17 month old Butkus Male, dam is Jasper bred.SOLD

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

17 month old Butkus Male, dam is Jasper bred.SOLD

Post by BCBeagles »

My brother has a very nice young male that he is going to let go. He is not $300 cull young hound so if that is the price range you are looking in...he is not your dog.

This dog is about 14 inches tall, heavily ticked tricolor with a brown head. Great build and acts as if he is beyond his age. He has had well over 25 rabbits killed in front of him this year(that is alot for us...lol...we just don't shoot many). He is tone broke, has not bothered junk for us, but we run broke dogs with him.

He hunts very well, one of his best attributes, he is very busy and looks for rabbits and jumps rabbits. He has good foot and good line control. I would call his foot solo a 6 plus. With a pack he picks it up to a 7-8 range. He can and will run the front on our hounds. He has plenty of foot to move with most.

Big bawl and chop mouth. Sounds like a hound...really like his mouth. He has what I would call a medium check area, not the tightest we have, but he knows where the point of loss is and works from there. He has, on many occasions, picked checks on a pretty nice group of dogs and he knows what to do when he gets it. He is very honest mouthed. I would consider his nose medium, when he opens he has it.

I am confident he would measure in the 13's in the midwest even though he is a "big 13".

He is directly off of Butkus and a female directly off of Talkabout Blue Jasper, Dink is one of the finest jump dogs I have seen, I would own her in a minute. This young male is on his way to a very nice hound in all areas.

Only reason his for sale, he is a male, we keep mostly females and will be keeping multiple pups off of litters raised here this spring and summer.

$1000 FIRM....we will continue to run him if not sold. PM me please for interest...we can set up time to talk about him...I can text a pic of him. He is a houndy looking dog and is good in the kennel as well.

I have seen enough qualities off of this young dog to seriously consider breeding to him. I love his hustle and search. He is well on his way to a hound you could compete with or make an outstanding gun dog.

Thanks for looking and good running to all!

BCBeagles

Re: 17 month old Butkus Male, dam is Jasper bred.SOLD

Post by BCBeagles »

Sold...heading to North Carolina.

Thanks.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

BCBeagles wrote:This dog is about 14 inches tall,
I am confident he would measure in the 13's in the midwest even though he is a "big 13".
Really, do you run in the Midwest?
If so, please let us all know what judges allow this.
A judge that will cheat at the measuring stand will cheat in the field!

I run in the Midwest and take offense to this statement.
13" class hounds must measure 13" and under, hounds that measure over 13" to 15" run in the 15" class!

Furthermore, I question both the character and integrity of anyone that encourages others to cheat just to sell a hound.
Last edited by Swampman on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Yes...I attend a couple trials per year...I thoroughly enjoy them win or lose...mostly lose...lol.

NO offense meant....but if you run midwest you know what I mean.....I also see the pics of the Northern Michigan Hare association and talk to guys that run there.
It is OBVIOUS it goes on....that is bigger than the "13" allowed to run in the 13 class. Same for the 15's.....lets just keep it real.

They are allowing it to happen......I don't know what "integrity" you are referring to I am just stating the truth about the matter.
If they "bend that bar"....that don't have to turn entries and cash for the clubs away.

The gentleman that bought the dog....knows the whole story on him....AND if he isn't satisfied we will send his 1000 dollars back to him....that has already been arranged.

I don't know that it was an advertising tool...but simply stating a fact.

I wish you continued success with your hounds and whatever format you run. Take care.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I do run MWBGF, you may enter an oversize hound, but its going to get measured out for the winners pack.
I will say, I haven't entered a hound in the deep south to the SE, but I've witnessed none of this in KY., IN., IA., MI. nor WI. (GB club runs Midwest style, but not a Midwest club).

As for the NMHA, no argument there!!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

13" class hounds must measure under 13", hounds that measure 13" to 15" run in the 15" class!

Furthermore, I question both the character and integrity of anyone that encourages others to cheat just to sell a hound.

Swampman
I always thought a hound that measured 13" on the stick was what is considered a true 13" hound and ran in the 13" class. anything over a true 13" hound ran in the 15"class up and including the true 15" hound but not over.?
I had a little Sassy bitch I entered in the 15" class at a Midwest trial at the Coal Country Club yrs ago and she got kicked out for being undersized, a true 13" hound. Imagine my surprise when I heard that,...to little to run with the big dogs...lol

There seems to be confusion on this and needs to be clarified so no one's character & integrity is questioned, My goodness.

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

13 1/16 u run 15 inch class 13 and under run 13 inch class

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

This dog...that has been sold...stacked and stood up would measure 13 3/4 plus regularly....if not truly 14. I call that the legitimate measurement of a hound.
This is just my opinion on it.

In the "natural stance" he would measure 13 or under...I am confident.....sorry for the issues..did not want to offend or call anyone out.....thanks!

When I say a measurement I mean the stacked measurement.....again....not meaning to start any issues.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

S.R.Patch wrote:
13" class hounds must measure under 13", hounds that measure 13" to 15" run in the 15" class!

Swampman
I always thought a hound that measured 13" on the stick was what is considered a true 13" hound and ran in the 13" class. anything over a true 13" hound ran in the 15"class up and including the true 15" hound but not over.?
I had a little Sassy bitch I entered in the 15" class at a Midwest trial at the Coal Country Club yrs ago and she got kicked out for being undersized, a true 13" hound. Imagine my surprise when I heard that,...to little to run with the big dogs...lol

There seems to be confusion on this and needs to be clarified so no one's character & integrity is questioned, My goodness.
Typo corrected!

Jim,
I apologize for highjacking your thread.
I hear all the snide comments about the NMHA when I travel outside of the NMHA to trials, I don't want outsiders thinking the MWBGF does the same.
Sadly, my own personal experience with the AKC has proven to me they couldn't care less about their own rules, all they care about is $$$$!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

No worries....I understand...take care!