Show CH Male @ Stud

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagled1

Show CH Male @ Stud

Post by Beagled1 »

Have only used this male once, with a field bred bitch -- we had seven healthy pups, most were sold to pet homes, two (including the one I kept back) have been used as personal gundogs. Bitch pup I kept back is now about 1yr, well started, especially considering she is hardly ever run anymore :oops: She is a fast speed, a little sloppy on the line but was improving last I had her out... she tends to occasionally overrun her nose but her dam did that when she was immature. Almost every pup in this litter was showable in AKC and/or UKC and he fixed most of my dual purpose bloodline's conformation issues in one breeding. Pups had outstanding temperaments, as well. Everyone healthy, no issues, major or minor, reported thus far.

"Indy" is nearly 7yrs old but in extremely robust health. He has been tested for MLS and is N/MLS (an unaffected carrier) so only N/N show girls need apply. Otherwise, his health is excellent. Has been started on hare as an older dog and also showed much interest and great potential to the point of being competitive w/ my field bred hounds. Have continued to show him on a very limited basis and he has continued to place :D Am slacking off on my own breeding program for the time being but have found with him my own ideal hound. He is tractable, intelligent, healthy, correct breed temperament, is an upper med speed with lots of desire and excellent conformation.

We are happy to stud him out to show bitches or to *serious* dual purpose kennels. Have included an old pic of the bitch pup we kept back from him (more of his pup's pics available upon request). He throws both red/white & tri-color. Link to Indy's pic/pedigree below:
(Am located in the NYC area, btw)

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dogs/be ... 28933.html

Indy's Pup w/ Branko bred bitch:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/houndmusic/3880637320/

TC

Re: Show CH Male @ Stud

Post by TC »

Long time no see you on here! That is a very nice male you have up for stud, wish we was closer would take a female for sure to him. Hope all is well with you up there in NY... Like that red and white pup you kept too. You sure are doing good with the line.

JC
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

TC wrote:Long time no see you on here! That is a very nice male you have up for stud, wish we was closer would take a female for sure to him. Hope all is well with you up there in NY... Like that red and white pup you kept too. You sure are doing good with the line.

JC

Hi! :bigsmile: Great to see you around, too!!! Was thinking of you as we just had Bunny spayed last week, unfortunately. I would have loved pups out of her but in the end the poor girl was just too small (she is a whopping 13.5lbs) for me to go ahead and breed her. Practically every male was too large for her. She's a spoiled little thing tho and is right here at my feet while I'm typing this :) She didn't turn out for breeding but we still can't thank you both enough for her. I had some health issues during these past several months and she was always curled up right under my armpit the entire time, lol.

Hope everything is fine with you guys in KY -- you are lucky if you're getting a break from the rotten heat wave we've had up here. Ugh. Has not been fun...

~ Chris

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Chris
He looks good maybe We could have him come down for a Ky tour to visit the girls.

~Gregg
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best