Excited about new litter

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

Cindy,,, Do you OWN Any Ugly Hounds??????????????

Crew Chief

TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Post by TOUCHSTONEBGLS »

Took Touchstone's Whimsical Dream to her first regular hunts. She just turned 1 yr old. Wanted to see if she would pack in with strange dogs and all the comotion of spectators, etc. She got her registered win. Her litter sister is looking really good now so will have her to run as soon as Dee finishes to CH. Was an excellent start. Keep gettin more excited about this litter.
Structure: The winning edge!
Hunting Beagles Bred For FORM AND FUNCTION
GRCH/GRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone
HBCH/CH Touchstone's Whimsical Dream

TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Post by TOUCHSTONEBGLS »

3rd hunt at Nova yesterday: Dee won her cast with 850 points. Scored 5 first lines, one second, one third, and did not miss any lines. Was an excellent cast with excellent dogs that ran really well together. Have a scanner now and will try to get pictures on here soon. She needs a class win on the bench and a second or better in the hunt for UKC dual CH. Don't want to start running her litter sisters till she finishes.

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

TOUCHSTONEBGLS how many rabbits did she jump?

TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Post by TOUCHSTONEBGLS »

She jumped one for sure. Possibly the one she got second strike on as well. The one she got credit for a recovery on I believe was a new jump rabbit because there was over 2 min on the clock and she was about half way between me and where the loss occurred. Guide had said there are holes over that way but the dogs were pretty far over. Just then she struck in and was moving the track and the other dogs jumped right in with her. She stays busy looking and gets in the briers to do it. At 1 yr and a few days of age she is doing a great job. Her litter sister is really catching on fast. Ran them together and the litter sister beat her. The most extreme jump dog in the litter has had very limited field time. She is the search dog deluxe but 3rd best on structure. Still better than most hunting beagles.

TOUCHSTONE

Re: Excited about new litter

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

The pup I kept from the litter is now a GRCH and a hunting beagle Ch. This year she won the UKC National Bench Show. She has excellent search and jump and is fast on the line. Uses her mouth correctly in good scenting conditions. A bit tight mouthed in extremely tough scenting conditions. Has a chop bark. She catches more rabbits than any other dog I have owned. Extremely agile and quick. Looking for a stud for her. Have one pup that is 5 mo old. The pup started running at 3 months and looks excellent physically. Looking for a stud dog for Whimsical Dream. Characteristics that are important to me in the stud: At least medium speed, strong on line control, excellent search and jump, good hound voice, and excellent conformation. GrCH HBCH Fire River Michael
Pedigree: GRCH GRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone
Ch HBCH White River Lulu
Echo Run Youre The One
GRCH Briarhill Kala Of Touchstone
Daragoj Just A Lady (Echo Run Frolicsome Fella x Daragoj Grazia)
Grazia is out of Daragoj Piece Of Gold.
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Yikes the pedigree didnt print the same as I typed it. Beau is out of Michael and Lulu
Kala is Out of Your The One and Lady. Any recomendations on continuing this bloodline toward producing a total dog would be greatly appriciated.

TC

Post by TC »

How about her uncle Joey??? ;) ;) ;)
ECHO RUN'S YOU'RE THE ONE X CH DARAGOJ JUST A LADY
He Sure throws Some Nice pups LOL
http://home.earthlink.net/~tjcrewse/id54.html
The litter We have from Him And Mizz-T are commin on Strong Plenty of Foot and Voice to boot!!!!

or how about Crewse-N-lug Nut ;)
AM CH Highgate Alfie of Applegate X UKC CH CCH Rosie's Poka-Dot Keepsake
http://home.earthlink.net/~tjcrewse/id43.html
All we would want is a female pup!!!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Do you have Joey? He was the one I tried to buy out of the litter but Bruce was keeping him. A pup sired by him out of a realy strong hunt line might just do the trick. Want to avoid using a dog with all show blood for at least one more generation. Michael has some show behind him and Kala is all show. In your opinion which male sired by Joey is the strongest in hunt traits? Has he been bred to any of the White River line that doesn't have Elvis in the pedigree (the Michael x Lulu line)? Has he been bred to any King daughters? What is Joey's hunt like? His sister Kala is an excellent track dog and is strong on search and jump but a bit too tight mouthed to suit me. Will check out your website! Thanks for the input.

TC

Post by TC »

