Snoopy johnny j

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

foxxy

Snoopy johnny j

Post by foxxy »

This is snoopy Johnny
Attachments
0120091513[1].jpg
0120091513[1].jpg (120.61 KiB) Viewed 2572 times
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Honey Pot Hounds

Re: Snoopy johnny j

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

He's "sinking" on you. If you are going for bench wins work him on that table some more with lots of positive reinforcement and treats.
Also remember, if you are pulling his tail and head up he is going to resist by sinking...something about dogs, if we push them one way they tend to push back the other so you have to remember that and use it to your advantage. You can gently just push his tail up more than pull it and poke him (not too hard) on the underbelly to encourage him to rise up out of that godawful crouch. Believe me, the show bred beagles do this same stuff too, in the beginning. Getting any dog to stack on the table takes a lot of work. ;)

If you can train your hunting hounds to stack you will easily be winning benchs because if you look at the typical lineup of field bench contestant in the American Beagler you will see 90% horrible stack jobs. Tails grabbed and pulled every direction, all the dogs slinking and looking like they want to be anywhere else...Watch those Sundown boy's...I can pick them out of a field lineup a mile away! They have very nice hounds but they have it extra easy cuz they are about the only field beaglers (besides T.C. and a FEW others) who know how to stack a beagle, they train, practise, and they groom ;) We all have our role models. If I were a field beagler they would be on the guys that I would try to emulate :nod:
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

hoosierhillskennel

Post by hoosierhillskennel »

The Dogs better Looking than the handler though you gotta give em that hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The Talk Stops When The Tailgate Drops!!!"

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

now thats not funny :moon:
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

buckridge

Post by buckridge »

Remember the dog has to have good conformation in order to stack... if the structure is not there you can not stack your dog.
He or she just can not stand when held in a proper stack position, no matter what you do.
Jim Bucksot
Buckridge Kennel
Greenwood In.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

i was just showing the dog to a feller he wanted to see a pic of him
i do have one or two i would like to try and bench but i have no idea how to
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey