Top show lines

Beagles in Show. Whether your beagle shows full-time in the ring or part-time at the field trials, this forum can be helpful and informative for those seeking better conformation in their beagles, and presenting them at their best to the judge.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sanfordssj

Top show lines

Post by sanfordssj »

Outside of world show champion smooth movie elvis who has now produced 4 generations of UKC world champions what other line is also doing it? I have a female out of Leroy and I'm taking my time to find another TOTAL dog female to have in my kennel to breed Jeep to. White River and Sundown lines are the two that stand out, but what else is out there that I should be looking at? Looking for a little education on this.

Thanks,
Steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

crowtown kennel

Re: Top show lines

Post by crowtown kennel »

Steve, get with Gregg or Paul Moore (Moore beagles) they don't trial much but do hunt their dogs. If they entered their hounds they would have wrldch's!!!!!!
GRCH GRHBCH Hunter Run Molly
GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
Crowtowns Emma
Gabbys Blue Ace of Crowtown
Hurricanes Red Irish Rose
No Luck VA Voodoo of Crowtown
CH Adams Beth

TC

Post by TC »

Just because we Quit UKC Dont mean we are out LOL
just because they Win on the Bench Dont make em SHOW Dogs LMAO doing it on the bench AND in the Show ring is a lot harder than folks think! try it!! Now Find one that Will win on the bench and at the Show ring and hunt too!! Now your on the right track........Anybody can breed a Show dog to get looks but try to maintain the hunt as well as the conformation thats the key..Greg and Paul Know Talk to em. And let me know if ya wanna Book a female We will Work with ya!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

I ended up buying a female out of Leroy, so if she doesnt have enough hunt, or mouth i will be looking for another one. TC and Gregg are the top people on my list to get pups from :D
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Leroy is sired by GRCH GRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone. Beau was also bred to GRCH Briarhill Kala Of Touchstone. Kala had excellent search and Jump and excellent line control but was medium speed and did not open until the rabbit was up. Bred to Beau the pups have excellent speed and search but lacked quality hound voice and 2 did not stay continually open on track. They did not run completely silent but not enough quality voice to suit me. Seems common in the show lines. Intense hunt desire. Touchstone's whimsical dream was the one out of the litter that got my priority time. Dee was Best Of Opposite sex to Leroy at the world and she won the National Bench show. She finished her HB ch at 1 yr and a couple months old. Finished in just a few hunts. She was FAST on the track and intense in her search. Opened honest and used her voice plenty but had a poor quality hound voice. High pitch chop that got better as she got older but not ideal.

Breeding to Beau directly is an option! He has sired excellent hunt and bench dogs.

Dogs to consider might include Excellent hunting beagles with the briarhill line in them.
Dee has passed but I got back her full litter sister and am deciding about breeding her/ how to breed her. Maybe good to choose an excellent rabbit dog sired by Joey which was Kala's litter brother(Briarhill breeding). That is the direction I was considering going with Dee.
I believe Mandi Bobbit has some rabbit dogs with Briarhill breeding. She is in Virginia and does formal pack.
Have also seen some nice structured rabbit dogs from Woodpont.
Last edited by TOUCHSTONE on Fri May 25, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

TC

Post by TC »

Here is a male Directly out of Joey and our Mizz-T Runs a good track Strong Voice deep chop. Honest Mouth 14"1/2 to 15"

Crewse-N-King Yang

From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Those are some goregous pups TC. Joey has proved he throws some Beautiful pups and maintains the hunt. :nod:
Marc and Steve thanks for the Vote of Confidence!
We have 3 bloodlines of full Show lines that have a ton of hunt, desire & search with proper mouth, and they have already shown it in their 2nd generation.
Image All-star is our 2nd generation breeding and Lola already has pups on the ground started burning up rabbits. So I think were on to something. The Good Lord has guided our steps as We couldn't have envisioned what has happened so quickly. Image
Harley is from the Lanbur line and has hunted from the very beginning.
Heres a Lola pup that started also on day1 with proper mouth. Image
Steve we also have a Leroy X Stormy Pup! Image I give credit to the dam of that Litter as much as anything, Stormy also is linebred White River with Elvis, but has the Sinnitts Molly cross as well.
Heres Stormy a very nice built female with extreme Hunt, and Brandan Dunlap has done an excellent job breeding her.Image
BTW Dan I would still love to breed to Beau, I love him... :nod:
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Heres a Quick clip of Lola runnin, this was her 4th time in the woods!
CLICK ON PHOTO TO Watch

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

i like the harley male Greg!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Hey thanks Steve, Harley is a Female...... Shes called Harley Girl :D

Blessed by the Best