my recent CH

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

billfosburgh

my recent CH

Post by billfosburgh »

here is my female i finnished in April[img]
UKCRabbitBench_Hunt3-28-09004.jpg
(17.89 KiB) Downloaded 2246 times
[/img]
CH HBCH Gotta Go Freakin Deacon
CH Andrea`s Cry Baby Emma
CCH Mtn. Views Art of Deception (Sly)
LP B CH LPRCH Big Country`s Mo JO

TC

Re: my recent CH

Post by TC »

Congratulations she is a pretty little hound!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Bill
She is beautiful, really put together! Which female is this? Is this Emma?
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

yup, its emma. been working on her everyday. trying to get ready for the ukc world hunt & show. gaiting is my downfall right now. she just will not hold her head up.

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Congratulations. Nice hound! Getting a hunting beagle to gait on a loose lead is a challenge. Beagles are typically willing to please. The trick is having her learn what is expected. I recomend using a show lead for show training. If you don't have one try some of the pet supply shops. Or to get started you can simply use a piece of rope with a loop tied on both ends and place a rubber washer over one loop so that you can slip the loop over her head and then slide the washer down so that she can't slip out. Flat ribbon rope 3/8 inch wide works great. Need to get her to focus on you. Food may work for that. In stead of just walking her in a strait line try changing directions every few steps. A few steps one way and turn around and go the opposite direction. Turn right, turn left, .... That will help her learn to focus on you. Use a quick pop on the leash and lots of praise and encouragement. Keep the lead all the way up on her neck. Reach down in front and pull the lead all the way up to the base of her head. If the leash is too far down on the neck it is difficult to control the position of her head. Avoid a constantly tight lead. A slight jerk and release is better than a constantly tight lead. Lots of praise and encouragement is important to the process. Several short 5-10 min training sessions a day is better than a long training session. Best of luck with her. Keep us posted.
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

Dan, i did get my show lead i ordered, should have used you nylon cord advice. $22.00 for a lead that is no better than one i could have made for $1. she is getting better but its slow. i`m doing the short 5 ft. turnarounds like you suggested. i`ll call ya this weekend

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

It realy is crazy what they get for the show leads. I just baught some ribbon rope, rubber washers, fabric glue, and upholstery thread and am making a bunch to sell. Will only have about 6 or 7 dollars into each one and they will be better than most you could buy.
Plenty of time to get ready for the World Show! Once she figures it out she will do fine.
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Is this the female? :D :D
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

sanfordssj, no this isnt her. didnt you get the pics i sent you? sent them 2 days ago.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

That is a nice looking female! How old she and whats her pedigree look like? You are showing her ukc, are you running her in the field?
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

she is out of Sundown Running Reb x Sundown Black Sugar Bear. yes i`m hunting & showing her in UKC. she was CH in 3 shows. she is qualified for the UKCWORLD HUNT &SHOW she will be hunted & shown there. she is a nice hound we have had some fun with her. i`m hoping to finish her HBCH before the World. she is 3 years old