Saw Mill River Kennel Club

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagled1

Saw Mill River Kennel Club

Post by Beagled1 »

Well, just got back from my first AKC show @ the Saw Mill River KC in White Plains, NY - and what an experience!!!

EVERYONE from the ring steward to the judge to the other exhibitors both in this breed and the few I met back in the grooming room from other breeds - they were just SOOOO helpful to a newb who didn't even have her armband on the correct arm :blush: lol. A very well known, well respected breeder was there and I just cannot tell you how grateful I am to her for all her advice & encouragement. She really made my day there, made me feel welcome :biggrin:

When all was said and done, this was an awesome experience. Indy was shown in the open class and took first prize :nod: I seriously need to work on my grooming AND handling skills, however ... SERIOUSLY. lol. The dog knew what he was doing, I was a mess!

Just wanted to share w/ the group, since this was such a great day out!

TC

Re: Saw Mill River Kennel Club

Post by TC »

Beagled1,

Glad you had a good time at the show! They are addictive.... Can't just go to one ya know....
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I'm so glad that you had a great time :)
Keep coming back, you'll learn quickly.
Congrats on the 1st!!
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

TC

Post by TC »

Honeypot you are a better reader then I am I didn't catch that Beagled1 got a first!
Congratulations gal way to go! :dance: :dance: :dance:
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

Thanks guys :D

Addictive doesn't even begin to describe it, lol! Had only ever done UKC bench, so was a little intimidated about doing the "real" AKC conformation shows. So glad I went, though! I think poor Indy has had it with showing but I'm hoping to get some pups out of him this year to show ...