my 1st conformation show

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

billfosburgh

my 1st conformation show

Post by billfosburgh »

went to my 1st conformation show yesterday. little different than what i`m used to. they had 2 shows going on at the same time, i entered both, did ok i guess, got 2 1st places & 2 best female but i got beat up pretty good in the group competition by a dashhound. all in all it was a good experience, especially for my 7 year old daughter. she is hooked, wants me to sign her up for the junior handler program, which ill do this week.lot of dogs & Emma was pretty nervous, she`s only been at bench shows at the hunts but she finally settled down after a while. she didnt know what to think with all them dogs sniffin her butt. sure are some interesting folks around them shows.
CH HBCH Gotta Go Freakin Deacon
CH Andrea`s Cry Baby Emma
CCH Mtn. Views Art of Deception (Sly)
LP B CH LPRCH Big Country`s Mo JO

mooredog

Re: my 1st conformation show

Post by mooredog »

Great job Bill !
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

TC

Post by TC »

Congrats Bill!!
Glad to See you Get Emma out there. Wont be long and We will have another CCH to Compete against..
I Can See it now STAR, Emma, Whoopin up on the CCH Class
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

i dont know, that weeener dog hurt Emma1s feelings i think, did mine anyway. all in all i learned a lot. judges were very nice, explained themselves & i think they were very knowlegable . the weener dog actually belongs to the person that talked me in to going. her husband shows it so they have group competition. i guess not too many hounds show up some times.
i had a good time, met some nice people, & will probably go again. there were 7 groups, looked like the largest group was German Sheperds, must have been 20 of them buggers. all white ones. i`ll probably show up at a show with you guys sometime if there is one close enough , i`m gonna have to set some limits cause my 7 year old is hooked!!. guess i`m gonna start looking around for her a decent hound. maybe i`ll come up with one when i breed Emma in the spring

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Way to go Bill :!: Those Weiner dogs are tough, they will chew your Ankle clean off :nod:
The show we went to the one and only Bassett was cleaning up on everybody, I guess we need some shorter legged Dawgs Bill! LOL
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

i would have rather been beat by a bassett hound. its a nice weener dog but a basset would have been easier to swollow :lol: :lol:

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Great to hear, especially about your daughter!! We need young blood to keep our conformation sporting alive too :D
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

billfosburgh wrote: its a nice weener dog but a basset would have been easier to swollow :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmm...not sure i quite agree with you there Bill...LOL!!!! :lol:
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

hey, thanks everyone. my daughter is still pumped up. she`s always been my dog kid. she is out in the kennel all the time. she plays with the pups when we have them. thats how i bought Emma, my oldest daughter always hunted with me so i told her she could pick any pup she wanted & we brought Em home. now she`s at BYU & only hunts between semesters . i made Annabelle my 7 year old the same deal. she wants her own show dog. i told her the JR. handler program is about her Knowledge & not the pretty dog but she insists on a good dog of her own to take, so i guess i`ll be on the hunt for another puppy unless i can hold her off untill i breed Emma. just not sure what to breed her to yet. wont breed till spring anyway, dont want gun season messed up.

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

Ya might want to consider Coal Bill. He's got the looks and the hunt. That Lugnut hound TC has is a nice looking hound as well, and from what I hear, he doesn't do to bad in the field either.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

Coal is at the top of my list. talked to Kevin @ Norms the nite i dropped Hanna & pups off.

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

Can't wait to see what my pups out of him are gonna look like! I'm hoping for a female with his looks. Two more weeks!
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)