Welcome to our New Forum!

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Honey Pot Hounds

Welcome to our New Forum!

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Hey guys!
Bev and I thought maybe we should try a seperate forum for discussing all aspects of Beagle conformation showing! UKC, AKC, puppy matches, you name it. No one is excluded who wants to talk conformation. No question is stupid. No dog too ugly cuz we can talk makeover magic here too ;)
Lets invite all of our friends to come and talk about Beagle conformation :D
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

TC

Post by TC »

Good idea we can all use some useful tips and tricks to make the best out of our little hound.

I know there is times I could really use some sound advise on the table too!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Luvbeags

Nice idea for a forum!

Post by Luvbeags »

:D Just wanted to let you know, I plan on returning to see what good stuff goes in here!

Honey Pot Hounds

Hey LuvBeags!!! I remember you from a couple years ago when I just had my pet Xhunting Beagle Buster! How are you?! How are those good looking hounds? :D
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

TC

Post by TC »

Well here is Our newest Addition Somebody Sugested That maybe we could post his picture on this Forum.
And to make it More Conformation Related how do you all train your Dogs to Stack on the table?

This is Oakhill Blue Ridge Runner (Runner)
he is From oakhill lines bred by Her Good friends Sam and Lyn Ricker out of North Haverhill, NH.
Sally knew I wanted a true Bluetick beagle And Sent Runner home With My Wife JC
THANKS SALLY!!!

Here is another of him During His Table training Not the best Shot but he is getting better!!!!!

We also are Working at the same time trying to lead and table train Another three from our Own breeding
Here they are

Male 1 (Lug)

Male 2 (Charmin)

Male 3 (PeeWee)

Another nice thing about these Dogs are that they Will All Get a Chance at Rabbit hunting!!!! And have already been Started on tame rabbits

Honey Pot Hounds

NICE puppies TC! I love the top picture of your Bluetick! It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

If I could choose only two I would pick, on conformation alone, the Blue Tick (he looks real good in that top picture!) and Male #1 "Lug."

How old is the Blue Tick puppy?
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

TC

Post by TC »

Runner is 4 mo old LOL
In the Second picture he had about enough of that and was Fighting me pretty Good :lol: He has a problem With leaning back and making himself look Sloped in the Front but we are working With him a little every Day!
lead training Goes Pretty Well for about 10 min at a time also LOL .

Luvbeags

Post by Luvbeags »

:D Hello! That bluetick looks a lot like my Ruger. I still have all my hounds, to part with them would be like cutting my arm off!
My guys aren't showdogs, but my dream is to someday OWN my own showdog. Even if mine doesn't earn a championship at least I can say I TRIED IT.
Nope, my guys would be laughed out of a show ring, but they are ALL NEUTERED as it should be. My guys can run a mean rabbit, but I've always been of the mind that if they don't have proper conformation than they shouldn't breed, just my opinion.
I stopped my search for a hunting dog with excellent conformation a few years back (when I disappeared) because I just didn't feel well.
(long story) anyway, I'm back, but I will NOT be looking for any more beagles for awhile as I have five dogs now. Three beagles, my aging lab, and a foster toy poodle, who, well, I'm keeping (another long story)

Glad to see you all again. I'll have to post my ruger here because of the other bluetick!

This is tuff and ruger in our yard

This is tuff, another pic of him because Ruger's tail was in the way above.

This is loretta, looking surprized as I threw the covers back to see what that lump was in my newly made bed... It was just a beagle lump!

TRIPOD photos may not show, you can right click on them and go to image and open it or view it...

If my pictures don't post, you can still see my guys on my webpage, which I NEED to update!!!

http://members.tripod.com/luvbeags
Last edited by Luvbeags on Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honey Pot Hounds

Lovely Beagles LuvBeags!

That fencing sure looks nice too. Would you mind telling me how much you have fenced in and what it cost? I am looking to fence in about a quarter acre.............
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

Luvbeags

Post by Luvbeags »

That is horse fencing, made by redbarn, it is called "diamond wire" it has NO sharp edges and cannot be lifted or bent by even the most determined beagle.
My invoice says it is KEEPSAFE DIAMOND MESH and a roll about 5 ft high and 165 feet was $230. We used almost two rolls, and fenced in two runs both attached to our house.
One is 20 ft by 50 ft, and the other is about 40ft by 40 ft. We used tubular stock gates with some dog mesh wired to them for gates, and we used 4x4x8 posts every 8 to 10 foot.
I love it. We've had dog's destroy regular dog fencing and our one beagle Loretta will climb or eat chain link if she sees a rabbit on the other side.
This stuff has no "foot holds" and she has chewed some along the bottom but she hasn't gotten out yet (we've had it up for 4 years)
It also is rust proof and comes with a 20 year warranty.
We have extra fencing left over and we will be fencing off more, we've got almost two acres here, and with five dogs we want to give them as much space to exercise as possible. They are house dogs and I don't want them to get fat!

samlyn0001

Post by samlyn0001 »

JC and TC,
Did Sally pass along Runners baby pics? If not drop me an email and I will send the file along to you. samlyn@surfglobal.net
Here are a few pics I had found of him that I hadnt saved to disk yet.
1-09-05
1-17-05

samlyn0001

Post by samlyn0001 »

Here is a few pics of Runners brother. I had him a few extra weeks so I named him Boomer because of his booming voice in such a little pup. The new owners named him Blue. He was more used to standing on my counter top :oops: ...LOL

Blue Boomer

I love taking pics of the beagles. There are so photogenic!

TC

Post by TC »

Thanks Samlynn Saved Em LOL
Well We took Runner to his First show today A Fun match just to get him used to the Noise, dogs, crowds, Ect. He was a Big hit LOL Didnt win But thats ok he did Good First time out Just Gonna Take a lot more work and getting judges used to seeing him LOL
Oh Buy the Way Our Tri Male Charmin Took Best puppy in Group!!!! yahoo

We were real Proud of Runners Performance today Considering he has only had one week of training!!!!

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

:biggrin: Congratulations one Charmin's win!!!! That is awesome!!!! Those tris really look fantastic on the bench.

As for Runner, he is already a winner!! :approve: He has a wonderful home where is is loved by one and all. :hug: He is the first bluetick probably in the whole northwest to be in a show ring. :cool: And he is a hound out of my line. Doesn't get any better than that. :biggrin:

Honey Pot Hounds

That is so awesome that you took Runner to a puppy match!!! Keep him out there and get those judges used to seeing a Blue Tick :)

Love the fencing LuvBeags. Thanks!!
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!