Length of tail

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

buckridge

Show dogs

Post by buckridge »

I have noticed big politics in the classes also.... yes I have won over some handlers in the classes, but not against any big time handlers.
2 weeks ago a 6 month old female puppy took the class and the breed over 4 champions.... with a well known beagle handler. I stick to my quote.... judges are placing people over dogs. Judges want assignments and they know they better place handlers or the handlers will not show under them, nor will they publish their pictures with the judges.
Yes everyone has their dues to pay, that is a given.
I have had a few 2nd place group wins.... because there were no big handlers on thoses days.
I still love the sport and hope to continue for a number of years.
I still field trial even though politics play a big roll in winning.
I wish everyone who shows and trials the best in the sport.

Jim

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Ears are important in tracking. The shape. length, and where they are set on the head all contribute to funneling scent. The ears are also important to breed typy in that they help define the beagle breed as its own breed. The total dog should be emphasized when judging. Dogs are better judged based on qualities rather than faults. Tails look different on show dogs because of the way they are groomed. The long hairs are trimmed at the end to show the dogs actual tail length better. Dan
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!