Looking for a Complete hound

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

RabbitSlayer40

Looking for a Complete hound

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

I'm looking for something that can drive a track needs no help and that on worst conditions can run one better than the rest. I have solid hard hunting hounds and that I would consider well above average but I'm looking for something that can do it all on it's own. Has to have good hunt but most important is the track ability. Idc if I have to watch 50 hounds go I won't buy unless you can give a trail with cash in hand. Prefer northway hounds but am open to other lines if it can do what I have described. I'm in no rush to find a hound right now I've got plenty of dog power but will pay for the right dog. Has to be located in ky or close to south central ky. Text or call if you have something that fits the bill thanks! 270-566-3340
Last edited by RabbitSlayer40 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casey Harner

Re: Looking for a Complete hound

Post by Casey Harner »

Aren't we all.

Tell me how much that hound is once you find it.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

RabbitSlayer40

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

Tell you what I'll be on the look out for you as long as you stay on the look out for me.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

Hey Rabbit Slayer your gonna be hard pressed, when a guy puts the time into a well bred hound and brings his greatness out it takes real work. Most are not going to give you that hound on a trial, for one simple fact....guys ruin good dogs in a flash with shock collars. If I was gonna sell you a hound you could come run it all you want and bring what you want for as long as you want but no trials. Seen to many dogs over the years set way back by the collar. JMO Good luck in your search.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

fastone

Post by fastone »

The male for sale by Kings on this board ha sa great nose and hunt I hear
Rabbit Ridge Kennels,home of
RABBIT RIDGE Penny
RABBIT RIDGE Zoey
King Ralph's Dolly

We feed and recommend VICTOR feed.
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

JacksonBoys wrote:Hey Rabbit Slayer your gonna be hard pressed, when a guy puts the time into a well bred hound and brings his greatness out it takes real work. Most are not going to give you that hound on a trial, for one simple fact....guys ruin good dogs in a flash with shock collars. If I was gonna sell you a hound you could come run it all you want and bring what you want for as long as you want but no trials. Seen to many dogs over the years set way back by the collar. JMO Good luck in your search.

X2 :check: not saying rabbit slayer Is this type of person .But they have people out there that don't know how to use a shock collar and they been using them for years .
Last edited by CASKEY'S KENNEL on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

mud

Post by mud »

Rabbit slayer is a fine young houndsman that has in my opinion quality above average hounds. I understand people not wanting to give a trial on a hound. I respect that. I am like him if I am going to spend a large sum of money on a hound I get a trial or I am not interested. All it means is that we would not do business with each other. No harm in that happens all the time.. I have made every mistake a man can make in over 45 years in buying dogs. Pups and young started dogs or a dog that does not involve a large of money I am ok with watching it run or taking a guys word..Before I cut loose a large sum I get a trial or I don't buy..

RabbitSlayer40

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

Jackson appreciate the input but not sure I've ever heard what your saying happen. Idk why I would hurt one with a collar if it does what it's supposed to do there is no need in using a collar. Never seen one ruined by using tone. Like mudd said for a pup or cheap dog I have no issue seeing it at someone's place then purchasing it. If I'm going to buy a quality hound I pay cash upfront with understanding of I take it make sure it fits my pack and does as it's advertised. If not it's brought back in the same health conditions it left in. Seen to many dogs shown at a local homey hole with rabbits there that makes a common dog look good. Like I said I'm not in need just curious what all is out there. Someone doesn't want to give a trial no problem I sell mine on trial about anytime I sell one which isn't often but if a dog is as advertised it shouldn't matter if a man takes it once or 50 times it should show up as it's described just my thinking.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

A complete hound might be looked at differently by every one, so rabbitslayer what do you consider a complete hound?
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

RabbitSlayer40

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

One that the description isn't good potential,prospect needs little work. Just a solid hound not talking about someone's once in a lifetime hound but a complete hound from hunting to running not saying it won't have a small fault bc they all do. My hounds hunt hard An run a good rabbit but could always use improvement in areas most can. What I'm not looking for is just an extra dog to add to my pack.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

We all learn from experience trial and error. Breeders that sell high quality rabbit dogs don't sell on a trail. Dogs in a sense are like kids, they will see what they can get by with and if your new hound don't wanna stop hunting after 3 hrs and your ready to go home what you gonna do? What if you go buy a top notch hound and you cut him or her loose and they jump something and are flat leaving town....the whole packs joins in, you got the new hound, you got one of your favorite hounds from your kennel that just cant stay out of nothing and a couple young hounds that just needs there guts ran out. Leaving town now....200, 300, getting nervous 350,Garman says 6 miles a hour your shocking not knowing the new hound and low and behold you just shocked that hound for pounding a good runner. Just a couple of our reasons why we don't sell on a trail. There is a lot of guys with more money than sense when it comes to hounds. JMO. Good luck in your search.

Bill's (614)965-2219

RabbitSlayer40

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

Little far fetched for me but I guess it happens my old plugs only run a rabbit so no danger in that scenario taking place but hey you boys have good luck selling without giving a trial keep on keeping on. Like I said anyone that has something that might fit the bill give me a holler if not no big deal.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

You would get to take a look at quite a few more hounds without the demand of only buying on trial. And ill bet some pretty good ones at that. As for us Boys we sell very few and only breed for what we want,

Bill's (614)965-2219

RabbitSlayer40

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

You've got your ways of doing business and I've got mine doesn't make mine better or yours worse just the way I've had good luck with being satisfied. If someone wants to buy the dog for me then I'll def take consideration on their ways of doing it lol.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Not that my opinion means a thing but I've got one and don't mind sharing it.For what it's worth.
I'd have to agree with the JacksonBoys and the only difference is that the price of the dog whether it be $500.00 or $2,500.00 wouldn't make a difference to me.There are only about 5 guys that I can think of that I would let take one of my dogs on a trial.They are close friends,they are dog men that know hounds,they run regularly,keep a clean kennel,are honest and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my hound would be taken care of as good as if he were here at home and brought back to me in the condition he left.And I wouldn't NEED any money in hand from any of those guys.
I'm not some one that buys and sells hounds on a regular basis.In fact in 50 years I've never bought a grown running hound.I have sold several over the years for more than an AVERAGE price.
My feeling has always been that you are welcome to come see the dog for sale as many times as you want to see him in as many ways as you want to see him.Solo,packed up,with his kennel mates,with your hounds,on a good running day or on a hot dry day where it hasn't rained in a week,or on a foot of new snow.If you've got good running grounds lets go run him at your honey hole or take him where nobody's seen a rabbit in a year and see how he handles that?? Your choice.You make up your mind.
But when he leaves my yard,the money's mine and the dog is your's.
Good luck on your search Rabitslayer40.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch