Curious

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BlueIceBeagles

Post by BlueIceBeagles »

TC wrote:
I'm amazed no one else noticed the bitch puppy has the worst feet I've ever seen on a Beagle before.
Well its pretty obvious to me that you dont have a clue what your talking about LOL
But it does show just HOW MUCh you Dont know.

Its also obvious that you have never stacked a squirmin pup and after Dropping her front feet on the table from Rocking her that she was trying to get a grip I would go out andf get another pic for ya but it just aint worth the effort to try and show you that YOUR WRONG!!!!!!

TC, I'm not trying to be quarrelsome. I know I acted shamefully in the past, and I apologize to the board 'bout that but this has nothing to do with that. Honestly, I have stacked pups before and know what snots they can be sometimes, LOL LOL! But I think its different than her feet just look weird from her fussing over being stacked and shifting her weight. Is the blueticked dog on your website the daddy? He has a very obvious hare foot. Especially in the back. I'm not trying to be mean, but you did ask for opinions and I'm giving you one. IMHO, the bitch pup has splayed feet. The toes look very far apart from that pic.
Now if the folks here think I'm being quarrelsome, do what you have to do and ban me. But honestly, Windkist, Honeypot, am I right or wrong? Do her feet not look splayed in that pic? Does her sire's feet look hare footed, especially in the back?
Sorry, but I was just giving my opinion. Wasn't trying to badmouth the pup. Shes pretty and Im tempted to take her off your hands!

BlueIceBeagles

Post by BlueIceBeagles »

TC wrote:
but it just aint worth the effort to try and show you that YOUR WRONG!!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear that. I'd like to be prove wrong. You got a nice pup there and its a shame she looks splayed footed in that picture. Just take a picture of her standing naturally, you dont need to stack her or anything. Get something freestacked or just a picture of her standing around sniffin' the dirt. Why don't you prove shes not so splay footed?

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

BlueIceBeagles:

Put the CRACK PIPE DOWN! Serously. Are you out of your ever-lovin' MIND? What makes you think you can come on here and insult the dickens out of someone's dog like that and anyone take you seriously?

You wanna prove TC wrong? Post of picture of YOUR show/hunt pup. C'mon... I wanna see your dogs' feet. Hell, I wanna see YOUR feet. I haven't laughed in a long time and I'm just itchin'... I bet TC will give you something to sniff while you're posing your feet...

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

"Now if the folks here think I'm being quarrelsome, do what you have to do and ban me. But honestly, Windkist, Honeypot, am I right or wrong? Do her feet not look splayed in that pic? Does her sire's feet look hare footed, especially in the back?
Sorry, but I was just giving my opinion. Wasn't trying to badmouth the pup. Shes pretty and Im tempted to take her off your hands!"

Her feet are fine! I went back and was trying to see what your seeing but, there is nothing that you are saying that is correct. Her feet are nice and tight. The front view isn't as good but, splayed? NOWAY!!!

Leah (windkist)
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

TC

Post by TC »

BlueIce Beagles Wrote:
So liek I said, if you post or PM me another pic of her that shows her feet are good, I'll publicly apologize & take back all I said about the pups feet.
Well Personally I think this is such a nice puppy I hate to have the world to think she has splayed feet if you look closely the dark is red ticking..... NOT her toes spread out like a duck... :roll:

Image [/quote]
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

show dog

Post by show dog »

Feet look fine to me but nails are a bit long. Get to work on them sooner than later if you want to show. C arolyn

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

I have a question for Blueice,
You obviously have some conformation experience whether it be UKC or ARHA bench or you have a mentor that shows in the ring so I want to ask you this..........

Please post me a picture of what YOU consider hare foot and what YOU consider splayed foot. I aint being smart......... I am SERIOUS!!!!!!! There are thousands of beagle photo's on the web I am SURE you can find a dog with each. You can even crop out the whole dog with the exception of the feet as not to embarrass the dog owner. (heck, you might pick one of mine, LOL)
Also, you mentioned that you had tried to contact show breeders to stud to your female.............can we see a picture of her? If not, WHY? You can crop out everything but the dog so you can remain anonymous if thats what you prefer........
Lets see what you have to say?
Don't squat with your spurs on!

BlueIceBeagles

Post by BlueIceBeagles »

Well, TC, I said I woul dpublicly apologize if you proved the pup didn't have no splay feet, and from the other set of pics you re posted its OBVIOUS this pup DOESNT got splay feet. I'm very sorry for any problems that caused you. But from these new pics you can see her feet better and she has very nice tight feet. so I apologize for saying her feet were bad.

Southern Beagles; I'll post pics of my bitchs feet if you want to see them. Shes all field breeding. She has cat feet but longer that is wanted in the show ring. How do you post pictures here? I can also tell you that a hare foot is a longer foot where the two front toes stick out while in a hare foot all the toes are compact from the front view. A true splay foot is when the toes are spread apart.

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

BlueIceBeagles wrote:TC, those pups got really nice heads but I'm amazed no one else noticed the bitch puppy has the worst feet I've ever seen on a Beagle before. Is she being kept on wire or anything like that? Both her front and back feet are frontally compact but her toes are spread eagle! That pups gonna have trouble with stamina later on. She's real beautiful and stands like a showdog but her feet are splayed.
No ne else "noticed" because the female pup does not have splay feet!!! They are very noticable, ugly toes which protrude severely and are also usually detached, single digits that have spread out. That puppy has a normal foot with shadowing on a few of the toes, not to mention beign stacked is the last place she wants to be ;) If anything throws off the look, it could be that she's digging her feet in. But honestly, they just don't appear to be incorrect at all to me.
That pup is gorgeous & one of the most well built hounds with such an abundance of field breeding in her pedigree that I've seen in a very long time :D