Grooming - HELP!

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Van-Mar Beagles

Re: Grooming - HELP!

Post by Van-Mar Beagles »

Honey Pot Hounds wrote:Agree with everything you wrote Chels. Also thanks for describing the stripping action :moon: :lol: I was trying to think of how to describe that but I got tired and felt like I had probably already given her enough info for one post ;)
Your Marti is an exceptionally nice beagle...easy and fun to groom because she is so beautiful to begin with...every Beagle is a little different and can use a little creative styling depending on what you have to work with, or not :roll:
Aww thanks Cindy for your kind remarks on Marti. That is very sweet of you!

Beagled- I usually take a 9 blade to the rear and lightly go over "just to take the scragglies off". It would be a center line down the rear inner thigh. You will see the line I am talking about where the edging of the hair meets up and frills out. Also be sure to thin down the curly-q's too! ;) BEST of luck, be sure to let us know how ya do.
VAN-MAR BEAGLES

Ch. Just-Wright No Way