yes We have Joey here With us..
he is a great hound his hunt Ability Was pretty much NILL when we first got him but a few trips from the kennel to our Running pen Showed us that he had the Desire...After taking a few pounds off of him LOL
He Will Site Chase and Run with the other hounds But just lacks the know how on Where to find them and Exactly how to track One up...GOOD VOICE A Area that Mizz-T was lacking...
As far as What he was bred To BEFORE we recieved Him i Dont have Any EXACT Knowledge and have not paid for a prodigy Report From AKC.
We got Joey For his Bloodline For the Echo Run and Daragoj Blood.
So Far The litter he produced For us was everything We Expected as far as SHOW We are Still Awaiting the results as far as hunt Goes but 3 of the 5 are pretty much Started now at a little over 9 mo...
I Am Sure You Will be Seeing more of them in the Future ;)
As they have just Started in Thier SHOW Carreers and as YOU well know kinda hard in this area for AKC from the bred By
You Can See some earlier photos of the litter here..
http://americanbeagler.huntingboards.co ... a&start=15
We MISSED as far as the breeding I purchased him For (Lugs Dame) but will try again next Season...
I Will be having Straws Drawn on Joey to help preserve the line..
But Lug Nut Now thats one hunting machine!!!!! :D
I think you Seen him on the bench at the McVay memorial hunt one Time ;)
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Would be great to have Joey collected. With show dogs it is easier to plan breedings and generations can go quicker. Evaluating hunt and conformation seems to take a bit longer. Would be interested in using him in the future. I don't think Bruce runs his pups so he may not have had any field time young. His sister has good hunt desire and excellent line control. Dee, her pup, has Beaus speed and great search. She follows the track to jump then once she opens she stays open on good scent. Bred her to a nicely structured dog with excellent line control and big search. At 5 months of age the pup is showing me good line control. She has speed but stays realy close in a breakdown. Starting to develope more voice. She was running track and circled her first rabbit a week over 3 months. Will get a picture of her on here next week. Looks realy good. Want to breed her to a strong hunt dog that has the Briarhill/Daragoj line on one side. The young dogs you have will be older by then. Does Mandy Bobbit have that line in her pack? Beau is AKC registered now and the rest of my dogs have been aproved and assigned a line number. Just a matter of processing now and all my dogs will be AKC registered. Hope to be included in the Triple Challenge once I have all the registrations in order. Do the dogs need to be familiar with horses to compete there?

John Lear

Post by John Lear »

Dan where are you at exactly and does "Dee" have any brothers. My best field and show cross female was stolen and I am looking for a male to use and start all over with. Is there a place to see "Beau's" picture and Ped.? I've seen a few pictures but it has been so long I don't remember and I don't think I have ever seen a pedigree. Also I have never beenfamiliar with the "Michael" line of dogs; are they A.K.C. and what are their strongest traits the good and bad ones.

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Beau was inducted into the UKC Hall of fame this year. He is an awsome rabit dog and a true total dog. The daughter (Dee) is also a true total dog. She has a sister that I inquired about but she is likely not available. I have a pup out of Dee that is looking and running excellent. She started running at one week over three months and is now circling solo at 5 months. Good foot speed, honest mouth, stays close in the check... I like her a lot! Will be repeating that breeding soon. I will attempt to get pictures of the Briarhill female. Dee, the male I bred her to, and the pup on here soon. The pup is not for sale. But the repeat breeding will hopefully produce more of the same. The pup looks so good in both hunt and structure that I allready have a list started for the repeat breeding. I also recently aquired AKC papers for my dogs wich makes the Triple Challenge a real option in the near future.
I am in NE Ohio. Michael and Lulu is one of the most famous crosses in UKC beagles. It was repeated numerous times and produced excellent hunting beagles. When I moved from Allbreed show judging and showing to the hunting beagle world Beau was the second to last litter from the cross so I have not seen many of the older dogs from the cross. Hunt traits that are exceptional include extreeme hunt desire/search and jump, Excellent speed with gears and brains to stay accurate in tough scenting conditions, honest mouth. Hard to pinpoint hunt flaws in this particular line. Maybe too competitive for the front in some cases. The physical flaws to be aware of are probably high ear sets and in some cases not enough length of ear and slightly bent front pasterns rather than strait pasterns. I would lower his ear set to be level with the eye, give him straiter front pasterns, knuckle up his feet a bit more and add a bit more angulation front and rear. The Briarhill female that I bred him too is extremely good in those areas for several generations. She also has extreeme accuracy on the line. Not fast enough to be a top competitor in UKC. The male I bred Dee to also has extreme search and jump, accuracy on the line and is above mediom speed. He is also strong on angulation bone,feet Ears pasterns and hunt traits. They are top notch rabbit dogs. You can see more about Beau in the UKC beagle classifieds and on the NHBA website under Pedigree Book.
Last edited by TOUCHSTONE on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Here is a couple of males that are available Sired by Beau. The first is out of a Branko bred female. Ombre on one side Lumberjack on the other. GRHBCH CH Touchstones Sure Shot Shiloh has 84 UKC state race points and has 2 wins towards Grand on the Bench. He was the#2 junior male last year and was only ran in the fall. He will be 2 in August. He is the best rabbit dog I have owned next to Beau. Handles excellent, outgoing temoerament but a bit of an Alpha temperament type. Not a fighter but thinks he is the top dog! Very consistent performer in the hunts. Naturally fast foot speed and check recoveries are typically the edge that puts him in the winners circle. Strong on search and jump and usually jumps rabbits reasonably close to the handlers. Handles great. Will make someone an excellent competition dog in one of the faster pace formats. As you can see he is also strong in bench competition and gaits very nicely. Some days he standsa like a rock on the bench and others he is a bit fussy. Needs some practice on bench show standing. The price is $3,500 and is not negotiable. I do need a good semi-automatic deer slug gun so a partial trade may be an option to lower the price a little.