UKC Dual Purpose Bred Pup

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagled1

UKC Dual Purpose Bred Pup

Post by Beagled1 »

This was our best overall pup in the litter, but Lord knows I don't need another male from this bloodline :shock: lol He is out of an AKC/UKC show CH. bitch (she is CH. in both registries) OFA "normal" cardiac/patellas. The sire is out of my breeding. Mostly Branko/Blue Banks Pleaser, Ace in the Hole & a touch of Gay breeding on his side. Both are field broke rabbit dogs, the bitch is all show bred but puts my hounds to shame :oops:
Thought you guys might like to see!

FYI, this little guy is available <EG>

TC

Re: UKC Dual Purpose Bred Pup

Post by TC »

Very nice!!! Well Done.
Gonna make Someone a good one......
Hmmmmmm Lady on UKC board looking for a Good Show prospect puppy.
I Will Give her the link. ;) ;)
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

JesandDeb

Post by JesandDeb »

WOOSH.....a beautiful pup! :)

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

Thanks guys :D

I was so torn about this little guy ... we have 3 other males from this bloodline, and with feed going up, and space limits, I just couldn't keep him. Will be keeping his sister tho, but he was really the better of the two. Would love more than anything to see him do what he was bred for. If he's anything like his momma, he's going to kick rabbit @$$!!!

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

He's a BEAUTIFUL pup!!
If he were only a she...... :roll:

If he's better than the others of that line that you kept maybe you could make room? Pet out, or sell, a different one?
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

Honey Pot Hounds wrote:He's a BEAUTIFUL pup!!
If he were only a she...... :roll:

If he's better than the others of that line that you kept maybe you could make room? Pet out, or sell, a different one?

Cindy, awww, thanks!!! :biggrin: We had to spay his momma during her c-sec (looong story, horrible Vets) so this was her first and only litter for us. So I really had only once chance to get a girl out of her ... If I can't find a good show or other performance home for him, I'll have no other choice but to keep him back, too. Sometimes I make exceptions and sell good ones as pets when the right home comes along but this boy is really nice. I don't want this guy getting his balls cut off, lol :blush:

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have to ask this question....Why would you place a nice DUAL bred puppy like this into a show home? If you do that, you will never know what he can do in the field. I made it a rule several years ago to never sell to a pet (or show only) home, since I want to know how mine turn out in the field. The real purpose for crossing field and show lines is to pick up conformation for field work, right? Something to think about....

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

Beagle Huntsman wrote:Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have to ask this question....Why would you place a nice DUAL bred puppy like this into a show home? If you do that, you will never know what he can do in the field. I made it a rule several years ago to never sell to a pet (or show only) home, since I want to know how mine turn out in the field. The real purpose for crossing field and show lines is to pick up conformation for field work, right? Something to think about....

Not offended at all ... you're absolutely right. I don't want to compromise on this one & will not sell him as a pet. Ideally I'd like to get him in a home where he can do it all. Because there really is no point in crossing show lines to field & vice versa if the pups out of the pairing don't get hunted with. On that note, I'd be happy to have him go to a show home only because I think if someone worked with him, he could get a championship, and that also speaks well of the breeding. Proves that there was improvement over the last generation. But no, I would prefer him to be hunted with, I think he is going to turn out to be a better rabbit dog than a show dog, IMO.

JesandDeb

Post by JesandDeb »

Beagled1 wrote:
Beagle Huntsman wrote:Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have to ask this question....Why would you place a nice DUAL bred puppy like this into a show home? If you do that, you will never know what he can do in the field. I made it a rule several years ago to never sell to a pet (or show only) home, since I want to know how mine turn out in the field. The real purpose for crossing field and show lines is to pick up conformation for field work, right? Something to think about....

Not offended at all ... you're absolutely right. I don't want to compromise on this one & will not sell him as a pet. Ideally I'd like to get him in a home where he can do it all. Because there really is no point in crossing show lines to field & vice versa if the pups out of the pairing don't get hunted with. On that note, I'd be happy to have him go to a show home only because I think if someone worked with him, he could get a championship, and that also speaks well of the breeding. Proves that there was improvement over the last generation. But no, I would prefer him to be hunted with, I think he is going to turn out to be a better rabbit dog than a show dog, IMO.
This is where I get confused.....Our beagles have ALWAYS been our pets....yet get hunted with..... Just not for ribbons :???: . Our "Jack" with the strong Pearson line had it all....and even with our other 2 back then that were side tracked by other game at times(we were young and unskilled), still hunted rabbit and did what they loved to do. The new pup will be great out there, I can see it and feel it.....so what about the "personal gun dog" :?: :???:....AKA know as a rabbit dog?

Honey Pot Hounds

I placed a real nice show prospect puppy bitch (below) in a show home where the husband hunts also. They may be interested in your boy too. Email me pics and details at honeypothounds@aol.com if you are interested in talking ;)
AM CAN CH Lanbur's Curly Joe X AM CH Buckridge Penny For Your Thoughts
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

Cindy ... sent you an e-mail!

BTW, I LOVE that little girl pupper out of Joe :D

Honey Pot Hounds

Beagled1 wrote:Cindy ... sent you an e-mail!

BTW, I LOVE that little girl pupper out of Joe :D
I copied your email to the folks...they own the little girl pupper in the picture....if they can handle another hound I'm sure they will get in touch with you :)
Best of luck, he is a beauty!
Cindy
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!