Green Bay Sako....at STUD in WV.

Studs Dogs, Starting Pens or Services, Dog Transportation, New Business or Kennel Announcements. This is also a good forum to make travel arrangements for pups and dogs.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Re: Green Bay Sako....at STUD in WV.

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:01 am

Litter of Sako pups coming in a few days. Off of a Butkus female. Should be a nice cross. We have made similar crosses as this one with very good success.

I expect a few of them to be make a decent hound.

Sako is up in PA with Gary and Russ Penrose. If you are interested in seeing him run, they will show him in the field.

Thanks and good running to all!!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BREEDING HOUNDS FOR FIELD PERFORMANCE
GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

gpen08

Post by gpen08 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 pm

I liked Sako when I seen him run before. However now that I have got to see him up close I like him even more. He is quick but clean and smooth on the track. He and his two half sisters and half brother we own are a pure pleasure to run. Sako can stick around in PA for as long as you allow Jim.

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Jim you need to post a picture of Sako when you get a chance.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 pm

I don't have my photobucket up to date Vern...sorry. I can text pics if anyone is interested. He is decent looking.

Tom Penrose in PA has pups for sale off of Sako...they should be ready in about 5 wks. I believe he has 3-4 males available. Linebred on Shooter...Donald Butch...with a shot of Heliprop.

Out of a pretty nice female.

If interested PM me for details...thanks as always and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Got pics of Sakos first litter today....he sure passed on his houndy looks.

Time will tell what they make, but they look really nice.....thanks and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

bear128

Post by bear128 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Bump for a nice young hound and a great houndsmen

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks Bear...that means a lot.... Sako is a nice hound. We plan on using him in the future over some nice females. His first litter was all males or I would have a pup off of him now. They are very houndy and bold pups. Sako is exceptionally intelligent, handles and hunts with you and just does a good job. He has gears to move slowly and stay in the check area and foot to push a running rabbit hard while doing it cleanly.

Take care and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 am

Sako's littermate sister won the trial at Borderline yesterday. She is owned by Butch Saari. She won it in pretty dominant fashion.

Sako is from a cross that produced real nice dogs. I just got my first pup off of him. He sure did pass along his looks and boldness. The pup is nice, acts great and looks even better.

Thanks and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:17 am

Congrats to Butch again. Sheiba(Littermate to Sako) is a nice dog and will finish out I am confident.

We also own Joy, another female from the first cross(same as Sako and Sheiba). She is a nice hound as well. BIG nose, good hunt, line running as they should be.

Sako will be used over some of our females in future for sure!

Thanks and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:32 am

Got a nice male pup here off of Sako. He is starting to get pretty rabbity at about 4 months. He sure doesnt lack for looks or brains in the kennel. Easy going and intelligent means alot to a hunter or a trialer.

Sako is here for your inspection. He runs a rabbit pretty decent and prefers the cool weather, as do I...lol, his time is coming....

Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

bear128

Post by bear128 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Hey Jim I got my sammy pup back today cant wait to get her out he said she was showing a lot of hunt

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:50 pm

Sounds good Bear. Hope she makes a good one! She is bred to the hilt!

Sako has been getting to the brush pretty regular nowadays...he can drive a rabbit, clean, close, and accurate with pretty decent speed...come see him go anytime....NO EXCUSES.

The male pup I have off of him here is one of the smartest and most level headed pups I have raised.....takes after his dad. Sako is a pretty nice dog...out of two pretty nice dogs.

We will breeding him to our females here as needed. These are HUNTING dogs...NOT pedigrees with average skills....GOOD in the field or they WILL NOT be used as "brood" females.
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Anyone looking for Shooter blood thru good hounds then look on the puppies for sale page.

I have a nice young male off of Sako I am going to let go. Questions about him please PM me. Thanks and take care!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:10 am

Back to the top for Sako. Still hoping you will post some pics. I know you are a pretty smart young man!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks Vern...I lost my Photobucket account and have not posted pics since.

I do have pics if you would like them please PM me and I can text them.

Sako's first litter is just near 6 months old....they are showing his extreme intelligence, calm nature in the kennel, and a drive to be in the action in the field. I am hoping he produces his Sire's hunt. Sako hunts pretty well...but not like his Sire......Sammy had special hunt...

His Dam, Lola, has throw many nice dogs, not just one or two.....he has the ancestry of producers to produce a much better dog than he is and he is a pretty nice dog. One most would be proud to hunt over.

Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS