Scrubbing Teeth

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Honey Pot Hounds

Scrubbing Teeth

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I am curious to know if any of you all scrub your dogs teeth or use a scaler? I do both. Probably not often enough though. Honeys teeth are really giving me a headache and after her pups are weaned I think I am going to take her to the vets for a real thorough scaling job.
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Luvbeags

Post by Luvbeags »

I use a scraper when needed, but when the teeth get ahead of me I take my guys to work with me and do it there (I work for a vet!)
I also have a trick to using the enzyme toothpastes, often they don't stick enough, the toothpaste always is slimy. I mix mine with a little baking soda. It helps it cling to the teeth so you can have contact with the enzyme toothpast and the teeth longer, and the slight abrasiveness of the baking soda helps remove some of the tartar. I don't use enough to make the toothpaste taste nasty... Half the time I think my guys think I'm giving them a treat with my fingers stuck in their mouths! They REALLY like the poultry flavored toothpaste!
They (C.E.T.) have also come out with a dental chew that has the enzymes right on the chew. But I won't use it, because they use rawhide as the "chew" and I do not give my dogs rawhide. (but that is another subject ;) )

SilverBullet

Post by SilverBullet »

I give Eukanuba and raw bones and never had to scale my dog's teeth. The Euk has "Dental Defense" which is a mineral sprayed on the outside of the kibble. Its proven to reduce tartar buildup ... I didn't buy it, but have been feeding Euk 25/16 for months and theres a huge difference.
My oldest Beag is 5 years and has been eating raw bones (NOT marrow bones) for most of his life. His teeth are as clean as my pup's teeth.
Any dog I've had the teeth scaled or scraped, the treatment worked temporarily, then new stains seemed to come back with a vengance. I think those things scrape the enamel right off the teeth, but JMHO.

palestinian

Post by palestinian »

Anonymity of a SOCKS Proxy. As SOCKS (as it was already marked above) transfers all data from a client to a server, nothing adding from itself, from the point of view of a web-server, a socks proxy is a client. Therefore anonymity of this type of proxy servers is very high.: http://www.socksproxylist.com