can evaluate your female that will make both parties much more satisfied.

Thanks for all the interest....it gives me a nice break from work to talk or text about dogs....lol...I LIKE THAT!! :D

Take care and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

Bobby Angel

Post by Bobby Angel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:43 pm

BTT

bear128

Post by bear128 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Lets give Sako a bump up . Jim and Dan came to Maryland for a two day hunt and we had a blast Sako is as advertised a very nice hound . What a blast Jim great times and great dogs

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Bear we absolutely loved it!! Thank you for the invite and I sure hope next year you put us in some rabbits!!!! :lol:

35 plus miles on the dogs in two days was enough on them....lol.

Your boys Ray and Corky are classics with every sentence!!! I am still laughing about things that were said....will be for a while!
Thanks to Jeremy as well and can't wait for next season!

Thanks for the compliments on Sako....he is a pretty decent dog from a good family of dogs...you know that already. You have very nice hounds and they are going to continue to improve!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

bear128

Post by bear128 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Yeah Jim, there is never a dull moment with them two . If your face don't hurt from laughing with a day of them two its because you tried not to laugh .
I hope ya can make it back this spring to go after the big Stripers and maybe catch some fresh crabs to munch on .

You shocked my dog :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :argue: :argue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Sako ran his first WV hare to the gun yesterday...it was a good time. He is a pretty decent dog...thanks for the interest and compliments. I will run him any way you like...he is here to be evaluated...not just typed about.

His sister is due in a couple weeks with a litter off of FCGD Green Bay Walkon...I also have a younger sister to Sako who is on her way to a nice dog as well.

Sako was from a real nice cross....if given the chance he should reproduce some nice dogs.

Good running and take care!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS