What lead do i use?

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sanfordssj

What lead do i use?

Post by sanfordssj »

My daughter is going to be showing a few pups in some upcoming hunts. The problem i'm having is getting them to keep their head up when she gates them. What type of collar does everyone use?

thanks,
Steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

TC

Re: What lead do i use?

Post by TC »

If I don't have a show lead I will clip the clip at the top of the collar that will assist in holding the head up. I like the nylon show lead that is an all in one with a slip loop at the very end and has a swivel prior to the collar. portion of the slip lead. Get a shorter lead, So that you don't have to wad as much up in your hand this way the dog must stay a tad in front of you or at your side. To much lead less control. http://www.dog-training.com/wcnyloncollar.htm this is the type of collar I use I think they are 16" you can use a clip lead with these or the swivel lead, another good lead is the martingale.

Good Luck...
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

sanfordssj

Re: What lead do i use?

Post by sanfordssj »

thanks!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy