7 Very Well Bred Hunting Beagles {Foundation Stock}

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Laneline

7 Very Well Bred Hunting Beagles {Foundation Stock}

Post by Laneline »

For Prices & More Information, Please Call: Larry Perry - 304-778-7217

------------------------------GRHBCH Thirty Ought Six Blitz
--------------------Shamrock Maloney
------------------------------Lake Ogemaw Angela
Tizzy- Female: Born, October 31, 2010
------------------------------HBCH Gridiron Sundown Peacekeepr Jet
--------------------No Luck She’s Tizzy
------------------------------GRHBCH Thirty Ought Six Flybye {littermate to Blitz}

------------------------------FTC Moneysunk Mountain Man
-------------------- Awful Bawlin Verswacker
------------------------------FTC Awful Bawling Hoser
Sparky- Female: Born, April 11, 2010
------------------------------GRHBCH Thirty Ought Six Blitz
--------------------MT State Pay Day
------------------------------MT State Georgey

------------------------------FTC Branko’s Lumberjack
--------------------Branko’s Blue Beard
------------------------------Branko’s Baba Janet
Sue- Female: Born, September 2, 2009
------------------------------Church’s Blue Flame Turbo
--------------------Shadywoodz Turbo Nellie
------------------------------T & M Hardrivin Allie

------------------------------MT State Gentle George
--------------------MT State Gray Mare Henry
------------------------------MT State Gray Mare
Jake- Male, Born: March 6, 2011
------------------------------Lambert’s Eldorado
--------------------Stanley’s Oreo
------------------------------Mountain Music Flashy Ann

---------------------FC Ranger Dan
Lacy- Female, Born: 2000
---------------------FC Black River Hanover Kate

---------------------HOF-GBFC Happyrun Calico Clem
Donna- Female, Born: 2009
---------------------Laneline Yellow Creek DonnaRae

---------------------FC Haunted Hill Shaker
Gracie Lou- Female, Born: 2002
---------------------Burr Oak Angelica

For Prices & More Information, Please Call: Larry Perry - 304-778-7217
Last edited by Laneline on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

DED

Re: 7 Very Well Bred Hunting Beagles {Foundation Stock}

Post by DED »

The pedigree on your first hound (Tizzy) can't be correct as my son and I owned Fly until her recent death. She was never bred to Shamrock. Just thought you should know.
Don
DD

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

James
If that one is wrong how about thw others??? :hammer:

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

Don, thanks for the correction. Mr. Perry does not have a computer and he was quoting these pedigrees over the phone, as I was typing them in. There were 2 Tizzys, opposed to 1. {mother/daughter}

Also, I had in another pedigree two different names for the same male dog, but it was actually correct. Dogs registered both in the UKC & AKC often have different names. As many know, UKC allows individuals to use a different name then what is on their AKC papers. Since most pedigree services only recognize the AKC given names, this can be confusing.

I believe all the rest are accurate, but if a person calls Mr. Perry, he has the AKC papers and their pedigrees, which he will be more than happy to read or show to you.
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

JCM

Post by JCM »

Foundation stock?

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

JCM wrote:Foundation stock?
What I would call “foundation stock” are females that are both solid in the field and within their DNA “pedigree structure”. Not just one or the other. I believe they provide the underlying genetic base for a kennel.

I know some only breed the best in the field to the best in the field, regardless of their pedigrees, while others attempt to match up as much “red ink” as possible regardless if they are related or not and still yet others will only “line-breed” regardless of the faults in the field. To each his own... but these particular dogs are solid dogs and derive from solid breeders. For those that have these particular lines, these would be excellent additions to their kennels.

Just my opinion of what I meant when I used the term “foundation stock”.

But I bet “Foundation Stock” would make for good conversation in the “Just Talkin Dawgs”. I am sure many people have many opinions on the subject, providing that it didn’t end up starting a “feud” and getting locked. Lol... Lately, something has been in the air on some of the strings.

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

nice bred dogs

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

Before anybody buys from Larry .. PM me first .. I'd hate to see anyone else get ripped off

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

mundellin you have already made the man out to be a crook so why not just post what he did to you and let everybody decide if he was the screwer or the screwee. If you can say it in a pm you should be able to post it.

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

FWIW, everyone, and I mean everyone, I've ever talked to about Mr. Perry has had nothing but good things to say about him. I've never met him, but 3 individual guys whom I believe to be true to their word have had nothing but excellent things to say about him and his hounds. Not looking to start an argument, just my experience. :D

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

I bought a pup off of Mr. Perry this year. He was very honest with me. I have never seen a pup start having so much natural talent. He is litermate to the Jake dog on this board.
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

RDN61

Post by RDN61 »

I have known Larry for a good while and have hunted with him a few times. I would guess a misunderstanding maybe, but I would be surprised if he intentionally cheated anyone! when I say a (good while) I mean years.
Last edited by RDN61 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Mr perry isn't going to screw anyone! The man runs dogs seven days a week and that's all he does. Always watch the dog run.....and thats with anyone you buys dog from.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Walnut Shade Beagles

Post by Walnut Shade Beagles »

I have bought several dogs off Mr. Perry. Out of all the dogs I bought, only 1 was not working for me. He was a hard hitting male that was a rabbit dog! Just not my style, Mr. Perry told me to bring him back, and had a man waiting on him when I got there. My Awful Bawlin male I bought from him is probably the best dog I have. As is my little bitch out of Burr Oak Burt, she isn't my style either, but she can flat out tear a rabbit up! I just keep her to run against my buddies who brag about all their fast Branko dogs!!! So I would say go to his house, look at the dog work, ask SPECIFIC questions. I aint saying Mr. Perry would lie, I honestly don't think he would, but he will answer your question specifically, you have to dig a little deeper! I would buy again if that means anything!

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

I can see a “misunderstanding” happening or a difference of opinion of a dog’s speed, hunting style or even looks when a dog is being negotiated over the phone with anybody, simply because the dog is being described, interpreted or measured according to individual personal “scales”.

But I have known Larry Perry since the late 80’s / early 90’s and have never known him to “rip off” anybody. He is very honest and dependable. His standard in dogs is second to none. Many people have started and based their whole kennels around the dogs they received from Larry Perry, as his dogs are found in pedigrees everywhere in the “beagle world”.

As many of you trialers from the AKC, UKC & ARHA know, Larry has been providing dogs to trialers & gun hunters for 35+ years, including to many people on this forum. He is very well known, respected, trusted and liked. He has not “ripped off” anybody yet, and he is not going to start doing it now.