Been a while, but glad to be back!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mrwvsportsman

Been a while, but glad to be back!

Post by mrwvsportsman »

It's been a few years since I have been on here and since I have had any hounds. I had experienced some health problems that set me back a little bit, but I am back on my feet, still wobbly, but ready to hit the brush again. And my daughter is missing the daddy/daughter time in the woods with the dogs too. So thanks to Kenny Vanhoose, we are back at it. Well after this Friday, that is. Surprising her with a pup from Kenny and daddy had to get 2 young males from him too. Man I can't wait to hear that "hound of music" again!
If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

LR Patch

Re: Been a while, but glad to be back!

Post by LR Patch »

Glad ur back , out & about . It's hard to stay away whens it's in your blood .lol
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

Good luck Mike and God Bless.
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Best Med. that you can find,, and it sure does Help to have a Family member that enjoys, that Hound Music!!

I can relate to that Wobble, condition myself but after I finally broke down, and started taking my Ol Kubota RTV 900 with use on the long all day gun hunts,, Man I can hang in there with them as long as they wish to run now days.. I once said when I have to start hunting, on a four wheeler or RTV, was time to hang it up. I been hunting pretty heavy now, for about 5 years, it sure beats not getting to go. Not like being able to watch, the hounds hunt etc. I trained a lots of young pups, to run with them when I am on the Kubota, and once you get them Trained they will Hunt with you I have a loading ramp, they come up the ramp and get inside the dog box inside the Kubota,,they seem to love the ride, after a long days run in field.

Good Luck with them pups, and keep that young lady hunting with you.. I now have a Great Grand Daughter that I hope to live long enough, to get to hunting with me,, I am 76 and contribute these hounds and the Good Lord, to me still being around.

Keep Looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

mrwvsportsman

Post by mrwvsportsman »

Thanks all! I will definitely be taking my sxs on any private land where the landowner will allow it. Most of my hunting is public or gated though. Just have to take it easy and let the dogs beat the brush more now instead of getting in there with them. The Lord has blessed me with a beautiful daughter who enjoys the outdoors and I plan to be out there with her as long as I possibly can. Hopefully many more years!
If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?