New Male, Worth Trying to start?

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Larry G

New Male, Worth Trying to start?

Post by Larry G »

Ch Shaw's Spirit of the Chase

Ch Kahootz Chase Manhattan

Ch Just-Wright Run to You

Pup

Ch Dreams of Financial Wizard

Dreams of Red, White N No Blue

Ch Wishing Well's Dreams of
Hi-Tech

He's about 7 months now, so I need to get after it If I'm going to try. Thought some of you might have tried similar blood.

Windkist

Re: New Male, Worth Trying to start?

Post by Windkist »

Larry G wrote:Ch Shaw's Spirit of the Chase

Ch Kahootz Chase Manhattan

Ch Just-Wright Run to You

Pup

Ch Dreams of Financial Wizard

Dreams of Red, White N No Blue

Ch Wishing Well's Dreams of
Hi-Tech

He's about 7 months now, so I need to get after it If I'm going to try. Thought some of you might have tried similar blood.
Can you send a picture? You can't really tell by just a pedigree alone but, on paper it looks nice.

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

I have some pic's, but I need to pick out an image hosting site in order to post on this board. Any suggestions? The one I used before, Ofoto, has gone out of business I think.

The yak on here is that the Echo Run stuff will run a rabbit, but the other lines in this dog's ped may or may not. I have a friend who bred his FC bitch to a big name FC male and got some pups that wouldn't start. The ones that did, I wouldn't feed. At least mine is pretty to look at.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Larry, try PhotoBucket, Snapfish, or just Google search for "free photo hosting."

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Yes thats a typical show dog pedigree...now let us see your doggie ;)
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

blunder

Post by blunder »

best free photo host is "hunt 101"

Uploads real fast, but they do have a size limit

http://www.hunt101.com/img/377477.jpg

tom
CH Copper Rose Nothing But Net (Patrick)
CH SweetBreez Erin Go Braugh (Peanut)
CH Windflower It's A Beautiful Day (Morgan)
CH Copper Rose Looney Tunes (Poo)
CH Seventhson's Shotgun Sophie

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

I finally got around to uploading some pic's. I've decided from watching the pup play and use his nose that he deserves a chance to be a rabbit hound. Not getting any hopes up that he can match my field stock, though! :P

Imagehttp://www.hunt101.com/img/439667.jpg

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

Sorry, just getting the hang of this... beeeeen quite a while since i did any HTML

mooredog

pup

Post by mooredog »

Larry he sure is a fine looking pup ! Hope he does well for you ! Love the ears and that great tail ! He sure is sharp !
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

That is one good looking little hound! :cool:

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

Thanks, I'll post how he does as a hunting dog. Anyone wanting to breed to a show type male see my ad in the trade section.

Honey Pot Hounds

He looks like fine AKC show prospect material to me!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Cindy
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

I'm a bit nonplussed, but ain't giving up. I took a pup from my show/field breeding to an AKC licensed field trial yesterday, and was quite pleased that he made winner's pack (SPO) and just kinda ran out of gas on a warm day or might have placed. Aha! Surely he will win the bench, as he is just as fine a specimen as the pup in the pics. Alas, as I have said before, the SPO bench judges hardly know one end of the dog from the other, and I had to settle for 3rd. I could only shake my head as the 2 above me looked like bowlegged weenie dogs with question marks for tails. So guys and gals, don't get your hope up and try not to giggle at what beats ya!

Honey Pot Hounds

That kind of poor judging happens to all of us in the AKC conformation ring now and then too ;)
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

Yes, it is all a matter of opinion and there is no sure thing unless the competition is fixed, which sometimes happens. I'm positive that was not the case at that event, though, because the judge and i know each other pretty well, we run dogs together and I have one here that came from his place and he likes one he got from me. I trust his honesty 100%, he just likes a different type dog than I do which is why they make 37 flavors of ice cream.

Soon's I get a chance I'll post some pic's of the great little field bitch he sold me (ugly as sin :roll: ) and my contribution to the kennel blindness syndrome that seems to affect so many of us. ;)