Welcome to our New Forum!

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

samlyn0001

Post by samlyn0001 »

Sorry I havent had time before now but CONGRATS! TC and JC on Charmin, beautiful pups you have ;) Glad to hear runner did well for his first time out. Keep me posted when you can.

buckridge

Post by buckridge »

Maybe we can get more people interested in the conformation of their dogs.
I know AKC field dogs have come a long ways from the 80's in conformation.... I see less and less bad bites, bowed front legs and bad rear ends......UKC really have some nice dogs in the ring... look at Davis.. I have been in the show ring with him many times and he as won over some very nice dogs, of course his dogs are AKC and UKC reg.
I saw 2 field dogs in the show ring in Louisville a few weeks ago... they did not win anything but they were fairly nice looking dogs...

I am always willing to help anyone here in Indiana or anywhere else who would like to learn how to show their dogs ( bench or show ring )

Jim
Buckridge Beagles
Greenwood In.

TC

Post by TC »

All right good for you Jim
This is what we need More people Willing to help out! Make the offers!! A lot of people aint interested! But if you can get just one to Start showin or get interested in conformation in thier Field hounds Then They in turn May get someone else interested in it also. Now I aint talkin about goin out and breeding your Field Dog to a show Dog. or Just breeding Conformation To Conformation Takes a lot of work But it can be done.
As You Said there are A LOt Of NICE Field hounds out there and if these folks would just take em in the ring and Show em We may be able to get more Judges lookin at the Way proper Conformation looks Like!!!!
The Judges are only Judging What they See and if all they are seeing is what the Show folks are presenting to them thats all they are gonna Judge on!!!
Then you get the Fancys Or The Show Folks interpretation of what they feel a hound is supposed to look like!
Now this probably Wont set well with a lot of Folks But What is Winning In the Ring now days Are not always IMHO What a beagle Should look like.
Where is the length of rib? The proper Angulation of Shoulders? To short to Blocky Ect Now this is not All of them Mind you i have seen Some VERY nice Dogs winning.
Like I have Said before just get em out there and show em. Does it really matter that some one might not like your Dog? as long as the Hound fits the standard.
just like trialing Or Hunting!!! I have heard over and over again heck Hes got Show Dogs!!!! Or He hunts with his Dogs!!!! Well I hear it less and Less now LOL From Both sides I have seen Show Breeders that think WOW this is A lot of Fun Runnin Dogs Aint it!! And Wow those Dogs Can run a Rabbit caint they!
All it takes is showin them that yes they Can Hunt and yes We will show Slowly minds are Changing There will always be folks on both sides Of the Fence!!!
Well Seems to me there is lots of runnin Ground inbetween LOL
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Luvbeags

Post by Luvbeags »

I know this is off the subject a little... But I was wondering if it bothers anyone else that Labradors in the show ring are FAT!!! I mean, I've seen them jiggle!
My lab is a long lean running machine. One day in the field with one of those conformation labs and the poor thing would have a heart attack!
Just one of my pet peeves, I KNOW it shouldn't bother me, but because I work for a vet people think their PETS can be fat. One lady even said, "I watched a show on TV and my lab isn't any heavier than that dog I saw last night."
Hope not, her lab was FAT, and that showdog was FAT!
One of the biggest health problems I see in pet dogs is obesity, now folks can see shows on TV, and I think the dogs should look their part. I've never seen a working lab jiggle like they do in the show ring.
I'll just step down off my soapbox before I fall (or someone pushes me LOL!)

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I am more than happy to help anyone in the northeast learn some things before a show. I am also happy to help you groom and present your dog at any of the shows I am at. Look for me, I am easy to spot---usually there are just a handful of people with Beagles at the shows anyway. Come up and say Hi. I am MORE than happy to help!!!!
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

buckridge

Breeding show dogs with field dogs

Post by buckridge »

I have had two litters of pups from breeding show and field, show male to a field bitch. All the pups had better conformation and all turned out to be fair to good hunters. The only thing about the conformation part was most of them had narrow mussels, coming from the Mother's (field) It will take a few generations of breeding to get what I hope will be a good combination of show and field dogs.

Buckridge Kennels
Greenwood In

Home of 8 owner handled show champions
Buckridge Sit-N-Bull NKC field and show champion

samlyn0001

Post by samlyn0001 »

Luvbeags,
I wanted to get these pics posted for you earlier in the week but am just getting to them. This is our unpapered Chocolate lab Cinnamon AKA "Moose". She will be five in July.
Hope you enjoy them....LOL, she is a nut!

Honey Pot Hounds

LOL!!!!!!!!! I had walked away from my computer while your picture was loading and came back and saw that scary face (TEETH!) shot of Cinnamon and was like "What the heck is that!?!?" LOL!

She looks like a wild woman :shock:
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

ukcrunner

Post by ukcrunner »

here is my female she is currently pregent and i am taking deposits thanks

[img][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/274691.jpg[/img][/img]

Luvbeags

Post by Luvbeags »

LOL. I just about blew tea out my nose. I was totally unprepared for MOOSE!
LOL LOL LOL! :lol:
It is nice to see a dog with a girly figure! I'll have to take some pics this weekend. I got a digital camera for christmas and have yet to download my christmas pictures!
I just LOVE dog pictures! I could look at them all day.

UKCrunner, congrats on all the trophies! Your dog takes a mighty fine picture. Mine won't stand unless you have FOOD. LOL.
Congrats on the pregnancy. Hubby said he would leave me if I brought home any more dogs. (that was three dogs ago! LOL, and he is still around, bless his good natured heart.)

Honey Pot Hounds

UKC Runner,
SUPER NICE BITCH!!!! Whats her pedigree? She is lovely! I'd like to see more pictures of her. Does she have her AKC conformation title yet? If not shouldn't be hard to aquire if you want it! I'd be proud to take her in the ring if she moves as nice as she looks :D

Whooo Hooo! and the man can stack a Beagle!
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

ukcrunner

Post by ukcrunner »

thank you Honey here is her pedigree

Echo Run Woodstock
n your Blue Hide
Echo Run Shalamar
CGRCH UWP GRCH Strongbow Mama's Boy
Ebbtide Whisperfield Able
GRCH Strongbow Whisperfield Ebony
Briarhill Whisperfield Tigre
Strongbow Emma of Sundown
GRCH HBCH Fire River Michael
CH Strongbow Chip off the Block
GRCH Strongbow Briarhill Dahli
GRCH Strongbow Summer Storm
Echo Run Jumping Jack Flash
GRCH White River Golden Tigger
HBCH GRCH Fire River Gold Queen

Pedigree Created For: Strongbow Emma of Sundown
Information Supplied By: David Kohn
Pedigree Created By eSPOMagazine.com Online Pedigree Software

ukcrunner

Post by ukcrunner »

Sire is Strongbow Mama's Boy

Dam is Strongbow Summer Strom

ukcrunner

Post by ukcrunner »

Honey i have not even showed her yet in AKC but i am sure i will as soon as she earns her UKC title anymore questions on her Honey you can email me at kohnsbeagles@adelphia.net thanks alot

wvbill

Post by wvbill »

UKC,

Can not wait to see how that cross comes out. They both have awesome confirmation. Really want to see how they do on hunt. If they turn out with good hunt and you do that cross again. I will take female off of you next go around.

Let me know after they get here and if you still have a female available, I just might consider it . My hands are full with what is in the kennel now, as you know, what is another one going to hurt.

I will be there Friday afternoon/evening (5:00ish). Don't forget my box. LOL

Later,

Bill