Could Someone Help Me PLEASE!!

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beaglesarethebest

Could Someone Help Me PLEASE!!

Post by beaglesarethebest »

Ok I recently bought a beagle..I have a total of 3 now BUT 2 are not regestered they are just home pets.

Anywho..I resently bought #3 with the intent to use him for Hunting..Well my groomer shows dogs BUT Standard Schnazers BUT she has also groomed show beagles at some of the shows she has been too and she thinks I should give it a try with Tyke He is AKC registered and soon to be UKC.

He has come from FC parents.. Not Show dog parents..But I seen a picture of a beagle that is built and looks very simulier to Tyke

But I have seen so beagles that I thought would win and they didn't even place..

So Should I even try with him? He is only 12 wks old now

Ty for you input
Robyn

beaglesarethebest

The picture is under I couldn't stand it no more..Tykes Mother is built just like that almost looks like her if I didn't know better :)

TC

Post by TC »

All you can do is give it a whirl, some judges like that style of dog and some don't. The main thing is start training now! Get her socialized and ready to show. If you decide not to do that with her after she is 6 months the worst that could happen is you have a dog that will free stack and be very social with folks. Find a puppy handeling class in your area. Usually you can find those where there is all breed clubs. It is a great way to learn how to present your dog and get your dog socialized all in that same class. Besides you get to socialize with other folks that have the same interests as you do.

Also I might add that UKC is a friendlier atmosphere when it comes to showing your dog. I have always had a blast at their shows. Another thing is the dogs at UKC shows are owner handeled so you won't have to compete against the professional handlers that know all the tricks in the book, not to say it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn those tricks too to compete in AKC.
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Try some UKC shows to get started. Avoid signing any contracts with anyone to show your dog in AKC until you become more familiar. Start the training now. I have an excellent show beagle available to the right home. He finished his ch in one week-end but I did not register him yet since he did not go on to win ALL-Breed BEST IN SHOW. He is AKC reg. Would be a competitive show beagle but does not have the hunt necessary to fit into my breeding program. He is a house pet but has also lived some in a kennel. Dan
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I'd be interested in seeing a few stacked pictures of this puppy.
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

beaglesarethebest

OK what is Stacking? Is that where u hold his head & tail? Cause we have been working on that but he doesn't like it real well.

Any tips?

buckridge

Showing dogs

Post by buckridge »

First I would recommend you go to some handling classes yourself before going into a show ring of any kind.

Get some grooming help from someone who has show beagles, most groomers who groom from a shop, have no ideal how to groom a beagle for the show ring.

Best of Luck
Jim Bucksot
Buckridge Kennel
Greenwood In.

TC

Post by TC »

Get some grooming help from someone who has show beagles, most groomers who groom from a shop, have no ideal how to groom a beagle for the show ring.
Great advise
Now here is a way to do that! go to a couple shows Ask around for the beagle folks Most know where they are LOL Just go up and intrioduce yourself let the person or persons know that you have just got a beagle for showing and that you need some help most would be Glad to help a newcomer out But ya Gotta ask You have internet access so look up a Club even an all breed club in your area ask about the next meeting or the next show
You can also go to the AKC or UKC websites and go to upcoming events find one close in your area and Go Plan on spending the day making new Friends.
Good Luck
TC
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be