Green Bay Sako and Others...@ STUD in WV.

Studs Dogs, Starting Pens or Services, Dog Transportation, New Business or Kennel Announcements. This is also a good forum to make travel arrangements for pups and dogs.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Re: Green Bay Sako....at STUD in WV.

Post by BCBeagles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Thank you Bobby....the female I have from that litter acts great and looks great!

Sako and his sisters are here to be evaluated....you can see them in the field....not hearsay.....in the brush to look at them behind a rabbit and hunting for a rabbit....decent dogs.

Good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BREEDING HOUNDS FOR FIELD PERFORMANCE
GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 am

Been running...any interest PM me....no excuses....we will put some hounds in the brush.

Take care and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

GUN HUNTERS AND TRIALERS WELCOME ANYTIME! I WILL RUN ANY AND ALL HOUNDS IN MY KENNEL UPON REQUEST.

two mile

Post by two mile » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Has there been any pups to speak of out of your stud dog?

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:10 am

yes...a few young litters...doing okay....oldest are about 16 months...couple from the oldest litter doing pretty good...couple over competitive idiots.I will not get on here and tell you "every" pup is a natural.....that just does not happen in real life....lol.... Others just now getting ready to be started. If anything they look good....lol. Sako is out of two of the best hounds we have had here...FCLP Shooters Page 2(Sammy) and FC Whitney Creek Lola...both special dogs.

We like what Sako does and all are welcome to come watch him...you can't decide anything reading what is typed on this computer. Opinions vary so much on all characteristics....best way to see them is in person....come over and run...will cut them loose any way you like.

Pups are not being trialed and those that have used Sako had no interest in trialing, just looking for good hounds to pleasure run and gun hunt.

thanks and take care.
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Ran with Sako and a few littermates back in June when I visited Jim. Was a 70 plus degree day, we didn't lack jumps, they ran well for a warm dry day, and dont stand at your feet. Quick and clean, keep the track between their legs, plainly put they are rabbit dogs.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Bobby Angel

Post by Bobby Angel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pm

I had a litter of 8 pups born May 26 out of Sako. I know for a fact that 4 of the 8 have started already.
I did as Jim asked, went and watched and then made my mind up that Sako was who I wanted to breed too.
Very satisfied with my pups.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Thank you all.....I know where a big male is off of Sako that could be bought. A lot of time has been put in him. About 18 months old in New York.

Near full 15 inch hound....big hound mouth....control with some foot....easy to look at.

Any interest PM me.....if I did not keep the majority of my pack as females...I would own him now.

thanks and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:23 pm

The hound off of Sako is going to Ohio....thanks for the interest....the owner of him is a really nice guy...glad I could help him move the dog.

We will be breeding Sako to a female or two in the spring....a couple of outcrosses, but on the same style of hound...close in the check....point of loss working....line running track dogs that gear up and down according to scent.

Hope everyone has a great upcoming season!! Heading to Indiana Friday for a couple day trip to drop off a young hound to get run hard and run a couple hounds while we are there.

Take care and good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

Bobby Angel

Post by Bobby Angel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 pm

I had the opportunity to run with one of Sako's oldest offspring yesterday. He was also out of a Butkus female.
The dog had very good speed, big nose, and for his age he had good hunt. I really think that as he matures and is ran a lot harder, he is gonna make a very nice dog.
Bump up for Sako.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks Bobby...Sako is bred to throw a nice controlled hound with the ability to gear up and down to keep a race moving or save it when the rabbit is winning over the dogs.

All welcome to come see any hound we have here run....no excuses......we will take them to the field to be critically evaluated.

I have become very thick skinned.....I am brutally honest about what these dogs do....it is my hobby to maintain a good hound.

It was my goal to be able to raise, for our use, generations of dogs that we enjoy for pleasure running and hunting....we are happy with the spot we are in and for the future.

PLENTY of culls when we breed hounds...lets just be up front about that. They don't all have what it takes...MANY don't....we see that and adjust accordingly.

Thanks to the fellows that put us on the path we are on...Joe Kuklenski(Green Bay Kennels)....Butch Saari(Whitney Creek Kennels)....Tim Ogrady..Steve Mullen...and a select group of friends who value the same characteristics we do and are honest evaluators of hounds.

Take care and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 am

I know of a decent young male for sale off of Sako...needs run, but started and does pretty good.

Have a pic of him as well....good mouth....bigger check area than we like, but we are extremely firm on the check area....it's a must for our hounds.

PM me if interested. I don't own him but can get you the number to who does...reasonably priced...350...in PA.

Off of a Butkus female so he is double Shooter...he is triple Ranger dan bred.

thanks for the continued interest in Sako and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 am

We don't get to run as much nowadays...but when we go....we expect good things.....

Hunted Saturday...ran 5 dogs...they had not been off of the box in a month...none of them......

It did not take hours for them to settle in to what their genetics possess them to do....they hunt for rabbits...run them as fast as the scenting allows....and hunt and handle with you.....with a brain to be managed.

If this is what you like, you are probably still a select few......an individual who likes a no nonsense dog that is blue collar and does it's thing...whether with a small group or a large group and doesn't have to fix it's own mistakes at a staggering rate....PM me to come hunt.....we will run....however you like, whenever you like, and we won't make excuses if your dogs put it on ours.

We will compliment you and try to buy them or breed to them...IF they are the style we are breeding for....it is a simple as that.

Good running to all and happy holidays!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Running some rabbits...dogs doing alright.

Have a direct son of Shooter coming to the kennels in the near future.....we hope to use him to continue a pretty good line of dogs.

Happy Holidays to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Got a nice report on some pups off of Sako....one female pup was noted by the person who started her to be a "natural"....they arent all like that, but nice to hear some that are. Others doing pretty well also.

Good running to all!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:07 am

Female coming from North Carolina this weekend to breed to Sako.
We are running pretty regular.....you can see him go.

We have added a couple more to the gene pool here...decent dogs.....Hilltop Big Foot....off of IFC Shooter and FCGD Beavercreek Jackie Chan.
Also added Green Bay King Kaboom...off of IFC Green Bay Pawking and FCLP Green Bay Huntem up Jill.

They perform in the field first....not just a pedigree to breed over.

Come watch them....any of them....

Thanks and good running to all!!
Jim Hall
BUFFALO CREEK KENNELS