Extreme hunt and more ... Which lines have it ???

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JUDE

Extreme hunt and more ... Which lines have it ???

Post by JUDE »

Which show or show/cross bloodlines are showing super hard , extreme hunt ? No matter what some say I refuse to think you can't have the total package .

Heres my list of want to achieve :

1. Hard hard hunt & jumping ability (hunting & jumping ability is my most desireable quality in a beagle)
2. Beauty (nice and straight all over , ears that lay flat not crimped or folded looking) , (blockiness of head not as important as the ears)
3. Brains
4. Line control (not slow but controlled)
5. Fairly close check work
6. Good nose but not mouthy
7. Good loud mouth
8.14-15 inch hounds
9. Stamina
10. Trustworthy enough to know my 8 yr old can control them with verbal commands (she's a dog person and very mature about it)

Please no arguments or negative comments on this post ... If you have something bad to say please send it through PM or keep it to yourself .

Please don't assume you know my thoughts or where I want to go with this or how quickly . I don't look to achieve greatness just a beagle that I can be extremely proud to own .

If you don't have any experience with show or show/cross hounds please don't try to help . I'm stupid enough without blind help .

thanks for reading .

littlewoody

Re: Extreme hunt and more ... Which lines have it ???

Post by littlewoody »

Woodpoint beagles i hope this helps or sundown beagles.
TheJohnBirchSociety

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

Here you go Jude ! and she is in northern Ky. Come watch her run ! Give Tracy Crewse a call he also has some nice hunt / show crosses 270-273-5532 The only problem with this type of dog is finding someone that wants to sell them !
All- Star is the UKC Total dog for 2011

Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

crowtown kennel

Post by crowtown kennel »

My molly dog. Just made a really similar cross. Cant wait for pups. Molly is a freak of nature! I will put her against anything! Extreme hunt on the run whether its 10 below and snow or 90 degrees she has won in the field. she is very fast with nice control and I still am not sure where her stamina quits! LOL Has the brains to go with it! I quit showing her once she made grch. I just dont trial much anymore. BTW......she is also a grhbch. Anyone is welcome to come run with her. She has a litter of pups on her right now though.

BTW... Congrats on winning the UKC total dog award!!!!
GRCH GRHBCH Hunter Run Molly
GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
Crowtowns Emma
Gabbys Blue Ace of Crowtown
Hurricanes Red Irish Rose
No Luck VA Voodoo of Crowtown
CH Adams Beth

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

Thanks Marc !
I have seen Molly go in Extreme heat and she does have Extreme hunt and no quit ! She is a very nice female !
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

TC

Post by TC »

Awww heck Thanks Mooredog But i aint got Nuthin just some ol potlickers....
CONGRATS on the TOTAL DOG She is ONE NICE FEMALE For sure!!! if yer ever lookin to breed her i just might have what yer lookin For!!
i have told Jude to come on Down and i would cut a couple loose See if they can jump a rabbit or Two LOL
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Thanks everyone I appreciate all your help . I'm hoping to breed dogs that I'm 100% satisfied with , if it be the
will of God .
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

TC

Post by TC »

JUDE wrote:Thanks everyone I appreciate all your help . I'm hoping to breed dogs that I'm 100% satisfied with , if it be the
will of God .
Guess Right there would be MY problem I Aint never had any I was 100% satisfied with!! But i have bred for what i thought would make the best of the ones I have Breeding towards a goal. Like I said Buddy I may not have what your looking for but your more than welcome to come take a look.. Give me a Call sometime we can Talk Dogs and i might be able to send ya in the right direction..
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Thanks TC I really appreciate that . I wish you were closer to home but hopefully I can make it out your
way some day . Your hounds look awesome and I'd love to see them in person . I know no hounds are
100% or perfect and what satisfies me may not satisfy someone else . I just want to set a goal to be
able to breed what I'm happy with in a high percentage . I believe you guys have something good going
on in the world of beagling . The way people handle themselves goes a long way with me too :cool:

Buddy

cornfed

Post by cornfed »

I made a nice cross that goes back on dingus top and yellow creek on bottom that in my book.........is producing the whole package

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

Buddy, this is a good discussion. So glad everyone is keeping it positive. ROWCO has a vision for real deal running hounds with show quality conformation and general looks. BTW we don't think we are anywhere near "THERE" but it is sure nice to try. Bobby

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Rowco Beagle Kennels wrote:Buddy, this is a good discussion. So glad everyone is keeping it positive. ROWCO has a vision for real deal running hounds with show quality conformation and general looks. BTW we don't think we are anywhere near "THERE" but it is sure nice to try. Bobby
Thanks Bobby , I'm a long long way away too but any improvent is a step in that direction . I've found these guys to be great to talk with and commited to creating a complete beagle . Be sure to view some of thier hounds and thier pedigrees .
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

wired up

Post by wired up »

You can't go wrong with Blue ninja blood line it seams like it crosses with anything just do a little research on the ninja crosses and you will C what i mean