Critique this little female

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvbill

Critique this little female

Post by wvbill »

This is Chelsy she is 5 months old and a ball of fire.

She was not wanting to stand for me at all this night. She must be camera shy.

I notice that I did not have her front feet together and in line with the back ones, Like I thought

What all do you think? Should she champion?

She is headed to the starting pen in two weeks. She is ready.

Bill[/img]

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hi Bill,
First thing you want is firm footing for the hound, hard to keep their feet under them when their on slick surfaces, they won't stand up to show. Try tacking a stiff carpet remnant on a board to stand her on, just a thought... ;)

Lance

Post by Lance »

even though she's not standing good.... she's darn fine lookin! What is the breeding on her?

wvbill

Post by wvbill »

Patch,

I guess she didnt like mommas coffee table as much as I thought she would.
Usually I have her on something that is better suited for doing this but it was dark and I wanted to get a couple of pictures of her.

Lance,

She is out of Sundown Kennels in Ohio.

Rebellious Chelsy from Sundown

Dam: Dream Chaser Millie
Sire: Sundown Running Reb

You can find Rebels Pedigree on http://www.sundownbeagles.com it goes back to some fine hounds.

Bill

showdog

Post by showdog »

Not sure about the tail lenght, or her rear end, without looking at her from the rear.
No sure she would be what you would call an AKC show dog, but she is overall a nice looking dog.

From an AKC SPO show dog judge

Post by Guest »

Good looking female

wvbill

Post by wvbill »

thanks

SilverBullet

Post by SilverBullet »

Very nice looking dog!!!
The only thing I see tha tmay keep her out of the ring is that her tail is a bit too short. Things like that can change as the pup matures, tho.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Hard close to you hunt with a lot of movement and tail action. Good briar dog that will get under the thick stuff. Bawl or deep fast mouth. Slow to medium speed but right on the line trailing.
Don't know about show stuff, but, that is what I see.
Pretty dog and color.

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I think she looks like she has potential and in the AKC showring the tail is not desired to be long (also, I think her tail is not too short, it is wagging in the picture). I know her sire is proving himself in the AKC ring. With the right grooming, training and handler I bet she could attain an AKC conformation championship.
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Roy Pasmore

Post by Roy Pasmore »

Her sire is allso A hard driving track dog with no bawl mouth. In fact he is A little tite mouthed.
The view is all ways the same from behind.

wvbill

Post by wvbill »

Thanks for all the replys.

Yes, Her tail was wagging in the pic.

Not a good pic of her at all. Dont even know why I even posted it. Excited I guess.

I will be picking her back up from the McVays this weekend. She is a different hound now. They have had her almost two months. She is running rabbits like crazy. Plus they have been getting all that puppy fat off of her. I will post a picture of her when I get her back.

As for the sire....... Rebel is roughly 13.75 inch male with a nice chop. She is taking that from her daddy. I will try to get a picture of both of them together.

Honey,

You will start seeing her in the ring soon. I wanted to get her running rabbits before she went to the ring. They have to earn there keep here. LOL

My wife has a close friend who has shown numerous hounds in the ring. She will be handling her in the upcoming months along with some of her dogs, until my wife feels comfortable of doing it herself. At least, this is the plan.

Bill

Post by Guest »

Nice dog!