Dual Sired Litter

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BrewerMo

Dual Sired Litter

Post by BrewerMo »

All parents DNA are on file with AKC. Pups are here now, so whats my next step?
Thanks, Ryan

J.C. Blair

Re: Dual Sired Litter

Post by J.C. Blair »

Who were the sires, you and cordell??? :lol:
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

TC

Post by TC »

Here ya Go Brew
http://www.akc.org/dna/multisire.cfm

Just Hope they are all outa the Same Daddy!!!!
First thing I would do is make sure you can identify Each pup Write down thier markings Ect or mark them in Some way to Identify which is which then get the kit Swab em and send it off....

I am Pretty Sure that since the parents are already DNA ed that all you have to do is send off the kit for the pups

1.Obtain AKC DNA test kits for all potential sires, dam and all puppies.

2.Collect and submit the DNA samples for the sires, dam and all puppies. Samples are collected using a painless, non-invasive cheek swab and can be returned via US Mail, Fed Ex, or other express mail.

3.If the two (or more) possible sires are related (or just have similar genotypes), additional markers may be required to determine correct parentage of one or more pups. In this case, more testing would be required for the sires, dam and the necessary pups. The cost for additional testing is $20 per dog. AKC has been able to determine the correct sire in every such case to date, with the use of additional markers. Processing usually takes 6 to 8 weeks, but can take longer if some samples contain insufficient amounts of cheek cells to produce a genotype or if extra markers are required.

4.After the DNA testing is complete, DNA Profiles for each dog tested will be sent to the owner, and there are two options to choose from concerning the parentage evaluation. First, the breeder may utilize the DNA profiles and the accompanying explanatory worksheet to perform the parentage evaluation him/herself. The second option is to complete and submit an AKC Parentage Evaluation Request Form. With the proper signatures, the AKC will evaluate the parentage and report the results in writing, cost is $40.00.

5.When the correct parentage is determined, submit the appropriate litter registration application. If all puppies are sired by one dog, then a regular AKC Litter Registration Application is used (cost is $25 plus $2 per puppy). If the litter has two or more sires, then the Multiple-Sired Litter Registration Application is used. An additional fee of $200 is required, plus the normal registration fees for each sire/pup combination. For example: a litter with 2 puppies from one sire and 3 puppies from a second sire would therefore cost $200 plus $29 for litter one and $31 for litter two = $260 total. These fees are in addition to the DNA processing costs
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

BrewerMo

Post by BrewerMo »

What I don't understand is, what to do with the pup's DNA swabs. Do I send them in without a litter registration? or do they have a litter registration form for dual sired litters. I can't just send in a DNA sample without the paperwork that comes in the kit filled out.. :?:
I am also taking donations for this litter.............LOL :thumbsup:

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

TC

Post by TC »

Brew
From what I understand is since you already have all involved Dogs DNAd all you would need to do is send in the DNA kit for each pup.
IE DNA profiling
DNA Profiling may be used to determine the correct sire of a litter before registering that litter, such as in cases where the dam was exposed to more than one male during her season. Additionally, the AKC can register litters with more than one sire. Follow this link for more information about this policy.
here is the link explaining it.
http://www.akc.org/dna/certify.cfm

you Would then be able to compare the results with the DNA from the males to see which is the father....
If nothin else and your still not Sure Call em!!!
AKC DNA Operations
PO Box 37904
Raleigh, NC 27627-7904
phone: 919-816-3508
fax: 919-816-4255
e-mail: dna@akc.org
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Beaglebrit

Post by Beaglebrit »

So this is about..."WHO"S YER DADDY" not a Dual Champinon sired litter?
Betsy

BrewerMo

Post by BrewerMo »

If both the dogs were Champions would it not still be about who's your daddy?......LMAO :nod:

BrewerMo

Post by BrewerMo »

Thanks for the information guys.
Ryan Brewer

thornie

Post by thornie »

Not to take anything from this post, but after reading TC post,about the cost, what if your dog was UKC registered and you payed in it also, what would you think the price for one pup would be? Just an honest question.
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

blunder

Post by blunder »

And here I was hoping for "Dual Champion" sired litter :ashamed:
CH Copper Rose Nothing But Net (Patrick)
CH SweetBreez Erin Go Braugh (Peanut)
CH Windflower It's A Beautiful Day (Morgan)
CH Copper Rose Looney Tunes (Poo)
CH Seventhson's Shotgun Sophie