Excited about new litter

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TOUCHSTONE

Excited about new litter

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

I am excited about my new litter. Born Jan 2. The dam is an All-Breed best in show winner. Her bloodlines have some of the greatest show dogs from the US, Austrailian and some from Finland and Denmark. She is a medium speed hound with good search and excellent line control. The sire is GrCh GrHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone. This is my first stab at producing the total dog. They only have a few ancestors in common but not a total outcross. Was fortunate to get 4 females because I wanted to get a female for my breeding program. This is not an advertisement because none of theese pups are available for sale at this time. Just excited to have a litter that has the potential to be the best of both worlds. All 4 pups and the dam are healthy and doing great. Dan
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

TC

Post by TC »

Congratulations on a nice litter, I hope they are all you are hoping for and more!

So who is the dam you used?

Once again congratulations!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

blunder

Post by blunder »

So who is the dam you used?
Ya,,, show us a ped :P
Looking forward to seeing some pics too.

tom
CH Copper Rose Nothing But Net (Patrick)
CH SweetBreez Erin Go Braugh (Peanut)
CH Windflower It's A Beautiful Day (Morgan)
CH Copper Rose Looney Tunes (Poo)
CH Seventhson's Shotgun Sophie

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Is the dam a UKC or AKC all breed BIS winner?
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Pups are doing great. Took pictures at 4 and 5 weeks standing. Will try to get pictures on here soon. will have to figure that out on another day. These pups get extremely excited over rabbit scent. The female is a UKC all-breed best in show winner. I only do AKC to championship after a dog matures. Do not campaign dogs in AKC $$$. The female is Briarhill Kala of Touchstone. She has excellent line control, strong search and jump, and is medium speed. She does not bark enough on the track so she will not be competition hunted. This is a common fault that I have seen in show dogs. The sire is GRCH/HBGRCH White River Beau of Touchstone. He is the #1 UKC All-age male hunt category winner for 2005. He was the overall winner for 2004. Won Natl.Grand Hunt Championship twice. This year he finished #2 among the show dogs. He is the best structured excellent hunting beagle that I know of. Currently there are numerous show beagles in our program that are not competitive in the hunt. Through the cooperative efforts of breeders who are developing total dogs this will become a thing of the past. A subtle program change for 2006 is a change in that direction. Will attempt to scan some pictures and the pedigree soon.

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Made a typo error on that last post. Beau was the overall challenge series hunt winner in 2003 not 2004. Dan

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Pups are 4 months old now and first one opened on a track this morning. Started barking trying to get the rabbit out of a brush pile but did some wimpering after the track went on. They arent circling rabbits yet but show great promise. I think one pup may turn out to be a 13". Some feel it is a disadvantage to trial a small hound but I believe her structure will give her the advantage she needs to be competitive. Man its a big effort working with these pups. About 10 minutes a day has them standing and leading nice for the show part but the feild training is the biggest part of the effort. Mornings like this morning make it all worth while. Dan M

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Pups are 6mo old now. Have been very busy with personal matters but have focused on the female that seems to have the greatest show potential. All 4 are exceptional but two seem to have the best structure. Of those two one has shown me greater hunt desire. She is circling rabbits solo now and gives plenty of mouth in the process. She is structurally better than dogs I have finished AKC championships on. Her 3 sisters are started but have not had the same field time. Has been a fun 6 months. More to come... One pup is not open on track yet. What do you think about buying her a San Juan rabbit to chase around? The weeds in the field behind my house are waist high now. Should probably get a couple in homes that have the time to train them rather than take a short cut like buying a san juan. Dan M Touchstone

TouchstoneBeagles

Post by TouchstoneBeagles »

Took my favorite pup (Touchstone's Whimsical Dream 7mo old) to the field with Brutus-#1 all-age male, Chase- #1 junior male, and Robin-#2 all-age female. She finished the cast in second place. She turned in an outstanding performance running with 3 great hunting beagles. Looking forward to running this show dog in 2007. She is qualified for the world show. That will be her only competition this year other than All-Breed shows. Her hunt career will start in Jan. Dan M
Structure: the winning edge!
Touchstone hunting beagles are bred for form and function.
Home of GRCH/NatlGRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone

TC

Post by TC »

Congratulations Dan, That is great!!!

Can't wait to see some of those dogs of yours!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Honey Pot Hounds

Put yer money where yer mouth is and post us some pictures! ;)
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

TouchstoneBeagles

Just got a Didital camera and will get a few pictures today or tomorrow. Then it's just a matter of learning how to get the pictures to post on here. Have been extremely busy with work, family, and the dogs. Guess posting pictures seems like a minor thing. The pups aren't for sale. Is there a way to post pictures not on digital? "DEE" , my pup, flat out pounded rabbits for about 2 hours last night and then right at the end she was running a small rabbit that gave her a tough time so I still have my work cut out. She is gaiting nicely and will free stack if I have food. Many of the UKC judges do not allow food in the ring and can't use food at the hunt bench shows, so I still have more work to do there. Her first all-breed show will be Sunday if I make it back from the World Hunt Zone Quallifier in time. Plan to take her there and have lots of fun in the ring. aT A PUPS FIRST FEW SHOWS i USUALLY OVERDO IT ON THE fUN because I like them to be eager and happy tro get into that show ring. Winning the first couple of times out is secondary to getting a strong start on a show career. Has worked well for me with beagles and other breeds as well. Dan

TouchstoneBeagles

Still can't put much money(pictures) up but I talked to a few people at the show this week-end about posting pictures. Will work on it. Here is some change I can put up- Touchstone's Whimsical Dream Won Reserve BEST IN SHOW at the Carnation City Kennel Club Show. She is 8 mo old and this was her first show. She is not well trained but stands beautifully on her own. She is a natural show dog in the rough. After the show I took her to run rabbits with a friend. My friend thought I better go change clothes before running dogs, but since it was allready 5 pm I went with the dress clothes on. Never had to kick a bush or step off the path to catch her. She jumps her own rabbits and handles real nice. She was running against the #2 junior male and would have lost by just a few points but she turned in a good performance after the travelling and all of the excitement of beeing at the show all day. Still excited about this litter.

Honey Pot Hounds

:D CONGRATULATIONS! :D

Maybe you can post that win picture and we can see you in your dress clothes too, lol!!! :lol:
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Post by TOUCHSTONEBGLS »

Got my limit of rabbits a couple of days ago in less than 3 hours with Dee running solo. She circled all the rabbits and several had to be circled more than once. I was in heavy cover and could not see em very well. A couple she ran I either did not see or did not have a good shot. Waited for good kill shots and got 4 with 4 shots. She is a true total dog. Am concerned that she is not getting any experience on frozen ground or snow. It has been unseasonably warm. I'm going to place two of the other pups from the litter. Send me an PM if you are interested. Dan
Structure: The winning edge!
Hunting Beagles Bred For FORM AND FUNCTION
GRCH/GRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone
HBCH/CH Touchstone's Whimsical Dream