ISO HEAVY GREEN BAY BLOODED DOGS

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bigdawgs1973

ISO HEAVY GREEN BAY BLOODED DOGS

Post by bigdawgs1973 »

I'm in the market for a couple males or couple females. Must be heavy Green Bay bloodlines and maybe also have green Bay top and bottom. Do not want anything fast running. I prefer a upper medium speed dog that keeps nose to the ground, but must be already a running well dog and not gun shy. I prefer smaller size such as around 13" if possible. Also interested in blueticks from Green Bay bloodline if there are any. After I have a couple well running dogs, I will then be in the market for pups.

I'm located in Ohio and will welcome any information and videos. Can be contacted at 937-658-0476.

Swampman

Re: ISO HEAVY GREEN BAY BLOODED DOGS

Post by Swampman »

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

You don't want anything fast? You do realize joe (green bay) runs large pack/Midwest style dogs right?
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

bigdawgs1973

Post by bigdawgs1973 »

I was told Green Bay dogs do not run fast. I'm just learning about the bloodline as I really don't know much about it. I was thinking they are just above medium speed from what I was told, but yet not fast. I'd like to find a dog that runs a 6-7 speed and keeps the nose to the ground and not hunting like bird dogs. I don't run in field trials so I'm only a rabbit hunter and pleasure runner. I've had Brankos in the past and just didn't like them they way they would push the rabbit so hard my son couldn't even get a shot on any, plus it seemed like they lost more than they accounted for. I. Just going by what people tell me after I've reached out letting folks know what I'm looking for in a dog. I was also told Green Bay dogs are excellent in the snow and adverse weather like we have here in Ohio during the winter months which is a majority of hunting season.

I also contacted Joe K. Up in Michigan and he told me he has nothing at this time.

bear128

Post by bear128 »

a lot of Greenbay blood goes back to or has some Branko in it

bear128

Post by bear128 »

They do have big noses and gears to run in all conditions.Best thing to do is go watch some run just like in any bloodline some run harder then others

Bobby Angel

Post by Bobby Angel »

You have a pm

Jodydoe1014

Post by Jodydoe1014 »

I have a open marked 3 yr old female out of FC Green Bay walk on that has great hunt, great mouth and uses it right good medium speed.

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Pm sent