Could Someone show me what a show dog & trail dog look l

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beaglesarethebest

Could Someone show me what a show dog & trail dog look l

Post by beaglesarethebest »

I am looking to see a picture of each..One of a trail dog & one of a show dog PLEASE.

I am new to all this..So look for some insights PLEASE.

show dog

Post by show dog »

If you search the web for 'show' beagle you will see what a champion show dog looks like on their websites. If you look at the pictures in the contest for best looking...(dog colour) most are field dogs. You will see the differences in physical shape. If you go to a field trial and look at the dogs in person then go to a confirmation show with beagles at it, you will see the difference in person. If you handle show dogs then handle field dogs, you learn about intelligence, personality, tractability, human contact. Each are bred with a specific goal in mind, and it comes through in the way the dog walks, stands, hunts, learns, handles etc. Carolyn

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

The standard is the same for both and they should look the same. The breed has suffered by both those who have bred only for hunt instinct, and those who have bred only for correct structure. A small group of breeders are attempting to produce dogs that excell at both. This may take many generations but it is an exciting endeavor to be involved in. UKC supports the total dog philosophy. They offer programs for hunt, show, and total dogs. Good luck with your pup however he fits in. Dan
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!